Author Topic: CHECK IT OUT NEW LADDER MAPS  (Read 12468 times)

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
CHECK IT OUT NEW LADDER MAPS
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:44:15 AM »
theres 20 new ladder maps that now count towards your rankings check them outttttt
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4442.msg71297.html#msg71297

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: CHECK IT OUT NEW LADDER MAPS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 03:12:02 AM »
oh cool! what is the procedure for making maps count towards the ladder btw? i know babyshark got those 2 maps added but i'm still fuzzy on how it's done, are the puds themselves modded in some way?
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »
They have to have an identifier changed that makes them shown as "blizzard" maps... not sure how it's done.

What are the maps, Qanon?

Maybe run them by the community before unilaterally sneaking them into the ladder map pool

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:55:35 AM »
well u don't got to play em if u don't want to .. nothing wrong wit having more options

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »
and I left a link for the maps there to the forum post an the forum post has a zip download link.. and in the zip each map comes with a bmp of it an pudbrowser so people can see the maps legit with gold/wood stuff like that.. there just new forms of ladder type maps nothin special nothin crazy... jus some of the more popular puds I made

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »
Wtf i made topic long time ago how to make ladder/blizzard map

Are u blind?
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:26:54 PM »
and I left a link for the maps there to the forum post an the forum post has a zip download link.. and in the zip each map comes with a bmp of it an pudbrowser so people can see the maps legit with gold/wood stuff like that.. there just new forms of ladder type maps nothin special nothin crazy... jus some of the more popular puds I made
I didn't download it because it was on an annoying looking download site haha.  But I'll download it now.

However, we intentionally designed the ladder to have it count only Blizzard maps because those are maps of a certain type (BNE style) and they are known.  We didn't want maps Jordan made after fingering his anus to count. 

When you tamper with your map metadata to "trick" the ladder, you're bypassing our design.  I'm not saying your maps aren't good or that we would never want some extra maps in the pool.  That could be fine... but just adding 20 at once without checking is taking it a bit far, you know?

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
ya I guess that makes sense

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
well can we get divide and conquer added .. I think that's most played out of all of then combined

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
I didn't download it because it was on an annoying looking download site haha.  But I'll download it now.

However, we intentionally designed the ladder to have it count only Blizzard maps because those are maps of a certain type (BNE style) and they are known.  We didn't want maps Jordan made after fingering his anus to count. 

When you tamper with your map metadata to "trick" the ladder, you're bypassing our design.  I'm not saying your maps aren't good or that we would never want some extra maps in the pool.  That could be fine... but just adding 20 at once without checking is taking it a bit far, you know?

yaaaa I had to use a upload site it was like 2 megabytes to big to upload here

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »
I could prolly name like 20 trash bne maps on the ladder list that don't get played tho or half of them are not even playable I don't even think they knew how this game would turn out when they made these maps .. tho they all do take different stratagies the maps I make are more based off a gow game play .. even if its water or what not.. its pretty llegit

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »
lolololololo that lion king vid mDE ME chuckle lol

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
u an j essu were getting married? lolol

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
i do like the initiative to add new maps to the ladder if they're getting played enough, seems like all that's needed is a quick once over to make sure any candidate isn't a complete dog shit map :D strata has made a ton of nice looking maps & spend a lot of time active on the server playing them, i support giving them some recognition on the ladder!

Wtf i made topic long time ago how to make ladder/blizzard map

Are u blind?
no i just didn't see it omg
squeak!

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
lol XD