Author Topic: Mysterious "fake" lag I've been experienced solved by Plop and Kuroshukun.  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
It's the fact that I'm playing on a windows 10 laptop. There is an intregrated feature that is in relation to battery usage,
in which cpu throttling is automatically disabled. Causing the CPU to run incorrectly in allocating CPU usage for warcraft 2, causing massive unit delay, especially when the game goes on. Playing on a desktop will automatically fix this issue. However, the fix for laptops is ever easy. There is a solution that already exists created by the iccup community two screenshots:

It's also important to note I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Plop and Kuro have also said they've experienced this, and there's no telling all of the new players who have accepted this unit delay as the norm.

If you google "starcraft 1 windows 10 cpu lag", or "warcraft 3 cpu useage delay" you will get dozens and dozens of articles.

I've been trying to solve this issue and the problem I've run into is, that windows 10 has no intregrated feature to fix this, other than changing CPU throlling for every program. That wouldn't be a good thing. The only apps that I can control it on, are apps I don't use that are integrated windows 10 apps. Also, Warcraft 2 has no option to enable cpu throttling. But starcraft brood war does. My suggestion is to make an update that forces it, exactly like the mca64launcher. There are also many other features on that launcher that would be great for warcraft 2.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:47:43 PM by Yamon »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
I don't use Win10 so I've never had this problem. But WTH there's and option called "CPU throttling" and nobody thought to turn it off until now? Speachless..... ???
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
i already fixed it. No, you need to enable CPU throttling for warcraft 2. It is automatically enabled on desktops. I use the mcalauncher and open starcraft, close it and it's applied to warcraft 2.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
niacin + latency fix + coffee enemas = yamon greatest of all time

it's not a latency issue. that's why no one knew what i was talking about. It was my computer, but it seemed like a latency issue.
Luckily the few intelligent people I call my friends immediately knew what I was talking about, and said it's related to CPU processing and I found the actual problem and solution myself.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
nice info yamon, thanks for sharing. I wonder how many active war2 players even use win10. i know we get a lot of new people who have display issues on it but rarely hear any followup complaints about in-game lag, i guess few of them even play online & the ones that do don't stick around long enough to notice
squeak!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
I wonder how many active war2 players even use win10

I use windows 10 on a laptop when i play war2, then again im currently inactive.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
thanks sepi :thumbsup:

I wonder how many active war2 players even use win10

I use windows 10 on a laptop when i play war2, then again im currently inactive.
oh nice, perhaps we should have a poll to learn more
squeak!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
win7 has it also..u can tell mostly with say a e-300 amd low watt laptop..when the battery is low its gonna set u in 400mhz and no this isnt like a 400mhz p2 ..performance blows all over.

and they constantly doit if your idle..u can maybe find a program for your cpu and lock it in high frequency state.

u couldnt pay me to use 10...as o right now fug 7 also.. any program i install i have to move it out of the program files to get the read only off..talking about a pos..guess they didnt want granny to delete something

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
can i say "nerd" ? ;D ;)
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..