Author Topic: GOG at perfect timing  (Read 32771 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
GOG at perfect timing
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:19:25 AM »
Man I hate to ssay it but the server seems to have finally taken the worst collapse. Barely anyone on War2BNE channel and dwindiling games. Seems like this GOG.com releasing war2 is coming at the perfect time because I don't think the server would last that long without it.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: GOG at perfect timing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:22:35 AM »
I don't think we should consider that some project like GOG will come and help our community.
We need to do something ourselves.

Yes, maybe GOG will help to invite somebody else, also maybe they will try to split our community.

Last unpopular activity happened here, is we lost babyshark and maybe several more active people. At least they leaved and maybe took several move players away. Even 2-3 active players is a loss for our not big community.
Unfortunately i've been very busy to take active place in that situation, i also don't speak english so good to read tons of pages to make something with such situations, but we loose people.
At least, look at top-10 posters on this forum:
most of them are eighter banned/hate us/went away, or our admins, or don't care of war2 questions at all.
I don't know if we could do something to keep them to stay here or we want to do that, but that is what happens with out community: active people just goes away from time to time, and new people are not appear here.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:50:14 AM »
I think maybe people have just quit playing knowing that it is going to be released there soon.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »
I just think most people have busy lives and children and things now. Theres still heaps of games every day to play. And I think alot of the people you think may have quit probably smurf now and then.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
I don't think babyshark took any active members with her, no one liked her.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »
I think maybe people have just quit playing knowing that it is going to be released there soon.
Maybe you right, who knows. At the same time i don't think GOG release will be better than current war2combat release. At least if they will make it similar to diablo release.

Maybe you right, but even 1 active player is a loss for our community.
The same way we lost Equinox years before, some other ways we lost several more people.
I don't mean that's our fault, we just loose active players and that's sad for community.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 02:50:55 PM »
What is gog and how will it kill combat?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:19:27 PM »
GOG will be an officially legal war2 with ddraw.dll and other fixes for old games adatped to modern computers. They buy right to sell war2 from blizzard.
Looks like they will use their own pvpgn-server for war2-players.
Not sure if they will be happy to see concurrents like us.
Not sure what they can do with blizzard support against us.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »
W2 will cost 10$, thats isnt problem for person which work
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 04:31:00 PM »
I do log on the server every day, it’s no slower than it was a year ago.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »
server took a huge hit in last 2-3 weeks. i think its weather related.

feels like we have been on the back-up server last 2-3 weeks.. not the main server.

I'm really hoping something re-energizes this game. idc what it is. if its .ru, so be it. if its GOG.. so be it.

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »
Any clue when will GOG release WAR2??  ???

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 03:34:48 AM »
Looks like they will use their own pvpgn-server for war2-players.

Pretty sure we can own that server.

If we do end up playing on it, I think we need to make a clan for all the oldskool ru players, just so all the gog newbs have something to fear ;)

]RoK[RuOldsKool or something... thoughts?

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 03:56:14 AM »

LOL... actually there's a number of people who still play with BS on the usa server. I try to get over there one day a week, we usually play 2s or 3s, but occasionally 4s. They are mosty RU players.

So there's at least 7 people who are willing to go to the other server to play with her.

Are there 7 of you pissant haters left?

Pretty sure there are more people that like her than don't. Yes your little school-kid group bullying session was a major contributing factor to the current decline.

The other effect it had was I think a few people were just ashamed to be associated with such a juvenile purile group and thought OMG what am I doing with my life?

I seriously doubt you've had 7 friends in your entire life SG.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 05:11:40 AM »
LOL... actually there's a number of people who still play with BS on the usa server. I try to get over there one day a week, we usually play 2s or 3s, but occasionally 4s. They are mosty RU players.

So there's at least 7 people who are willing to go to the other server to play with her.

Are there 7 of you pissant haters left?
So, that's even worse.
We got splitting the community.
And ideas why they play there? They hate our ru admins or w/e?

That's sad, BabyShark pm'ed me about problems on ru server, like some conflict with current admin team or w/e, but i've been too busy IRL to make the detailed look into the situation.
Anyway, i can't control our admins: i'm not a boss or w/e to give directives or other teammates. And i don't want to be a boss and make such relations between us.
I just hope all our admins make one big job to unite our community and make it great and friendly.

And now we have half of community on one server and another half on another one...