Author Topic: "I don't lag"  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
"I don't lag"
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
FYI/PSA: If you are asked to leave, you leave--immediately. It doesn't matter if you have a $3000 computer with a fiber internet connection. Most lag these days is a conflict between two players, which is much more likely to be an issue between ISPs, or router configuration, and has nothing to do with your computer or connection speed. Usually people ask the newest player to join a group to leave, and it almost always works for this reason.

If you feel compelled to justify and tell other players that "you don't lag", you actually probably do much more often than you think, since you've been in the situation often enough to get defensive. If you're stubborn about it and other people leave first, it may very well appear, to you, that you were right when the person conflicting with you left, and that just further ingrains this stupid fiction in your own mind. This does not make you right; it makes you the asshole.

It is especially idiotic when you are the only watcher in a game. Who else is going to leave? The players?
Stop ruining games and just leave. Thank you.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: "I don't lag"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
YWFN LETS ALLIANCE OK?
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:11:38 PM »
dam that fiber optic is unreal..i was playing with a dude from japan and our server is in ny another game..cough(quakelive its like 5-10$) dude has like 20ms.. im pushing 60-70(dsl)  :o

which i believe dsl cant go under 50 at the most.

ya wish the conflict wasnt in war2 :/ vpn only way around?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:14:37 PM by easycompany »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »
I suppose you could always kill them if they refuse to leave when you scout , just add in the  watcher spots, being they have only 1 peasant and all. Though those few seconds are probably enough to cost you in a game of seconds against opponents of equal or better skill levels. Then again, getting tilted and typing at them more then needed probably costs you more seconds then scouting the watcher spot to kill them.

Or ask the other watchers to kill them if there are others. And take the target off ally chat so they don't see the writ of their assassination being handed out :P.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 03:28:24 AM »
I suppose you could always kill them if they refuse to leave when you scout , just add in the  watcher spots, being they have only 1 peasant and all. Though those few seconds are probably enough to cost you in a game of seconds against opponents of equal or better skill levels. Then again, getting tilted and typing at them more then needed probably costs you more seconds then scouting the watcher spot to kill them.

Or ask the other watchers to kill them if there are others. And take the target off ally chat so they don't see the writ of their assassination being handed out :P.

Its to hard for Ywfn watch minimap and think where could watcher start game!

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 04:19:04 AM »
Well Said YWFN. Another reason I just ban people I don't recognize any more unless they PM aka in 5 seconds.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:07 AM »
Nice 214 posts Shotgun.

Also I know sometimes it can be forgotten but usually before the game starts switching between ORC-HUMAN as a host you should be able to spot the lag before the game starts and avoid any mess.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
YWFN LETS ALLIANCE OK?

Sorry I am tired of carrying you. I am getting too old and slow for that. I would much rather ally much better players like Braviet and Alf.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
YWFN LETS ALLIANCE OK?

Sorry I am tired of carrying you. I am getting too old and slow for that. I would much rather ally much better players like Braviet and Alf.

So u need Alliance "better" players than me? So u are lowest if u cant win with me

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
So u need Alliance "better" players than me?

Yes.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
  • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
I know i dont fucking lag
Quote from: KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
Quote from: Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss.  Hat tip to you
Quote from: Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned