War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

War2 fonts (.fnt) 908  33

Ogre Posts: 1161 Karma: +76/-0 *******

Lambchops

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: War2 fonts (.fnt)
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:10 AM »
Also, i added a function to make a shadow (color 5) for letter, applied it to russian letters with no shadows, and looks like that's done for me.
I got 5 beautiful russian fonts as planned

Very cool :) I had fun collaborating on that. Happy to help next time you are doing something - let me know   :critter:

--- --- ---

I think the next thing we need to think about is switching fonts actively in-game.

It is good that the Russian players will have a font that they can use to chat in Russian with ... but I think (not sure?) this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.

I think you would also want to see if an english player says "hit s5 now" ....or even asking what teams: if someone says "me/bro/thumb vs" and you see "K#/^C+/!*#xW x$" that is not helpful... or maybe you can translate into English characters in your head? idk..

Also for hosting etc., won't you see the English map names as scrambled Russian characters? ... like "Garden of War.pud" will be "#%w^!& z@ X#<.=M&" or something?

So I think we need a method of switching fonts, so players using other languages can push a key and see the English when they want to. Probably be best to have it set to display English in the create game screen etc?

It is great that players can use other languages, but I would hate to see this split up the community because when people are using a Russian font they CAN'T also read or write English ???

I'm not sure exactly how much of a problem this would be because I don't understand Russian, but it is worth thinking about.

--- --- ---

also thanks for the info in your PM - I have a day off work tomorrow I will look at it then  :thumbsup:

Administrator Ogre Posts: 1276 Karma: +119/-9 *****

iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre
    • View Profile

iL

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 04:08:09 AM »
this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.
English characters are all in the 1-st half of ASCII-table, 0-128. Russian characters are in the 2-nd half: 128-255.
So, no intersection here at all.
English is the main part for all the charsets in the world.

The problem can be related to other non-english languages (using russian font you will not be able to see some specific characters on other languages, maybe french, german, spanish, etc). I don't know other languages except english and russian, so i don't know how other languages looks like with russian charset.
What i saw: when someone hosts one or several map called "...Archers..." - i can see 1-2 russian characters instead of original. I think map name contains some specific symbols like A^ or A' or A` or w/e. That is the only problem i got with russian font instead of original.
Ogre Posts: 1161 Karma: +76/-0 *******

Lambchops

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 05:17:15 AM »
this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.
English characters are all in the 1-st half of ASCII-table, 0-128. Russian characters are in the 2-nd half: 128-255.
So, no intersection here at all.
English is the main part for all the charsets in the world.

Oh good :) I wasn't sure about that (hopelessly monolingual here lol).

Peon Posts: 7 Karma: +0/-0 **

Storycraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
Hello, Lambchops. I used the file you uploaded. But there is no response(font6.fnt / font10.fnt / font12.fnt / font32.fnt / font50.fnt) And another War2FontTool.exe(http://en.war2.ru/downloads/ ) in this section is also unresponsive.
Can you help me? I will make a Korean translation. Please send me the extracted bmp files. I will return it after editing.

Thank you!