Author Topic: War2Combat becomes multilingual: French,German,Italian,Polish,Russian,Spanish  (Read 23071 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2Combat becomes multilingual. Added installers on: Russian, German, French and Spanish languages.

- Also, War2Combat since this version have 3 sizes: standard version, lite version and full version.
    Standard version:
    - default (for combat) map pack included,
    - campaigns,
    - all the sounds for all units,
    - all the textures,
    - map editor,
    - additional utilities for network gaming: War2Insight, Warvideo, War2Observe.

Full version contains the same and also includes:
    - sounds for campaign briefings,
    - movies,
    - music.

Lite version is similar with standard except:
    - all the additional programs except War2PLoader, to play on the server and ddraw fixes for Windows 8/10 compatibility
    - map editor,
    - campaigns,
    - unused or rarely-used textures,
    - units annoy voices and heroes voices,
    - only the most popular maps kept,
    - lossy compression for sounds to minimize their size in the installer. Though, as for me, sounds are similar to original. Standard and full versions use lossless packing, similar to original game.

So: lite version is based on War2Combat 3.03. Standard is next version after 4.2. And full one is the same as standard with sounds-music-videos added to install.exe

So, there are 15 different installers you can download for version 4.3 here:
http://en.war2.ru/downloads/
Or direct link to ftp: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:02:32 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2Combat becomes multilingual
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
Also need help from community:

1. if you want to add war2combat on your language - please, send me the original CD image.
Official image as .ISO is preferred.
If there's no official one, send me what you have.

2. Need help to translate the installer.
There's about 5000 symbols of custom messages in english. Need to translate that messages to each language listed.

3. Need help with partial war2 resources translation.
the biggest problem for every war2: German, French and Spanish have native (non-english) hotkeys. As i understand, that's not good for network players who always use english hotkeys.
The solution is a checkbox "english hotkeys" in the installer, but you will see all the units/actions/buildings names in english also. So, war2 becomes half/english. Not good.
Need someone for each language who can keep native names, but change all the hotkeys to english.

4. need to check every language build carefully, to fix errors.

I can speak english and russian, i don't know other languages at all.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
Awesome!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:33:11 AM »
Added Italian version.
Looks like there are 5 official versions at all for Warcraft II BNE:
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian.
And now combat contains all of them and also unofficial Russian version.
Let me know if you have another language.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: War2Combat becomes multilingual: French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
Thank You IL!!!!

I’ll be sure to let our International players all know about the updates.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »
https://noktis.pl/spolszczenie-do-warcraft-2

polish
Thanks!
Looking into it:
installed into new folder, it made only a big War2Dat.mpq (137Mb) and 2 readme files.
Should it be installed onto original version?

Anyway, looks like everything required is present here.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:28:16 PM »
https://noktis.pl/spolszczenie-do-warcraft-2

polish

Thanks!
Looking into it:
installed into new folder, it made only a big War2Dat.mpq (137Mb) and 2 readme files.
Should it be installed onto original version?

Anyway, looks like everything required is present here.

as i remember u got 2 options, polish words with eng voice, polish words with polish voice
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:30:43 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »
as i remember u got 2 options, polish words with eng voice, polish words with voice
Yes, i mean, you should install it into existing war2 with different language.
And it looks great! Some art is translated, not like in official localizations.
Also, hotkeys are original, english, not need to rewrite anything.
Also good news: it's compatible with version 2.02, not 2.0.2.1, so +2 dialogs are fine there.

Well, Polish versions are ready, you can download them: lite, standard and full from downloads.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:07:54 PM by iL »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
This and new combat fix for windows 8-10 will be huge for retaining and growing the existing community of players.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Thanks iL  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
I'm a native spanish speaker! So i can help with any translation you require. Just send me a PM if needed! 8)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
I'm a native spanish speaker! So i can help with any translation you require. Just send me a PM if needed! 8)
Nice!
Need 2 things to make it perfect:
1. To translate combat installer into spanish:
i can send you (or share it here) simple text looks like 60 strings:
string_name=string text in english
Your part is to make string:
string_name=string text in spanish
with the same name for every string.

I think to share it here, no reason to keep that secret.

2. do you use hotkeys while playing war2? Do you use english or spanish hotkeys? I'm sure you use english if you do.
Need to edit stat_txt.tbl resource. For example, "pTRAIN PEASANT" in english uses a hotkey 'p', but use different hotkey on spanish (c<1>ENTRENAR <4>C<1>AMPESINO<0>, right?). Need to make it similar to english. Also, need to highlight the letter "P" like: "p<1>ENTRENAR CAM<4>P<1>ESINO<0>" message to let people know they need to use "p". If another message like"c<1>ENTRENAR <4>C<1>AMPESINO<0>" doesn't contain english hotkey in spanish as a part of message, you can change it to something like "p<1>ENTRENAR CAMPESINO<0> (<4>P<1>)", to highlight that "P".

That file is binary, so you have to use editor to change that messages. That is a big job.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:17:02 AM by iL »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Translating hotkeys:
Files should work on all windows since probably 95, just tried on win7 - also work fine.

winmpq: to extract files from .mpq-archives. And after editing that files - to pack them back into .mpq
After first start the program you should click options - file lists - and there add file list called "Warcraft II BNE.txt". Otherwise you will not see filenames in mpq-archive.

Tblpad: to edit .pad-files extracted from archive.

If it will require VB40032.DLL - use it from winmpq archive.

To fix hotkeys you need to extract the file rez\stat_txt.tbl from your spanish War2Dat.mpq,
then edit it,
then pack it back, also adding prefix rez\
Then you should start warcraft and see your changed messages.

English language messages for combat installer:
Please, translate it to spanish. Translations to other languages would be also great! I'll update installers as soon as somebody make such translations.
Another moment: that *_fdesc strings should be less than 256 symbols. Otherwise it breaks the installer. "%n" symbol means turn to next line (aka CR/LF, aka enter)
program_fdesc=Warcraft II build, based on version 2.0.2.0, 100% compatible with the original game.%nNetwork, Battle.net and single player game supported.%nNo CD included. Includes whole map pack and campaings.
program_lite_fdesc=Warcraft II build, based on version 2.0.2.0, reduced size, 100% compatible with the original game.%nNetwork, Battle.net and single player game supported.%nNo CD included. Includes small map pack, no campaign, removed some textures, annoy voices.
program_full_fdesc=Warcraft II build, based on version 2.0.2.0, 100% compatible with the original game.%nNetwork, Battle.net and single player game supported.%nNo CD included. Includes whole map pack and campaings, all the sounds, music and videos.
ddraw=DirectDraw
ddraw_fdesc=Since Vista, Windows shows the palette and chat in Warcraft II improperly.%nThis option tries to fix the problem, but it's still in testing stage.
ddrawtest2=test2
ddrawtest2_fdesc=ddraw test2%nThis option fixes the graphics, but reduces the performance. Works for any moderns Windows, since Vista.%nDeveloped by aqrit.
ddrawtest4=test4 (compatible)
ddrawtest4unavail=test4 (incompatible)
ddrawtest4_fdesc=ddraw test4%nThis option uses direct3d-pixel shaders, that improves the performance, but requires shader support by your videocard.%nYour computer should support shaders, otherwise use test2.%nDeveloped by aqrit.
newai=Violent comp on AIE
newai_fdesc=Violent computer intellect works on maps from "aie" directory only and will be standard on other maps. AI can "select" different strategies for different maps.%nDo not build walls playing with aie (comp is not so smart).%nDeveloped by Rotonda.
campaign=Warcraft II Campaign
campaign_fdesc=Enjoy 4 Warcraft II campaigns: Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal.
BlacktoPink=Black to Pink patch
BlacktoPink_fdesc=Changes Black to pink color for better visibility. Makes heroes textures in some campaigns "broken" a little.
addgate=gateways
addgate_fdesc=Allows you to play on free russian servers: server.war2.ru, backup.war2.ru (while server is down) and mousetopher's servers.
addgate_notrequired=gateways (configured)
addgate_rewrite=Rewrite gateways
addgate_rewrite_fdesc=If you already have War2BNE/Starcraft gateways list, it will be overwritten.
addgate_append=Append gateways
addgate_append_fdesc=Append war2.ru servers to your previously configured server list.
war2ppatcher=War2Ppatcher 5.1
war2ppatcher_fdesc=Patcher by iL allows to fix some bugs/change some configuration in game. Starts with the game from bat-file that you can edit if you want. Patcher also could be started during the game to change some features.%nRead more in readme.
war2ploader=War2PLoader
war2ploader_fdesc=Loader by il, starts game fixing some bugs.%nSupports UPNP also. Autoupdate from war2.ru
incomingport=Incoming port
incomingport_fdesc=To play from several computers on the same network or not.%nDefault port is recommended if you don't plan to play from more than 1 computer
defaultport=Default port
defaultport_fdesc=Use this default port if you have no more than 1 computer to play in your network. Otherwise you can have problems while configuration your system
randomport=Random port
randomport_fdesc=Required if you need to play using several computers via one external gateway. Then you should also cofigure your router or use UPNP.%nSelect this for 2-nd, 3-rd, and more computers.%nYou should also configire the port forwarding or use UPNP then.
mapeditor=Map editor
mapeditor_fdesc=Warcraft II Map Editor, separated from the full version of the game.
utils=Other programs
utils_fdesc=War2Insight - to view and record .wir-relpays%nWarvideo - to record .dk2-video from game and view it.%nWar2Observe - shows players' parameters and resources to observer, and APM in game to the player.%nGateway editor - edit your gateways for the game.
bom2click=Bom to click
bom2click_fdesc=Replace loud, probably annoying "bom" to "click" sound in BNE menu navigation
hotkeys_en=Hotkeys to english
hotkeys_en_fdesc=Replace the War2Combat language hotkeys to english.

website=http://server.war2.ru/
ActivatedWar2Combat=Activated War2Combat
War2CombatNoCdOnly=War2Combat without patches
War2CombatLoader=War2Combat loader
war2mapeditor=War2Combat Map Editor
war2mapeditorCom=start map editor
war2utils=Other programs for War2
bom2click=Bom to click
war2utilsCom=Other useful utilities for Warcraft II
War2CombatNoCdOnlyCom=start game, no CD required
War2CombatLoaderCom=start game using War2PLoader by il
ActivatedWar2CombatCom=start game and War2Ppatcher by il
war2ppatcherCom=allows you to switch on/off some useful features in game
PackingToMPQ=Packing data to MPQ archive...
AddingFirewallRules=Adding firewall rules...
desc_header=Description
mouseover_desc=Position your mouse over a component to see its description.

liteSuffixDesc=lite
fullSuffixDesc=full
langDescrEn=english version
langDescrRu=russian version
langDescrFr=french version
langDescrGe=german version
langDescrSp=spanish version
langDescrIt=italian version
langDescrPo=polish version
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:13:18 AM by iL »

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
Nice!
Need 2 things to make it perfect:
1. To translate combat installer into spanish:
i can send you (or share it here) simple text looks like 60 strings:
string_name=string text in english
Your part is to make string:
string_name=string text in spanish
with the same name for every string.

I think to share it here, no reason to keep that secret.

OK!! No problem! Will work with this first, to mantain tasks order.

2. do you use hotkeys while playing war2? Do you use english or spanish hotkeys? I'm sure you use english if you do.
Need to edit stat_txt.tbl resource. For example, "pTRAIN PEASANT" in english uses a hotkey 'p', but use different hotkey on spanish (c<1>ENTRENAR <4>C<1>AMPESINO<0>, right?). Need to make it similar to english. Also, need to highlight the letter "P" like: "p<1>ENTRENAR CAM<4>P<1>ESINO<0>" message to let people know they need to use "p". If another message like"c<1>ENTRENAR <4>C<1>AMPESINO<0>" doesn't contain english hotkey in spanish as a part of message, you can change it to something like "p<1>ENTRENAR CAMPESINO<0> (<4>P<1>)", to highlight that "P".

That file is binary, so you have to use editor to change that messages. That is a big job.

Yes! I do use hotkeys, in English and Spanish :) I underestand the job! Will do this after the first traslation ;)

All work will be post here!