Author Topic: New American Server Opening TONIGHT Sept. 24, 10 pm EST!!  (Read 4286 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
New American Server Opening TONIGHT Sept. 24, 10 pm EST!!
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:33:52 AM »

Join the growing new non-toxic Discord!

https://discord.gg/yCgMzB5

Check out the new American server website!

http://war2usa.com/index.php/mission-statement/

The fast and easy link to download the new server is found in the Discord server.

Join us Monday Sept. 24th, 10 PM EST for fun times playing the best video game in the world!!

**Frequently Asked Question** Why a new server??

1. More people leave RU for toxicity than for any other reason.

The new server will be non-toxic.

2. New players are banned, insulted, rejected. Growth is impossible.

The new server will welcome new players, making growth possible.

3. Unjust muting/banning of innocent players

In the new server, justice will be carried out fairly and openly in compliance with the Code of Conduct (can be seen here: http://war2usa.com/index.php/code-of-conduct/).

4. Toxic players are tolerated and even supported and not disciplined, and indeed little to no standard for behavior is present. Racist comments, sexual harassment, persistent vulgar hate spamming of targeted players, death threats, etc. are all the norm.

The new server will discipline those who act contrary to the Code of Conduct without favoritism shown for higher skill level players. User who openly attack the community, or behave in toxic ways will be removed. Community leaders will be held to the same Code of Conduct within the American, non-toxic Discord, server, and forum.

5. The current server is based in Russia and its owner is frequently absent/unavailable. There are no updates. Passwords have been leaked before. Tupac has fixed security holes many times.

The new server is based in America and is updated to current standards and is more secure. The owner is present and available for help.

Come and see for yourself the new and improved, better place to play the best video game ever made!! :)

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: New American Server Opening TONIGHT Sept. 24, 10 pm EST!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:46:45 AM »
– harassing other members by private or public messaging
– obscene, vulgar comments
so if i tower someone and the tower finishes and starts killing all their peons and theyre like "ahh fuck you bitch"
and i send back "stfy asshole" and "lol owned"

Is that against the rules
Anyway good luck.  Enforcement will be tricky and you might be working from a small userbase to start with, but hell who knows, maybe you'll get more newbies signing up  :thumbsup:

Offline Droid

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
Come on guys we don't need a new server, old one is pretty good. Let's not split up!

What's wrong with our old community and why is it "brand new"?
We've got quite positive atmosphere here.
For example, Van is a very positive guy, but I have the feeling you may call him "toxic".
There will be no fun without people like him. All you need is a little bit of a sense of humor to tolerate so called "toxic" people.

New players are always welcome, we teach them, and ban only laggers, but I can talk about CHOP community, don't know about GOW.

By the way, I've heard that the "old" server itself located in New-York.

I've also heard that 2Pac tried to hack our server from heaven, or hell, dunno where dead thugz are. Don't do that, rest in peace, brother, I like your songs. THUG LIFE.

:critter: Let's unite and not split up!

Offline Droid

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »
Communists tried to build brand new, secure, non-toxic society back in 1917.

1. More people leave Russian Empire for toxicity than for any other reason.
The brand new USSR will be non-toxic.

2. New proletariat are banned, insulted, rejected. Growth is impossible.
The brand new USSR will welcome new citizens, making growth possible.

3. Unjust muting/banning of innocent citizens.
In the USSR, justice will be carried out fairly and openly in compliance with the new Soviet Constitution (can be seen here: https://bit.ly/2QVlhuf).

4. Nobility and the bourgeoisie are tolerated and even supported and not disciplined.
The USSR will discipline those who act counterrevolutionary.

5. The current Empire is based in Russia, Poland, Finland, Central Asia and its owner, the Emperor, is frequently absent/unavailable. There are no updates.
The USSR is based only in Russia and is updated to modern standards and is more small and secure. The owner, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin is present and available for help.

Come and see for yourself the USSR, better place to live, the best country ever existed!

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
– harassing other members by private or public messaging
– obscene, vulgar comments
so if i tower someone and the tower finishes and starts killing all their peons and theyre like "ahh fuck you bitch"
and i send back "stfy asshole" and "lol owned"

Is that against the rules
Anyway good luck.  Enforcement will be tricky and you might be working from a small userbase to start with, but hell who knows, maybe you'll get more newbies signing up  :thumbsup:

You are vile and toxic!

Offline aLfReD

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:09 AM »
FINALLY!

this is not just any server, but this is an AMERICAN SERVER!

weekly tournaments?! never forget http://twitter.com/war2custom

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 06:45:39 AM »
..iI've also heard that 2Pac tried to hack our server from heaven, or hell, dunno where dead thugz are. Don't do that, rest in peace, brother, I like your songs. THUG LIFE.

:critter: Let's unite and not split up!

shed so many tears  :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 07:09:31 AM »
... :critter: Let's unite and not split up!

it's not going to split anything. a possibility would be two servers running, but the most likely consequence of that is eventually the player base will merge/equalise back to one server, where it would be a more convenient place to find games. it's as simple as that.

the universe is amazing like that. ever tried staying in the long lane in peak-hour traffic? nup. doesn't happen. you want to merge to the fastest moving lane to get home/to work out of selfishness and convenience. you may think you're being smart cutting that guy off, but actually it's the universe's way of being a boss @ micromanaging peasants, on a macro scale to get shit done in an efficient manner.

Loren Carpenter's PONG Experiment

Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 10:16:20 AM »
it's not going to split anything. a possibility would be two servers running, but the most likely consequence of that is eventually the player base will merge/equalise back to one server, where it would be a more convenient place to find games. it's as simple as that.
my thinking as well, as long as the moderation at the new one doesn't infringe too much on people's ability to trash talk amongst themselves in games or private channels or whatnot. if it does i think we'd see two separate groups form: the vets staying put @ ru where they can continue to play like always, and (hopefully) a population of new players building at the new server over time
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »
I think the most likely possibility is that server has babyshark and a few friends, and if successful, is able to recruit and keep some newbies.  I think that's what tupac described too.  They might drive people off with banning people for using swear words or something but on the other hand they might be able to retain more newbies once flaming people for being bad at the game is banned, and since the starting userbase is friendly to noobs.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
is able to recruit and keep some newbies.well worst noone comes and the war is over..  we can always start lan parties ..roast some hotdogs out in the fall air(fall is here almost!!) pop a beer and  least ill tell you why humans was always better.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »
Make War2 great again!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 03:03:22 AM »
Make War2 great again!
With u? Only Chance if we make Alliance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience