Author Topic: tk[as] for admin  (Read 19387 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: tk[as] for admin
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »
im going to make some coffee but i'll be playing in 10 min or so

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 12:55:10 PM »
ok, our demand is officially canceled as tk doesn`t want. Sorry for disturbing!!
Let`s see tk vs sepi.
Looks like a good way to solve problems on our server. Who wins is right :) hfhfhf

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
looking back on this... sepi was either trolling extremely hard, or is bi-polar.

i think maybe a really good job of trolling

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 03:26:45 AM »
tk

Both those things you posted are from usa-archer
He was posting a lot about that here at around the same time he posted those.

Then he just kinda stopped talking shit and went away, so I guess he couldn't make it work.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
damn, what was that whole weird tk/sepi exchange haha

No doubt the server doesn't NEED another admin.. but I always felt like I was the go-to for most basic issues.. Just a face always willing to drop everything to either fix the issue or figure out how to fix it. People seemed to appreciate that. Always logged on as admin so people recognized it.

That's all giving me admin would be... Just another tool in the tool box that served a slightly different purpose.
that does make some sense, thanks for giving your stance on it  :thumbsup:

Again I appreciate the support everybody. I'm not 100% sure why ily is pushing it so hard. I think I would have been more beneficial a year or two ago. I think I could have assisted in maintaining users. It's a lot more difficult to rebuild than maintain.

I know you and others don't seem to agree with it but I look at t admin as a job. If it's not my responsibility I don't take the initiative. So I haven't really been taking any steps to build or maintain the user base.
I brought up firewall hole punching to fix our hosting issue a year or so ago and nothing has been done about that. I don't see how giving me admin would further that progress at all. And if we can't get a decent fix to hosting spending the time and energy to rebuild the community seems a little bit pointless anyway
i agree with you there, without the server being actively updated/improved there's not much point in trying to recruit/retain new players. the new generations of players expect everything to work perfectly out of the box and as time passes fewer & fewer people will be willing to jump through the hoops required just to log on & play. i wish i could contribute in this area but it's just beyond my expertise, iL is the only real sysadmin among all the admins so without his involvement there's not much the rest of us can do to implement server improvements. :(
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »
So.. The question is: is he willing to give you sysadmin so we can get the ball rolling on any of these updates (assuming you are comfortable with that)

And if he isnt willing.. Can we agree as a community that it's time to switch to a server with more support (yours)

... Or do we just accept its dying a slow death that is out of our control

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »
As far as some of them out of your expertise.. Im sure we could find reputable people willing to write the script.. I feel like there are a few willing to donate to the cost .. But we would need to feel comfortable about the price, the capabilities of the person we hire for it, and its guarantee it will be implemented ..

I would have been looking for someone capable to write the script already, but I never got the impression iL was going to trust the source and implement it.. I don't see why we can't hire a professional. It can't be crazy expensive I wouldn't think

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
wasn't tk admin once and had a meltdown?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »
It's mostly forgotten now but on the old forum his signature move was the forum meltdown.  He would post 4 times in a row all the time, each post more riled up than the last, working himself up into a froth.  People would read the posts and comment, "Nice meltdown"

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 04:13:11 PM »
You guys have odd definitions of melt downs.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 04:19:58 PM »
In my opinion if an admin were to have a meltdown it would almost definitely involve going on a ban and a kick spree. F****** up everything they possibly could on their way out. I just got tired of some b******* and ask to be removed.

It was recently brought to my attention that il was under the impression I deleted some Forum posts before I left. I have zero recollection of that. Is he confusing me with somebody else or is there something I'm just not remembering?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
S*** I just made a double post. And now this is my third post. Meltdown 2.0

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
In my opinion if an admin were to have a meltdown it would almost definitely involve going on a ban and a kick spree. F****** up everything they possibly could on their way out. I just got tired of some b******* and ask to be removed.

It was recently brought to my attention that il was under the impression I deleted some Forum posts before I left. I have zero recollection of that. Is he confusing me with somebody else or is there something I'm just not remembering?
I remember you had a meltdown about Burnt splitting your thread but I don't remember you deleting a lot of posts... deleting every IP from the ban list, yes, but deleting a bunch of posts I don't remember...

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »
Don't think it was about me?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »
It wasn't about you, it was about forum moderation in general.  tk was against it and got mad whenever I moved a non-game related thread from server.war2.ru to General discussion