Author Topic: tk[as] for admin  (Read 19401 times)

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
tk[as] for admin
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:04:18 AM »
We clan [as] and i am sure lots of people from all arround the world want to say that we would like to have tk[as] as an admin on our server. He is a long time player known by almost everyone on the server. He did lots of good things for our game and server. We think that it is a great idea and that he will help a lot our comunity. He loves war2, trained lots of people, is a good organisator/leader and a nice person. If there are any other people who think like us let us know, if for any reaoson you think that it is a bad idea let us know why. Would be very nice not to have any ,,stupid'' accusation and personal attacks. Let`s try to have an repsectfull topic even if we all know our comunity.

Bane. Gotham is yours - YouTube

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: tk[as] for admin
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
1 is this his idea
2 why would he be the best person from [as] to be an admin.

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »
Answer from Ilyich[as]

I do not remember my stupid forum password. I tried to log in post blids answers
1. Tk has said many times that he would like to be admin again. It is not at his behest that we make this post, it is at ilyich's.
2. Tk has experience being an admin and knows the role and responsibilities of the admin.

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »
From me :)
Now i am the leader of [as]
 First i want to thank you for the ladder sistem.
He is our most experienced/good skilled/ long time player. He was already an admin and  knowing his ideas i think he will be a good one. Of course not everybody will love him, but he might help the comunity with some good hints.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:30:33 PM »
No. And not my idea. But ilyich asked if I'd do it.. my response was yes definitely. But I also let him know it was very unlikely it would get any type of serious consideration. This has already been brought up a few times in the past. I and perfectly fine not being admin. But if the opportunity presented itself I wouldn't turn it down. I'm easy.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »
I would support tk as admin, despite that he's a noob war2 ally.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 05:41:56 PM »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
tk was never, ever, ever, a decent warcraft II player, yet i too support his request for adminship

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »
appreciate it but i think that ship has sailed for il in particular

time for ilyich to come back to war2 and dominate 2v2's with me.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
@Tolean could you make a Private poll so people can vote on this.
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »
Answer from Ilyich[as]

I do not remember my stupid forum password. I tried to log in post blids answers
1. Tk has said many times that he would like to be admin again. It is not at his behest that we make this post, it is at ilyich's.
2. Tk has experience being an admin and knows the role and responsibilities of the admin.
have him contact me to reset it if the "reset password" form isn't working for him :thumbsup:

We clan [as] and i am sure lots of people from all arround the world want to say that we would like to have tk[as] as an admin on our server. He is a long time player known by almost everyone on the server. He did lots of good things for our game and server. We think that it is a great idea and that he will help a lot our comunity. He loves war2, trained lots of people, is a good organisator/leader and a nice person. If there are any other people who think like us let us know, if for any reaoson you think that it is a bad idea let us know why. Would be very nice not to have any ,,stupid'' accusation and personal attacks. Let`s try to have an repsectfull topic even if we all know our comunity.
can you list some examples of what he will do to help the community? i wouldn't have a problem with tk becoming an admin if he's going to serve some purpose, but if it's purely to "recognize past achievements" and all he'll be doing is wearing the icon then i oppose. (this is my thinking for any potential candidate, not just tk.)

in general i tend to think about the question of promoting someone to admin like:

1. do we need more admins? is there currently some demonstrable void that having another admin will fill?

2. is the candidate already actively contributing in some way, and will becoming an admin somehow enhance those contributions? in tk's case it always seems to be like "i will do x, y & z to help the server, IF i become admin" but my stance is that such contributions should lead & the admin role should follow, not vice versa. tora, kagan & I are the last 3 to become admin & we all made contributions on our own before we got promoted.

one may argue that tk has already done some good things in the past, but having this requirement that someone be actively contributing also helps to show that they will continue to do so after becoming an admin, rather than it just being some kind of honorary title
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
No doubt the server doesn't NEED another admin.. but I always felt like I was the go-to for most basic issues.. Just a face always willing to drop everything to either fix the issue or figure out how to fix it. People seemed to appreciate that. Always logged on as admin so people recognized it.

That's all giving me admin would be... Just another tool in the tool box that served a slightly different purpose.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 04:41:08 PM »
Again I appreciate the support everybody. I'm not 100% sure why ily is pushing it so hard. I think I would have been more beneficial a year or two ago. I think I could have assisted in maintaining users. It's a lot more difficult to rebuild than maintain.

I know you and others don't seem to agree with it but I look at t admin as a job. If it's not my responsibility I don't take the initiative. So I haven't really been taking any steps to build or maintain the user base.
I brought up firewall hole punching to fix our hosting issue a year or so ago and nothing has been done about that. I don't see how giving me admin would further that progress at all. And if we can't get a decent fix to hosting spending the time and energy to rebuild the community seems a little bit pointless anyway

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 01:20:40 AM »
I think tk answered already to your question. I am pretty sure he will be a good admin, but  because a year ago he wasn`t supported in some of his ideas i can`t tell you lots of things he did last year, only in the past.
No need for poll tora in my opinion because there will be maximum 10 votes. It will not be relevant. So tk looks like if you you want to get the admin position you must show some kind of plan/ideas.
Or we can make some kind of trial, 3 months, lets give to the man the chance to show his ideas in work not on paper.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 10:55:15 AM »
Hey ive kinda thought about this a little more.. I really do appreciate the gesture but even if all of the admins were on board, i dont think it's something im interested in.

I just dont see any of my plans/ideas to rebuild being supported/successful .. and i dont really want to take on that frustration right now.

ill just play the game and enjoy what we have left. thanks tho.

p.s. get your ass back on the server ilyich. play some wartoo