Author Topic: War2 fonts (.fnt)  (Read 17673 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2 fonts (.fnt)
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:10 AM »
Also, i added a function to make a shadow (color 5) for letter, applied it to russian letters with no shadows, and looks like that's done for me.
I got 5 beautiful russian fonts as planned

Very cool :) I had fun collaborating on that. Happy to help next time you are doing something - let me know   :critter:

--- --- ---

I think the next thing we need to think about is switching fonts actively in-game.

It is good that the Russian players will have a font that they can use to chat in Russian with ... but I think (not sure?) this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.

I think you would also want to see if an english player says "hit s5 now" ....or even asking what teams: if someone says "me/bro/thumb vs" and you see "K#/^C+/!*#xW x$" that is not helpful... or maybe you can translate into English characters in your head? idk..

Also for hosting etc., won't you see the English map names as scrambled Russian characters? ... like "Garden of War.pud" will be "#%w^!& z@ X#<.=M&" or something?

So I think we need a method of switching fonts, so players using other languages can push a key and see the English when they want to. Probably be best to have it set to display English in the create game screen etc?

It is great that players can use other languages, but I would hate to see this split up the community because when people are using a Russian font they CAN'T also read or write English ???

I'm not sure exactly how much of a problem this would be because I don't understand Russian, but it is worth thinking about.

--- --- ---

also thanks for the info in your PM - I have a day off work tomorrow I will look at it then  :thumbsup:

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 04:08:09 AM »
this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.
English characters are all in the 1-st half of ASCII-table, 0-128. Russian characters are in the 2-nd half: 128-255.
So, no intersection here at all.
English is the main part for all the charsets in the world.

The problem can be related to other non-english languages (using russian font you will not be able to see some specific characters on other languages, maybe french, german, spanish, etc). I don't know other languages except english and russian, so i don't know how other languages looks like with russian charset.
What i saw: when someone hosts one or several map called "...Archers..." - i can see 1-2 russian characters instead of original. I think map name contains some specific symbols like A^ or A' or A` or w/e. That is the only problem i got with russian font instead of original.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:14:52 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 05:17:15 AM »
this will then scramble any English chat if they are using that font, ya? So then Russian players who have some English will not be able to see English chat properly.
English characters are all in the 1-st half of ASCII-table, 0-128. Russian characters are in the 2-nd half: 128-255.
So, no intersection here at all.
English is the main part for all the charsets in the world.

Oh good :) I wasn't sure about that (hopelessly monolingual here lol).

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Storycraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
Hello, Lambchops. I used the file you uploaded. But there is no response(font6.fnt / font10.fnt / font12.fnt / font32.fnt / font50.fnt) And another War2FontTool.exe(http://en.war2.ru/downloads/ ) in this section is also unresponsive.
Can you help me? I will make a Korean translation. Please send me the extracted bmp files. I will return it after editing.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:30:57 PM by Storycraft »
(Русский) Warcraft III Reforged Stratholme cutscenes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyglKS9J2Fw

Warcraft 2 campaign in Warcraft 3 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mRBcSMjn3no/VL5KZvmMjwI/AAAAAAAADE4/PQPxJB_lRnk/s1600/0.png

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 06:53:38 PM »
Is it me or the War2FontTool don't convert anything. I try dragging .fnt files into it, and nothing happen. Okay, it works, I don't know if Japanese keyboard is possible for this font.

i think its yellow if ur orc/white if human..be cool if u could get a font to put in..looks like forever to draw them.

03 is a grey on human, so its probably a shade of beige orc etc

this is all im gonna be doing to mine a chr and a black background   ..fancy looks like it take awhile

lol tried a rus char ..about as good as i can do for that one :D

3 is the number "3"  i can look at "4" and its smaller size to make it so its not really using a 6x10 grid

"0A-0D" there should be one of these in every char somewhere.... i say is making bits move i can do ff and it will split the char in half so something reads here ..but if its black or white it wont matter ...it will then display as to what u have drawn.

and these big symbols with lots of stuff going on looks impossible for the size limit..it would need something that is bigger to draw them.

What software is that to edit the characters?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:14:51 PM by Muz »

Offline Storycraft

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2020, 05:22:26 AM »
Do you need assistance? :) The key file is  "art/font12x.fnt" (o) not "font/font12.fnt" (x)

art/font10x.fnt
art/font12x.fnt
art/font32.fnt
art/font50.fnt

How to display 2 byte characters is, as yet, unknown.
You can use 128 letters(second part of the ASCII code), except for Chinese characters, it is not enough to use only Hiragana and Katakana.
Do you have any alternative ideas?

I succeeded in Korean translation. war1, war2bne, sc1, sc2 mass recall(fan remake).  I am also interested in Japanese translation.
(Русский) Warcraft III Reforged Stratholme cutscenes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyglKS9J2Fw

Warcraft 2 campaign in Warcraft 3 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mRBcSMjn3no/VL5KZvmMjwI/AAAAAAAADE4/PQPxJB_lRnk/s1600/0.png

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
Can I see your Korean translation, Storycraft?

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2020, 12:36:50 AM »
im shure storykraft has got  a working version