Author Topic: GOG.com  (Read 12494 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
GOG.com
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »
GOG just add "new game" diablo, maybe they will add also w2
https://www.gog.com/news/release_diablo

yeah blizzard confirm w1 and w2 will be release on gog.com,  maybe they will add something?

maybe @iL  should contact to them to add diffrent languages?? like unofficial polish? draws ? etc

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo3/22887361/diablo-now-available-on-gog-com

last question  :fro:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:37:39 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: GOG.com
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 01:54:02 PM »
Wow, that would be great! It also says GOG worked with Blizzard for some enhacements to the game, really nice if the do the same with War2 :thumbsup:

Wooooooowwwwwww

Q: Are other classic Blizzard games coming to GOG.COM?
A: Yes! We have announced that we’re partnering with GOG.COM to release Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II. We’ll reveal more information at a later date.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:58:59 PM by WarKid »

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »
Sounds cool!!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »
Yeah I saw that Q&A too! I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened  :).  This is going to be big guys! All you pro's better be practicing up and everyone is going to need to be prepared to stay in touch on here! Wonder where the gow regulars will go.. back to War2 Ladder Challenges ?

Now GOG needs to hire iL!

en.war2.ru could be transferred more into a fan page, with the tv.war2.ru for streamers, tournament news and crap. Guides and what not would still be useful.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:31:14 PM by XuRnT »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »
does this mean a server switch is likely?

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »
I bet there would be a couple thousand players there. The way they have held out on this for so long who knows maybe way more. I think the majority of .RU will fork over the $10 or w/e to play with more users.

Wonder if there will be moderation for hacks. This is classic battle net we are talking about. Curious about the hosting too.

I think fastest speed will probably be making a comeback 😃

-----

Someone should go and report how many are playing the classic diablo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:56:02 PM by XuRnT »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »
it'll definitely be worth checking out imo.. hopefully they bring on @iL and @mousEtopher if they're interested.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »
and blid for lawls

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
no no.. no sir. we've had enough lawls.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 08:06:45 PM »
wow i cant believe my eyes,yes they are 1,000s of people that like war2.

More Blizzard games are coming, too. Expect to see both Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and Warcraft 2 on GOG, with more details coming soon.   we will see :blank:

prob just the dos version with dosbox   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:09:02 PM by easycompany »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
"We were bummed that these iconic games weren’t available to our players, so we‘re very happy to work with the crew at GOG.com to rectify that,” said Rob Bridenbecker, Blizzard vice president and executive producer. “This has been a long time coming and we hope our players will be excited to jump back into these classic titles.”

Nice

--

"Q: Why are there two versions of the game?
A: Diablo is available in its original, unchanged Battle.net-compatible version as well as a GOG-enhanced version.

Q: What is different between the Battle.net and GOG-enhanced versions of the game?
 A: The original Battle.net version of the game is completely unchanged and allows players to connect to one another through Blizzard’s Battle.net online-gaming service.

The GOG-enhanced version offers several quality of life additions, including minor audio fixes, up-scaling support for resolution and refresh rate control, and compatibility fixes. Please note that this version cannot connect to Battle.net and only supports multiplayer via LAN and P2P connection."

That part worries me a bit. If it is like that for war2 I think anyone connecting to battle.net would have a screwed up screen.  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:18:54 PM by XuRnT »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »
maybe somekinda anti hack measure..using the p2p way is going to mean faster response times also maybe..like u can grab a peon on gold fastest easy..

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but this probably wont bring in any new players. I have never even heard of GOG, I doubt many of you have either, there will be no huge marketing campaign, the game will simply be put there for people to play, and they will, maybe play 2 or 3 games vs friends, and thatll be it.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 01:40:28 AM »
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but this probably wont bring in any new players. I have never even heard of GOG, I doubt many of you have either, there will be no huge marketing campaign, the game will simply be put there for people to play, and they will, maybe play 2 or 3 games vs friends, and thatll be it.
Yes it can be but look almost 14k ppl want remake w1 w2 w3 on gog web
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games
Its more about how many server will be, if like old time, Europe, Asia, East, west we should make adv about ru server
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 05:45:29 AM »

Really though GOG is just the distributor it is Blizzard allowing a digital download. A crap ton of gaming websites are already posting the news about this.. But ya if its not compatible with new windows then idk if it will go anywhere.

There has always been a big interest in war2 it is just about getting that many people online at the same time.. If the hype train is big enough and it does connect fine I could see a explosion of players. The first year or so especially. I just don't think .RU would be able to keep a community if it is released and working fine. The reason we migrated away to begin with was because the game quit being supported and sold in stores. The only way to get a copy of war2 was through ebay and this was 2006. Surprised it has taken them this long to do something.

Also if Blizzard is allowing GOG to distribute the game now for $$ then things might get messy for .RU allowing a free download.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:07:30 AM by XuRnT »