Author Topic: Hidden secrets inside War2 versions  (Read 7569 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden secrets inside War2 versions
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »
I was digging around the Alpha version of War 2 when i realized this image was inside the Maindat.war  :))

It was a really nice find that confirms War2 uses the same engine as War1

Have you find something like this before?

Not really. It just means that image was in the mpq archive.

My guess is it was originally a placeholder before the war2 title screen was made or something like that.

I'm sure they built on the stuff that did for WC1, there may even be the odd routine here and there which is still the same, but I believe the WC2 engine was pretty much a ground up re-write. The SC1 engine was an expansion of the WC2 engine.

There's a SC1 mouse pointer in one of the war2bne files.

But an alpha version would be a very interesting thing to have a look at. Where did you get it?

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
http://www.blizzardarchive.com/pub/index.php?id=war2

i still dont think thats the .iso, i think it went.. war1-war2-sc"orcs in space" end of dos-war2bnet-sc1bnet-
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:27:24 AM by easycompany »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »
http://www.blizzardarchive.com/pub/index.php?id=war2

i still dont think thats the .iso, i think it went.. war1-war2-sc"orcs in space" end of dos-war2bnet-sc1bnet-

Wow!
Very interesting archive, deserves to download it totally.
I even didn't know there were so many different versions for so many different Blizzard games!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »
Thats the web where i found the Alpha version which contain the photo of the first post of this thread ;)

There is also the Shareware CD versiĆ³n (1.08ish), but its only a RIP, not the actual CD, the one we talked about in the other thread.

On the other hand, i managed to extract the 6 exclusive scenarios (PUDs) of the Shareware version :) and test them in War2Combat. They work perfectly!!

There are also 5 scenarios hidden in there, that apear to be testing puds, as you instantly died and can't run away from enemies.

I'm looking inside the other versions to find secret files! :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:04:13 PM by WarKid »