Author Topic: Windowed Mode Problem - HELP!  (Read 2315 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Windowed Mode Problem - HELP!
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:08:36 PM »
I have a new laptop and tried downloading war2. I've reinstalled it several times selecting different settings and editing properties to normal window etc. It's still in windowed mode and in the top left of my screen. It's easy to click off the screen and incredibly difficult to play. Any suggestions?
I love this game!

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Windowed Mode Problem - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
I would just quit war2 if I were you.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »
WTH bara lol

Dont listen to that troll lmao
To avoid them trolls I would rather ask for help in the support section or in the discord channel: http://en.war2.ru/discord :-)

Yes we had that issue before the new ddraw patch does that you want to get the previous one:
ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/ddraw3/ddraw.dll

Hopefully that fixes it :-)
You want to replace the ddraw.dll file you have in your game folder by this one it should fix the problem.
Though that version of the ddraw patch does not have a window mode.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:06:44 PM by Cel »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 11:58:02 PM »
alt + enter to go full screen..well if it can ,if it doesnt idk.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:55:41 AM »
The newest ddraw patch actually fakes a fullscreen when you do alt + enter it becomes a borderless window the size of your screen.

The problem being if you have two screens your mouse is not restrained to the game window and you can still click outside that window which will have the same result as alt tabbing.

That is why for me at least and people in that situation I recommend using the older version of the ddraw patch.
That actually does not have a window mode :P

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 12:54:23 PM »
alt + enter has no effect and does not alter the windowed mode. The windowed mode is stuck in the top left screen and i cant even move it around with the mouse.

I am unsure how to change the ddraw, i'm an extreme noob when it comes to adjusting properties and folders of applications and games. I am on the discord server in General Chat if anyone is available to help please!
I love this game!

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
Replacing the ddraw file, messing around with resolution and scaling did not work either. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Mousey provided me with a ddraw file that allows me to enter full mode but it distorts the features and is relatively zoomed in, making optimal play not an option. This laptop is relatively old, Windows 8 Intel, so I think the best solution will be to get a new laptop soon. For now, it works but if anyone games with me expect rustiness and like 80% play at best <3
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:10:28 PM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!