Author Topic: We are wasting time  (Read 2652 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
We are wasting time
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
GOG is so glitchy/full of bugs... None of it will ever get fixed. There is no support and never will be.

If our #1 effort is not to bring those players who are clearly interested in warcraft 2 over to .ru, we are failing the community. That's just the way it is.

Yes SOME will come to .ru and get banned, and get shit talked, and leave... that will happen.. but if we can manage to funnel them over to .ru as soon as possible, and continue to funnel them over the next few days, weeks, and months.. there is a very real chance they will find eachother on our server and start competing with one another.

Ultimately a large percentage of them will leave GOG and/or .ru. But even if a small percentage stay.. that's more players than we had.

We're letting this opportunity to gain more users slip by.. It's a no-brainer.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: We are wasting time
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »
iL  ... if you see this....

If a brand new user goes here -->  http://en.war2.ru/downloads/#Warcraft-II    There are like 40 different versions of War2 to download.. We need to some how make just ONE stand out. The BEST version. The version we want people to download. It needs to stand out like a sore thumb.. like a link that screams "DOWNLOAD ME RIGHT NOW AND ONLY ME TO PLAY WARCRAFT 2 FOR FREE!!!!!"

Otherwise it looks like one big cluster fuck. I literally fucked up trying to download the new 4.4 version. I downloaded the wrong one because there is just too much shit there.

Needs to be SIMPLE. Easy to see. Click and play!

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:06:36 PM »
YA TK IS RIGHT CUZ i had to download 2 versions to get 1 to work ... u gotta make sure they DL the standard eng ver 44 that 1 works

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:04:03 AM »
The DL page is indeed WAY to big for any new player.  The only version that really matters is the English Standard edition.  All that other shit can be hidden in an "other" tab or something.  Where it's hidden unless someone asks for it specifically.  There is really no reason to have 50 versions of the same thing and language is not an excuse to have multiple versions.  For the very very few that actually use the other language versions (because they are use to the hotkeys),  they'll know to DL those versions specifically.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:15:29 AM »
There are like 40 different versions of War2 to download.. We need to some how make just ONE stand out. The BEST version.
YA TK IS RIGHT CUZ i had to download 2 versions to get 1 to work ... u gotta make sure they DL the standard eng ver 44 that 1 works
The DL page is indeed WAY to big for any new player.  The only version that really matters is the English Standard edition.
Well, you absolutely right!
I think need to make 1 separate beautiful page with detailed decription, pictures demonstrating it's abilities and 1 big green button: "Download".
With a small link to other downloads, tihs download page.
And post that on the main page of site.
What do you guys think about that?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 06:20:53 AM »
What do you guys think about that?

Yep.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 10:12:23 AM »
im glad for teh people playing ...but this is a farcray from ru server.

sounds good il! ru still is up there for war2 so people may see the page.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:14:26 AM by easycompany »