Author Topic: I need help with my software project  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
I need help with my software project
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:14:34 AM »
The project is in Java, compiled it in NetBeans, with DB Browser for SQLite. It is a Bank Management System. I tried submit it to my lecturer, but she said the project do not have enough functions. What kind of functions should I add more to the project? The software could deposit, withdraw, accounts, etc.

Note: In order to install NetBeans, you need JDK installed in your computer.

If you like to run the application of the project, you can browse to my file attached here, and go through the dist folder, and open the JAR file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/din0tajuu6n630f/Bank_Management_System.zip/file

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with my software project
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 02:32:27 AM »
The project is in Java, compiled it in NetBeans, with DB Browser for SQLite. It is a Bank Management System. I tried submit it to my lecturer, but she said the project do not have enough functions. What kind of functions should I add more to the project? The software could deposit, withdraw, accounts, etc.

Note: In order to install NetBeans, you need JDK installed in your computer.

If you like to run the application of the project, you can browse to my file attached here, and go through the dist folder, and open the JAR file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/din0tajuu6n630f/Bank_Management_System.zip/file

IDK ... hmm.... ideas ....

Can it handle multiple accounts?
Can you transfer between accounts?

This type of software usually requires a 2 or 3 (or more) tier audit trail .... i.e. additional sets of records that verify the values in the accounts.

i.e. an "account" DB might be keyed by an account number and have a list of amounts in and out which can the provide a balance at any point, but to be verifiable there should also be a seperate "transactions" DB that contains a list of times/dates/amounts from acount #X into account #Y which should always be consistant with all of the account "account" DBs/files. This is basically the same information arranged in a different way, but as banking account databases are typically being accessed from constantly and concurrantly from multiple locations, this makes it far more difficult for a single source to tamper with an individual account as the backdated transactions must also be inserted into the tractions database, while it is still in live use by multiple other sources, and also subject to its own auditing from additional tiers.

Does it have GUIs for searching transactions between specific dates &/or amounts?
i.e. "all deposits over $50 between date1 and date2"

Is there support for different currencies and varying exchange rates between them?
Ideally linking to an online database of current exchange rates might get you some extra credit.

The collection of information such as "Nationality" and "Caste" seems irrellevant and pretty much offensive lol.
Much more relevant is the state/country the account is held in as the local regulations will have direct impact on what kind of transactions are legal.

... and if you really want to make this thing real life applicable the main thing it is missing is the thievery.
All banks are first and foremost about making money. Different interest rates, fees, charges, delays etc. If you get creative enough with this stuff and you won't need extra credit because some bank will offer you a job, straight up! lol.

IDK what your lecturer is looking for but I hope this gives you some ideas.

HF!

:critter:
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
thats cool man! got netbeans 10.0...it looks pretty good to me.

move security answer under security question.

maybe a marital status
/how many kids / dogs/cats

troll shit---
have u ever considered robbing a bank - yes no
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:16:31 PM by easycompany »

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:46:17 AM »
I added currency exchange to the application though. I need another or two more functions, then maybe the function of the application might be complete to set it as a complete application. For now the application can:

1) Add account
2) Edit profile
3) Deposit
4) Transfer
5) Withdraw
6) See Customer Lists and View Transactions
7) View Balance
8 Change PIN
9) Currency Exchange