Author Topic: WC2 OPERATION BALANCE.. WE NEED BETA TESTERS  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
WC2 OPERATION BALANCE.. WE NEED BETA TESTERS
« on: September 07, 2018, 03:21:07 PM »
download link at the end of this post... read for instructions

OK my buddy easy with his big brain of usefulneesss made me a wc2 patch where paladins can excorcist ogremages .. I have already tested this on my maps and
ogres still over power humans with this but it greatly reduces it … we need people to test this new patch... so far we made the patch with the excor

all we gotta do now is set ogre runes to 100 instead of 200 … because excor will become OP in a choke situation vs orgre mages so to balance it for ogres
we reduce the cost of rune stones

these are the only 2 changes were making for opertation balance!!! once easy as finished the new zip with runes 100 an ogie mages affected by excor
we will post the new zip link here... you will install this beta wc2 an do not overwrite ur old wc2 because this new beta you can only play with other people who are also beta testing
if you host  a game with people who do not have the beta they will drop from the game

so yes you will still be on the same server during the beta testing... to inform other people you are a beta tester you will add "beta" into your profile an jus check other peoples profiles
to know who else is beta testing an who you can play with

if you find any problems with this or have any suggestions AFTER you have beta tested this
(meaning keep your opinions to your self if you haven't tried it yet)  THEN you will make a post with your findings an suggestions TY

IF YOU DONT WANA WAIT FOR THE NEW SET UP N WANT TO START TESTING NOW! DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH
instructions...
COPY YOUR WC2 FOLDER PASTE IT IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AND RENAME IT TO War2Combat EXCO
then paste this patch into your NEW wc2 folder an overwrite the old 1!
WARNING DO NOT PASTE THIS PATCH INTO YOUR ORIGNAL WC2 FOLDER WITH OUT COPYING IT OVER BECUASE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY NORMAL GAMES
AFTER YOUR BETA TEST .. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE 2 COPIES OF YOUR WC2 FOLDER 1 WITH THIS NEW PATCH 1 WITH YOUR OLD PATCH
SO YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY ON BOTH VERSIONS (this patch does not have the runes cost decreased to 100 that will come in the new setup file)

https://ufile.io/rgldw

:peon:V--THIS IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD NEW PATCH--V :peon:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=02318478664346386258&t=0231847866434638625859782

OR HERE
IF U CANT UNZIP AND WANT THE FILE DIRECT
https://ufile.io/rgldw
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 03:58:20 PM by Qanon »

Offline magetower

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: WC2 OPERATION BALANCE.. WE NEED BETA TESTERS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:22:49 PM »
Not sure I'd be for it. I think I'd rather have a patch/mod where the paladins can heal more/autoheal like starcraft medics, not cast exorcism on Ogre-mages.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 10:25:23 AM »
I remember the auto heal getting attempted awhile ago and the problem was the heal amounts couldn’t keep up with blood lust no matter what. However the auto heal is a step in the right direction if you were looking to balance.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline magetower

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
1. A couple of ideas to balance it

1. Slow when cast on a bloodlusted (Ogre at least) reduces it to even damage with a paladin, instead of making them hit 1.5 times more hard instead.
2. Exorcism gets rid of bloodlust on beings that have it. Would you be for a radius-effect, or that the paladins have to cast it on every bloodlusted creature on individually?
3. Could you change healing so that it also gives the paladins a defense bonus against melee (hand to hand) damage?
4. Since it is possible to change an ability, (such as exorcism working on Ogre-mages, instead of just death knights/skeletons) have healing not heal at all and instead give a defense bonus, rename it "Holy Vigor" or something like that :) Kinda like option 3, but it was give defense instead of healing as well.
5. What about just plain getting rid of bloodlust for Orcs? At least you can destroy the Ogre-Mound to get rid of Ogres (and OMs) , though destroying the Altar of Storms, won't make it so the players couldn't make Ogre mages, or cast bloodlust if they've already researched either of them.

Offline Giattimo

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 04:14:12 AM »
I want to know more about this. It will make me get more and more back.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 05:46:41 AM »
I want to know more about this. It will make me get more and more back.

i got the beta laying around some where it acutally worked out pretty well but people dont wana play it.. if u ever on give me a shout ill test it wit ya

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 03:58:46 AM »
the bugged out heal is way better..keeps the game almost the same except you dont click heal