Author Topic: warcraft II now available on gog  (Read 28594 times)

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: warcraft II now available on gog
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »
our ddraw.dll is working tho

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2019, 07:29:23 PM »
Research how you have to find your cd key on GoG. They provided you one, you have to go to library. Go to warcraft 2, and go into more/serial keys

Yes this is another let down for me making it so hard to find out how to connect to the multiplayer. If they had this and the chat ready then things would really be nice! Seems like a lot of newbies are logging in and already getting their ports figured out.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »
it seems like they're only newbs to the game.. not gaming itself. which is cool.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
so i did get on. had to uninstall .ru and re-install gog.

yes. you pay $10 for war2. then join their server... as far as i can tell once you get all of that figured out, the text you type in the lobby is the only really fucking shitty thing.. it gets all fucked up when you're trying to type.

That's because they are using almost the same ddraw.dll as the original war2. The hacked ddraws we have been using will break the original battle.net servers, until those are updated to accept, you would get a error message (virus) and disconnected. It also seems the old useast and west server won't allow the gog version on. This explains the ss's above. If you ran the "Add servers  .cmd posted above" UPDATE FIX! only if you want other servers then gog. This fix makes it so if you connect then exit you can rejoin gog and not bug out to the useast, uswest, server lists that error out. Once you connect to GOG server they will rewrite the server list to only have GOG server. So you will have to run the directplay.cmd file again as ADMIN make sure war2 is closed when changing your servers.

UPDATE: use gog war2 with your favorite server.[/font][/size]You place this in your gog war2 folder for me it is.C:\program files (x86)\gog galaxy\games\warcraft ii bne\[/size]Attached is the new .cmd file you can right click and compare the differences if you want. I've added server.war2.ru, gog, war2usa. Only bug I have ran into is if you exit battle.net to the server menu the original gateways are there but works for now. YOU  WILL HAVE TO RE-RUN THIS EVERY TIME YOU OPEN WAR2 OR CONNECT TO GOG SERVER.

I got my CD key by going to my account and found it. When you installed war2 if you didn't run through it. It would of stated visit your account to get your cdkey for multiplayer.

EDIT:

There is two versions on war2 you can run at the loader screen. I would say single player has the new ddraw.dll and changes. The multiplayer didn't get worked on much yet LOL!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:48:03 PM by tupac »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2019, 08:10:00 PM »
sio far most obvious problems are typing in lobby, and have to reset resources every time u host

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »
It looks like single player war2 uses xdraw.dll and the online version uses ddraw.dll.

So i copied the GOG xdraw.dll and renamed it ddraw.dll also copied dxcfg.exe, dxcfg.ini and pasted into the combat folder. Seems their ddraw is having the old issues we where having bnet text boxes where on a black screen and not lined up with the graphics, icons, words. So they have 2 ddraws total.. Pretty cool though changing preferences but not worth the crappy look and i guess the other ddraw.dll is what gog multiplayer uses with the broken text when typing.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2019, 09:25:19 PM »

For anyone logging in the Global Server right now we are meeting up in channel Classic Games.

Ran into prob around 50 newbies so far tonight and more people are starting to log in faster. By the weekend I expect to see a lot!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2019, 09:42:42 PM »
I paid it.. it was more a "LOOK AT WHAT I EXPECT!" type post. I am extremely surprised they released this without figuring this stuff out. How do you sell a "damaged" product to someone?

Have you ever heard of a thing called "Microsoft Windows" ;)

And that server have strange config:
/con not working,
/games not working...

AFAIK these never worked on bnet either, they are pvpgn commands.

Are they using pvpgn? If it's an official lisenced version would they be using an unlisenced server? IDK.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2019, 10:57:57 PM »
Ok I bought the game dl'ed it and forwarded my ports it's not working. Can't play online.
war2 > war3

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
Ok I bought the game dl'ed it and forwarded my ports it's not working. Can't play online.
Is that work if you use war2combat 4.4 for our server?
If yes, i'd say some troubles on GOG server. If no, some troubles in combat or routing...

Just got disced from GoG server, no idea why. And returned back now...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2019, 04:08:24 PM »
OK guys i fixed it I needed to support my ISP, and they switch IPV6 to IPV4 and it worked! :))

whenever i tried add ports in my router i had error "6112port failed" now i even didnt need to open port
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:10:29 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2019, 04:39:39 PM »
OK guys i fixed it I needed to support my ISP, and they switch IPV6 to IPV4 and it worked! :))

whenever i tried add ports in my router i had error "6112port failed" now i even didnt need to open port
Hm, did you use IPV6 address from your ISP?
Also, how your war2 worked on our server then? That's very interesting solution...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »

Hm, did you use IPV6 address from your ISP?
Also, how your war2 worked on our server then? That's very interesting solution...
Yeah, I think i used IPV6 since i got this router 10 years, they switch it and I didnt know they did it, I used to play only w2, newer games hadnt got problem with host
 I got host on gog server so im sure i got host in rus server
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2019, 01:05:51 AM »
If anyone has any interest in telling these people how to fix some of these issues:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warcraft_II%3A_Battle.net_Edition

Offline SD-ArchAngel

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
I gotta say guys it seems like a fuckin mess. not to be cheap I dont know if it's worth 1$ let alone $15