Author Topic: initial thoughts about GOG...  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: initial thoughts about GOG...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
How hard do you think it would be to make all the current tools compatible with 2.0.2.2?  I'm surprised it's different enough that it's not compatible with the utilities we have.

iL, did you see someone said you'll need to make the request to authorize 2.0.2.1 for sign-on through gog support?  https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?game=1418669891&form=technical

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »
Most games on gog don't even have online multiplayer support, you guys were expecting too much :) The server for warcraft 2 is hosted by blizzard, not by gog, it's just the good old battle.net with all its flaws.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
well its taking a little bit of root,people are playing now and seems most have thier connection working.

but blizzard has a real bad policy with its games....they coulda included war2 with sc1 all these years  :-\

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »
I guess with such a shitty release for gog, I've come to appreciate how much ru is actually cared for by people who love the game itself and actually know how to make the experience better. Thanks everyone at ru! Hip hop
HOORAY
Yes, i think if somebody makes something with love to his job to get perfect result - results will be much better than if somebody makes something just to make money...
War2 have many components with bugs that are hard to detect. You can just apply someone's ddraw, looks like it works, but when you begin to play you get some problems.
Our support requests section shows how many different problems appears with different computer configurations. That is after we applied ddraw specially designed for war2 and tested it for years!
I'd say if somebody can make things better - that should be blizzard, having the source code and product owners.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »
How hard do you think it would be to make all the current tools compatible with 2.0.2.2?  I'm surprised it's different enough that it's not compatible with the utilities we have.
If war2insight is compatible with 2.0.2.1, i'd say that quite easy to fix warvideo, warlat, zwarlat, etc. Just not sure about observe - maybe a little more difficult.

Another question is what's easier: to rewrite all compatible tools or to hack generated checksums, to let gog server think we use 2.0.2.1 when we join with 2.0.2.0
Not sure, but that may be a preferred choice...

iL, did you see someone said you'll need to make the request to authorize 2.0.2.1 for sign-on through gog support?
Yes, thanks, i already sent the request to them, waiting for 12-24 hours now...

The server for warcraft 2 is hosted by blizzard, not by gog, it's just the good old battle.net with all its flaws.
BTW, gog server is different than old blizzard servers: east, west, europe, asia, They controlled your exe-file checksum and your executable code also. Patched war2 process caused error when connecting the server. That was a reason i added war2nocdUNloader to combat: Start it with nocdloader, then appy nocdUNloader, then process becomes original, and you can join official war2 servers. Of course, you should change cd-key to legal one before that. Worked fine for combat.
And everything is much easier with GOG.

well its taking a little bit of root,people are playing now and seems most have thier connection working.
Yes, the main GOG thing is to attract lots people for their game! And our task - is to attract them until they leave...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
I just saw this:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22940764?blzcmp=app   But I dont really have an account to reply to it with.  It seems to me that the GoG release is likely going to be garbage,  but the exposure presents an opportunity to tell those DL'ing the GoG version (that doesnt support multi-player according to the announcement) that a version DOES exist that supports it.  Not that we could use anymore noobs but it would give current noobs someone to play with.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »
we DEFINITELY could use HUNDREDS of noobs?!?! Thousands would be even better!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 05:48:07 PM »
What i think about current GOG server:
i'd say we should control it's events some way: when new player join, need to handle that situation, to let him know which channel to join, to keep them together.
Another interesting question is how to get something like status page for that server. The only way i see now - is to control all the channels by bots and show that info somewhere. Not sure how to understand if players leaved the server or joined the game. Or maybe that bnet have some kind of it's own API to control that?

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 07:41:24 PM »
Anything new on the gog front? Or still garbage? Wondering if I should even log on later

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »
Anything new on the gog front? Or still garbage? Wondering if I should even log on later
they wont fix anything, U must do that
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience