Author Topic: Good or Evil?  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Good or Evil?
« on: February 03, 2019, 06:39:08 AM »

I was talking to Sepi about this yesterday, so I thought I'd post it here. There are crossovers with game theory and life in general.

If anyone here is into thinking and hasn't heard Radiolab I highly reccommend it, particularly the earlier stuff. It's been being produced since 2004. Here's a couple of episodes I was talking about.

The Good Show (Dec 14, 2010)    [MP3]

The Bad Show    (Jan 9, 2012)     [MP3]

They look at being "good" and "bad" and discuss the advantages/disadvantages.

Radiolab generally doesn't preach, push any particular agenda, or even draw any conclusions - they just present facts and research in an interesting and thought provoking way.

*PLEASE NOTE* - This is not in any way related to religion.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Evil?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »
You can only have actual good or evil if there's an actual lawmaker who dictates this.

Every human being has a concept of "should" and a concept of justice. There should be no "should" at all if we are random chemical events and simply particles in motion obeying the laws of physics...who made the laws of physics anyway? Hmm.

But you can see that people very quickly recognize a "they shouldn't do that to me" (whether it's steal my stuff or kill my dog or punch me in the face or lie about me...especially to my employer) even if they gladly do the same "shouldn'ts" to other people.

It is the nature of evil to do unto others what you *woudn't* have them do unto you.

It's the nature of evil to be interested only in one's own self, suffering, happiness, and indifferent or callous to the plight of other people.

The kind of person who would kick a person when they are down, like when Sepi saw I was already upset after being harassed for two years, then betrayed by my trusted friend, then attacked by all the bullies at ru and called a crybaby/liar/slut etc, that he asked me on forum for pictures of my breasts, he showed himself to be an evil pig. Kind of person who would microwave kittens for his entertainment.

It is the nature of evil to cause damage or pain to other people and rejoice in it.

So yes, evil reigns at ru.

And all it takes for evil to reign is for good men to do nothing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:39:17 AM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
You can only have actual good or evil if there's .........

There's 2x 1 hour discussions linked and you have replied with a buch of generic rhetoric unrelated to the material less that 2 hours after I posted it. If you're not interested in my thread that's ok, but please don't make assumptions simply based on the title.

-- edit --

Have a listen. Actually you will probably like the second one more than the first one, as the first one talks about Charles Darwin and evolution a bit, while the second one doesn't, and even mentions a bit of the Bible. Regardless i still reccommend listening to both of them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:48:42 AM by Lambchops »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »
I categorized your reply as "generic rhetoric" also and ignored everything you said.

Because you did.

DODGE

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
u can just scroll down and read the text and get it over in 15 secs :P

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 03:51:02 PM »
get it over in 15 secs

Why don't you listen to some instead of just watching 50 bad youtube clips tonight?

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 04:17:52 PM »
hey legend of zelda speed running isnt bad lol..ill give it a listen
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:24:57 PM by easycompany »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
hey legend of zelda speed running isnt bad lol..ill give it a listen

True, zelda rocks.

*49*  ;)  lol

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile