Author Topic: I'd like to take a minute to thank Blid  (Read 11060 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
I'd like to take a minute to thank Blid
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »
for spending countless hours making sure all of the forums and their topics of discussion are in the appropriate areas. Re-locating posts is by far our #1 priority.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like to take a minute to thank Blid
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »
Where would we be without his efforts

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »
If ya'll ever want to give me my admin back i'll put up a $500 reward to anyone who manages to fix our hosting problem. Then another couple hundred in advertising the server to attract new users. Then some training videos geared towards complete beginners. Then modify my streaming style to attract more users. Then offer players the opportunity to earn $ by training new players.

Or maybe i can just ask Tupac to hack the server (which he has absolutely no fucking idea how to do because it's light years above his DDOS/Botnet capabilities) and make me admin again!

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:25:38 PM »
Seriously, for the last 3 weeks now, war2 has been dead as fuck. TK's SS of the channel is not something that he couldn't have about 30 of in the last 3 weeks.

I haven't seen more than 30 people on more than a couple of times. Even on the weekends it still seems like a ghost town. I know the weather is getting nicer people, but it seems everyone has taken their "break" all at once and those who haven't, are now being forced to leave and take breaks, creating even less population.

Unfortunate circumstance taking place and I hope it doesn't lead to long term negative effects as a whole. I know historically the server has it's ups and downs but this seems like a pretty bad down.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
there hasn't been one time i've logged on during "peak" hours (which tend to be 4pm-10pm U.S. central time) where there weren't at least 15 people in the lobby, and 40 users online prior to 2-3 weeks ago with the exception of a server crash. I dont think i've EVER logged on to see less than 10 users in chat without their being a server crash. ever.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:52:41 AM »
If ya'll ever want to give me my admin back i'll put up a $500 reward to anyone who manages to fix our hosting problem. Then another couple hundred in advertising the server to attract new users. Then some training videos geared towards complete beginners. Then modify my streaming style to attract more users. Then offer players the opportunity to earn $ by training new players.

Or maybe i can just ask Tupac to hack the server (which he has absolutely no fucking idea how to do because it's light years above his DDOS/Botnet capabilities) and make me admin again!

Ahh if only that was correct. I'm not a cyber criminal I prevent that type of activity. So people like you who pay people to ddos or commit such crimes because you will never be admin again. You have yet to post proof of such accusations. I'm way more dangerous then you can imagine. Too bad for you I'm not a malicious asshole. So you can continue you're search on the deep web.

I know 0 days in war2 that would backdoor your machine the second you download a map in a lobby. I have informed blizzard with a POC. Too bad blid, il can smell you are a worthless scum. Good job mr no admin. 😂🤣 but keep on with the lies you only motivate me. :)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 10:50:13 AM »
Yeah bild thanks for putting up wif me for all those years u done a good loyal job

Offline Acheron~

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »
thank you blid for all the effort you put towards the community. unfortunate to see people hating. it does not help the community to be disrespectful and spiteful towards its members.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 01:08:26 PM »
He doesn't do s***. All of the admins are well aware of it. Call it hating or whatever you will, that's just the way it is.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »
I just wish iL would see it. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always got the impression that blid is a little bit of his right hand man.. and I'm convinced he is indirectly doing more harm to this community than good. But I've always said that and nothing is changed. I guess I will keep on saying it until there's nobody around to listen.... which appears to be in the not-too-distant future
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:19:22 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 01:21:47 PM »
you can't have people in leadership positions that dont exude leadership qualities ... in any aspect of life. it doesnt work long term. ever.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
There was 50 people on over the week at once in like 10 games.

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »
 :thumbsup: will try to game more often   :-X
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
Tk for admin!!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 05:42:37 PM »
I just wish iL would see it. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always got the impression that blid is a little bit of his right hand man..
I wouldn't say, somebody is somebody's hand. We are the team. We make all the decisions together.
Nobody of us can say: "i'm a boss here, so you should do this and this".

At the same time when i want to change something, i ask other admins what they think about it. Their thoughts help tp make proper decision. Many times i asked others about some idea and they explained me that my idea was stupid. After that i began to understand that myself. That is a great help from team!

That's not about only Blid, but also about ~ToRa~ and mousEtopher and of course Xurnt. And several more people, who are not so active, but i appreciate their opinions too.

Also, i don't like to get in to the community conflicts, i'd prefer to make some tech job with game & server, but sometimes i see my help could be useful here. Then i have to read tons of scandal topic, ask people and try to make my own opinion about the situation. Sometimes my involvement can help, i hope so.

But most time if Blid (together with ~ToRa~ and mousEtopher) decides to ban somebody, i don't protest as i don't know most players well, and i trust they makes proper decision, as that usually happens.

and I'm convinced he is indirectly doing more harm to this community than good. But I've always said that and nothing is changed. I guess I will keep on saying it until there's nobody around to listen.... which appears to be in the not-too-distant future
If you think Blid makes some improper decisions, let's discuss it here.
Please, let's discuss someone's activities, not personalities.
I trust everyone of us tries to do everything possible to make things better. Maybe some actions are harmful, then, let's discuss it!

If ya'll ever want to give me my admin back i'll put up a $500 reward to anyone who manages to fix our hosting problem.
BTW, i have some ideas about lat trick-based hosting fixing (thanks to Lambchops for some useful conversations)!
Maybe that will be implemented one day.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.