Author Topic: GOG at perfect timing  (Read 32785 times)

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: GOG at perfect timing
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
If it came down to playing games, she was active and created a lot of different map interest. That is a plus in my books.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
I have over 20 players on Facebook and other social media and I know pretty much every player on the server. So we can agree to disagree there. The majority of the player base either doesn't like her or doesn't know who she is.

So you think if someone doesn't know her they hate her? Seriously wth?

FB is the definition of an echo chamber. I'm sure in 10 minutes I could come up with 20 fb friends who will say that all muslims are evil.

5 of them will hate muslims, another 8 will just agree with whatever you ask them, 6 of them will have nothing against muslims but aren't game to disagree with everyone else, and the last guy is actually a muslim who is scared the other 19 will lynch him if he admits it.

I don't even see 20 people regularly playing. How about this, instead of stalking the usa server, why don't you start reporting on every time there's actually real 20 players on ru. Maybe some weekends? Maybe?

End of the day lamb the player base isn't going to change in order to accommodate one player.

You don't want to change to accommodate me?

End of the day there will be one player left.

If Babyshark wants to play on war2ru again

She doesn't. Our loss.

This is a game it's not real life. Anyone that genuinely gets upset by words sent to them on a gaming server should really rethink the way they are approaching the internet world.

Says the guy who has taken so much offence at BS's posts.

It's pretty basic stuff. Act like a bunch of assholes and nobody will want to join in. WTF is so hard to understand about that?

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2019, 12:30:10 PM »
So you think if someone doesn't know her they hate her? Seriously wth?

No I'm saying she isn't that well known or liked by the majority of the community.
FB is the definition of an echo chamber. I'm sure in 10 minutes I could come up with 20 fb friends who will say that all muslims are evil.

I'm saying that I have over 20 players on FB and social media who are inactive and active whom I could message at any time to come play on the server.( I did ask for your social media you told me you didn't have any) I also know the entire player base and I'm telling you Babyshark isn't that important.

You don't want to change to accommodate me?

End of the day there will be one player left.

If I thought the server would benefit from moderation I would be all for it. I don't believe it would.

Says the guy who has taken so much offence at BS's posts.

Tbh I actually really don't care that much about Babyshark or this game in general. It's not that important to me, and I really hope it's not that important to you either.
war2 > war3

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily, gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally, the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pulls out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said “you have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.”
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »
Losing BS was a HUGE loss.... and she really loves wc2 as much as any of us, so it took a big effort by a number of people to do it. That was just dumb dumb ego-drive dumbness.

End of the day Babyshark left war2ru because she disagreed with the moderation practices or lack of thereof.
 We don't moderate trash talking on war2ru.

This is server was built by veterans for vets. I don't believe moderating the words of the players base is what the majority wants

So, the main problem for Babyshark is trash talking?
Then i'd say that's even bigger loss than i thought.

I also hate trash-talking on our forum&server, 4+ years ago i also tried to do something with that. I also have a thick skin, but that's just unpleasant to join the server and see all that trash.
I tried to make server rules in 2014: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,38.msg171.html
Or make polls: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,117.msg847.html
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,163.msg1368.html

But i understood community doesn't accept that.
Community deserves atmosphere they created, and that's not our power to change that.
If we begin to ban people for trash-talking, they just leave.

At the same time i understand comminuty is wide, every single player has his own opinion about trash-talking also.
No idea how Babyshark plans to avoid trash talking or her server: to ban people? Or to make some different activity?
That's sad she is against us, not on our side...

Maybe we could do something together...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:27:34 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
I agree; let’s bring back baby shark

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
Losing BS was a HUGE loss.... and she really loves wc2 as much as any of us, so it took a big effort by a number of people to do it. That was just dumb dumb ego-drive dumbness.

End of the day Babyshark left war2ru because she disagreed with the moderation practices or lack of thereof.
 We don't moderate trash talking on war2ru.

This is server was built by veterans for vets. I don't believe moderating the words of the players base is what the majority wants

I also hate trash-talking on our forum&server, 4+ years ago i also tried to do something with that. I also have a thick skin, but that's just unpleasant to join the server and see all that trash.
I tried to make server rules in 2014: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,38.msg171.html

Community deserves atmosphere they created, and that's not our power to change that.

At the same time i understand comminuty is wide, every single player has his own opinion about trash-talking also.
No idea how Babyshark plans to avoid trash talking or her server: to ban people? Or to make some different activity?

The problem is /squelch doesn't have a memory so she had to squelch the same people every single time she logged in, and if she didn't, they would send her flame messages.  But then she could squelch them after that... but it was just annoying

That's why she was dissatisfied, but she finally left after something that is better categorized as interpersonal drama, Mousetopher had temp muted Babyshark and Van in Discord chat because they were in a flame war, and Babyshark felt betrayed and angry.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2019, 03:32:46 PM »
(Van flames everyone and is basically a psychopath, babyshark left at peace is generally very nice but when anything goes against her she has a tendency to freak out and write 10,000 word screeds one after another)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2019, 09:36:23 PM »
of all the people who talk shit to you here and vice-versa why is she singled out? Because she's female and you're a sexually frustrated nerd with a tiny penis? ... oh no wait, I must have a "white knight" complex.

.... blah blah I have a low IQ blah blah .... the fact you and her need to bring up the female card continuously just proves ... blah blah blah

That statement was a direct response to this gem from tk:

The only reason other people are supporting her decision is because she is a female and they want to be a white knight.

Which is the only time I have mentioned gender, so I didn't bring it up... and BS has not even taken part in this thread at all .... so she didn't bring it up.

But you just wrote an entire paragraph on it. Got any other FACTS for me?

Dude, get a grip - at least TK was smart enough to drop that tack.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »
she is predominately disliked by the majority of the player base.

The majority of the player base either doesn't like her or doesn't know who she is.

No I'm saying she isn't that well known or liked by the majority of the community.

Back-pedaling much?

Tbh I actually really don't care that much about Babyshark or this game in general. It's not that important to me, and I really hope it's not that important to you either.

That's a lot of posts about a person and a game you don't care about. Sorry to disappoint but I care about both of them.

I'm saying that I have over 20 players on FB and social media who are inactive and active whom I could message at any time to come play on the server.( I did ask for your social media you told me you didn't have any) I also know the entire player base and I'm telling you Babyshark isn't that important.

I have a FB account that I literally haven't logged into for years and don't use. I use discord mainly (Lambchops#3843) and I also have whatsapp for people who don't use discord (just my brother really these days) and I also use the pm on this forum a bit. You are welcome to contact me any time.

As to whether or not any single player is "that important", there are 2 ways to look at it.

1) Subjectively depending on your opinion of the individual and their contribution.
2) Mathematically. If there were 400 players then each of then would be 0.25% important.

I'd guess that by now every time we lose a player we are losing about 3% (and rising) of the game.

I think it's "that important".

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »

As I see it, the problem wasn't just trash talking. It was that it had gone too far into genuine harassment. BS sought help from the administration not for an individual "he-said she-said" argument, but for ongoing targeted nasty abuse that was independant of any incidental events on a specific day. In the end it became too much for her to cope with and she left with a (IMO) largely ill-advised explosion.... FB, public flaming etc.

I don't know that there's an easy set of rules we could have somehow grafted onto our existing community, but I do think that we, as a community, should have been able to do something about it before it got to that point.

If someone is beating another person with a bat, that is bad. You don't have to say "I agree with the victim and everything they say and we are BFFs now", you just have to be a decent human being and say, "stop hitting them with a bat, that is not ok". Sugesting that is ok because you don't like that person or because they are yelling a bunch of stuff while they are being hit is not an excuse. People being hit with a bat will generally lose their shit and yell all sorts of stuff.

This is common sense. You don't need rules to work it out. This place is well cliquey enough that if a few people had had the balls to just stand up and apply a bit of social pressure against it, the whole thing could have been managed.

I understand that, but they are leaving anyway. Quieter people don't post on the forum, and generally don't trash talk, and don't like being subjected to it.

The standard has to be set not for the existing players, it has to be for the players we don't have yet. Young people. New people. There are millions of people every day clicking around on stupid browser games because they are bored. The opinions of those people are much more important that the opinions of the few crusty old assholes we still have left.

If us crusty old assholes have any brains at all we should see that.

Well I think there's a no swearing in the channel policy and a bot to police it, but basically it's a small enough group that people aren't nasty to each other.

I don't think BS is "against us". She just feels that she was treated very badly and no longer wants to play here. I don't think someone is the enemy just because they want to play wc2 somewhere else. It's not like she didn't try hard for a long time here.

Personally I don't mind a little bit of trash talk occasionally, but for some people it is their normal for of communication when gaming .... constant rage and flame... IMO that's just being a dick

The problem is /squelch doesn't have a memory so she had to squelch the same people every single time she logged in, and if she didn't, they would send her flame messages.  But then she could squelch them after that... but it was just annoying

Yes in this case I think that feature would have helped a lot. Clearly it was more than just annoying.

That's why she was dissatisfied, but she finally left after something that is better categorized as interpersonal drama, Mousetopher had temp muted Babyshark and Van in Discord chat because they were in a flame war, and Babyshark felt betrayed and angry.

Yeah it was ugly at the end, but there was a lot leading up to that.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
You need to get a grip, her contacting peoples family's is not cool, but obviously because its someone you don't like (van) yeah that's cool. I hate him as much as the next person but it's still something you don't do.

And she doesn't need to post in this thread to be bringing it up constantly, go look at many of her other threads or threads she's hijacked over the past months. It's a crutch to fallback on. Hence the "Continuously", which is a word that has gone way over your head clearly. Maybe you should look into that before telling others how low their iq are to impress the girl who admitted herself on here that she was sexting multiple people. Which is probably why you're trying way harder to white knight now lol.

I considered babyshark one of my friends until she decided to start harassing me for reasons stated before.  I've refrained from insulting her for the most part other then to call her unstable  which she clearly is and maybe the occasional 2-faced. I know she'd tell you otherwise by saying I'm a "hater" which is why you feel the need to try so hard. But keep trying hard though lambchops, maybe you'll get the time of day eventually. Even though you'd be more likely to find someone at your local coles, k mart, target or woolworths.

Also lol at tk being top 2 suspects. Good joke.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2019, 11:26:52 PM »
she is predominately disliked by the majority of the player base.

The majority of the player base either doesn't like her or doesn't know who she is.

Back-pedaling much?

That's a lot of posts about a person and a game you don't care about. Sorry to disappoint but I care about both of them.

I have a FB account that I literally haven't logged into for years and don't use. I use discord mainly (Lambchops#3843) and I also have whatsapp for people who don't use discord (just my brother really these days) and I also use the pm on this forum a bit. You are welcome to contact me any time.

As to whether or not any single player is "that important", there are 2 ways to look at it.

1) Subjectively depending on your opinion of the individual and their contribution.
2) Mathematically. If there were 400 players then each of then would be 0.25% important.

I'd guess that by now every time we lose a player we are losing about 3% (and rising) of the game.

I think it's "that important".

I care about my career, my education, my family, and my friends. I don't care about a online gaming server and the nameless faces that populate it.
If you really equate this gaming server and the individuals that populate it in the same retrospect you do your every day life then that tells me one of two things.
A) Your life sucks.
B) Your suffering from video game addiction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction

If it's the former my apologies. If it's the latter I suggest you seek therapy.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:14 AM »
You need to get a grip, her contacting peoples family's is not cool, but obviously because its someone you don't like (van) yeah that's cool. I hate him as much as the next person but it's still something you don't do.

And she doesn't need to post in this thread to be bringing it up constantly, go look at many of her other threads or threads she's hijacked over the past months. It's a crutch to fallback on. Hence the "Continuously", which is a word that has gone way over your head clearly. Maybe you should look into that before telling others how low their iq are to impress the girl who admitted herself on here that she was sexting multiple people. Which is probably why you're trying way harder to white knight now lol.

I considered babyshark one of my friends until she decided to start harassing me for reasons stated before.  I've refrained from insulting her for the most part other then to call her unstable  which she clearly is and maybe the occasional 2-faced. I know she'd tell you otherwise by saying I'm a "hater" which is why you feel the need to try so hard. But keep trying hard though lambchops, maybe you'll get the time of day eventually. Even though you'd be more likely to find someone at your local coles, k mart, target or woolworths.

Hmm. Ok briefly, for the record:

I don't think the FB thing was right, that is not cool, but that is something happened as a result of the issues, it was not a cause of them.

The thread hi-jacking I also don't particularly like. It's not a crime, but I don't think that sort of thing makes anyone look good.

As for "sexting" it seems to be an issue for you, and I suspect was probably and issue for a few people here based on the juvenile frat-boyish behavior that ensued, but I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass.

I don't need to pick up girls at Target (although you go for it), but seeing as you're interested in my love-life: I'm actually banging the 28 year old who lives next door occasionally, she's also a friend of mine who's company I enjoy. Honestly I would prefer a more substantial relationship with someone closer to my own age, but I'm neither crying myself to sleep over it nor hoping for some kind of online tryst with a married gamer who lives on the other side of the planet.

You are seriously hung up on BS being female. Deal with it or don't idc, but don't try to project it onto me.

Also lol at tk being top 2 suspects. Good joke.

Yeah ikr? ;)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:58 AM »
I care about my career, my education, my family, and my friends. I don't care about a online gaming server and the nameless faces that populate it.
If you really equate this gaming server and the individuals that populate it in the same retrospect you do your every day life then that tells me one of two things.
A) Your life sucks.
B) Your suffering from video game addiction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction

If it's the former my apologies. If it's the latter I suggest you seek therapy.

Yes, my life currently sucks a bit, but I am getting it back on track.

The "nameless faces" ( actually I think you will find that they're faceless names ;) ) are in fact people. I don't consider them all to be personal friends, that would be a bit sad and silly, but I have in fact met a few people online that I do consider my friends.

I also believe in being basically decent to people. If I am walking down a busy street, I don't feel that I can treat the other people like shit simply because I don't know them.

And sad as it may be, I do care about wc2 because it has been a part of my life for a long time and I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure you are the same in this regard only you choose to deny that obvious fact, which is actually a bit sadder IMO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial