Author Topic: removed old/broken records from database  (Read 2374 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
removed old/broken records from database
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
So, many accounts have not been fully created, some account have been created, then joined only once and then abandoned,
That was 50% of the whole database.

Just removed all these records.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: removed old/broken records from database
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »
nice!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »
does this include the accounts that became broken after that recent database bug? i mean accounts that people were actively using but become impossible to log into because of that db bug (pw doesn't work, /finger says account doesn't exist, but can't recreate it because "account already exists"). several people have been asking about when these accounts might be fixed. ty for your work either way!
squeak!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:42:08 AM »
does this include the accounts that became broken after that recent database bug? i mean accounts that people were actively using but become impossible to log into because of that db bug (pw doesn't work, /finger says account doesn't exist, but can't recreate it because "account already exists"). several people have been asking about when these accounts might be fixed. ty for your work either way!
Hm...
That removed accounts that have not been used after created (at least the database contain such info).
Not sure how some actively using accounts can "became broken". I'd say such account should be fixed with the database on January 09.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:43:37 AM »

Hm...
That removed accounts that have not been used after created (at least the database contain such info).
Not sure how some actively using accounts can "became broken". I'd say such account should be fixed with the database on January 09.

oh okay nice, i tested with one of the accounts "TonyStark" which no longer exists & was able to recreate it this time, so it seems like it's the case. :thumbsup: I think it was all recently-created accounts that had that problem, can see on ladder.war2.ru that those accounts definitely did exist but became bugged somehow e.g. http://ladder.war2.ru/player.php?player=TonyStark
squeak!