Author Topic: War2Combat 4.4.3 released! warlat,resBug,uPNP,GoG server,+CD-keys compatibility  (Read 15889 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Upd:
Updated Combat to 4.4.3:
    - One more fix for DEP
    - Some small installer improvements

Upd:
Updated Combat 4.4.1 to 4.4.2:
    - For CD-keys management compatibility, Warcraft II version changed from classic 2.0.2.1 to GoG 2.0.2.1
    now combat not requires to manage any CD-keys after being installed by GoG. It just uses GoG's cd-keys, together with GoG.
   GoG's KeyChanger added to combat.
    at the same time, install.exe have been renamed to install.mpq. (Also by GoG 2.0.2.1)
    - ddraw_test2 removed and replaced to ddraw_Aqrit by FunkyFr3sh (aka fois)
    That's sufficiently improved version based on test2.
    - ddraw_test4 removed and replaced to ddraw_CnC by FunkyFr3sh (aka fois).
    That supports OpenGL rendering with lots filters.

Previous post:
So, here's it:
    - Updated War2Ppatcher for 2.0.2.1 supporting warlat and resBug fix.
    - Updated War2PLoader for 2.0.2.1, removed antihack, removed autoupdate as attached to server.war2.ru

Added cd key changer autostart during installation. Path still should be fixed.

Get new versions from downloads secton!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:13:33 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: War2Combat 4.4.1 released! warlat, resBug, uPNP, GoG server
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 02:26:26 PM »
Nice!!

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 02:34:36 PM »
I only see 4.4 in downloads? Wheres 4.41

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 02:36:29 PM »
Still need to change the CD key utility so when it saves file you don't have to select a new location. I think the is the most confusing part.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
I only see 4.4 in downloads? Wheres 4.41
It's it. I replaced it on ftp. I have no place to keep all versions there.

Still need to change the CD key utility so when it saves file you don't have to select a new location. I think the is the most confusing part.
CDkey changer autostarts during installation now. The problem is still to change path to proper. Still no solution for that.

Please, try that version as i didn't test it
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 02:46:38 PM »
Can you create a seperate Pop Up disclaimer that comes when you finish the installation? That sayor shows how to save the cd key.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 03:12:03 PM »
Can you create a seperate Pop Up disclaimer that comes when you finish the installation? That sayor shows how to save the cd key.
Let me try to do something....

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Updated Combat 4.4.1 to 4.4.2:
    - For CD-keys management compatibility, Warcraft II version changed from classic 2.0.2.1 to GoG 2.0.2.1
    now combat not requires to manage any CD-keys after being installed by GoG. It just uses GoG's cd-keys, together with GoG.
   GoG's KeyChanger added to combat.
    at the same time, install.exe have been renamed to install.mpq. (Also by GoG 2.0.2.1)
    - ddraw_test2 removed and replaced to ddraw_Aqrit by FunkyFr3sh (aka fois)
    That's sufficiently improved version based on test2.
    - ddraw_test4 removed and replaced to ddraw_CnC by FunkyFr3sh (aka fois).
    That supports OpenGL rendering with lots filters.

Let's test ddraws by fois together!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
Nice!

There is still the problem with DEP, warcraft 2 is crashing if DEP is enabled. The war2 loader thing didn't use virtualprotect correctly if i remember right.

A user on gog found another problem in storm.dll where virtualprotect also wasn't used correctly, can you add that fix too?

You need to change 2 bytes in storm.dll: https://www.gog.com/forum/diablo/game_crashes_at_start/post27

Edit:
I actually just tested this and I can confirm it does work! I enabled DEP, started the game -> crash... Changed the 2 bytes, started the game -> no crash :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:40:29 AM by fois »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
AVG antivirus HATES 4.4

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
So when you release these new versions every other day, does that mean I have to uninstall the previous version and download new one?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
nope. You can use the old versions no problem

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
The main goal for this last version on combat 4.4.2:
If you installed GoG war2 before, you typed proper working cd-key for it, and that means Combat 4.4.2 will use the same GoG's cd-key. No any reconfigurations requred anymore.
Designed to make migration War2GoG -> War2Combat transparent.

(At the same time if you never played GoG, but installed Combat, it will write it's unlegal blocked cd-key 6696-*, so you have to change it manually to play GoG, even if you install GoG after Combat. Combat also includes GoG's: C:\War2Combat\KeyChanger.exe to do that eigther using Combat or GoG.)

UPD: how it works:
classic war2bne keeps it's cd-keys in mpq-archives. GoG team made dirty hack on their .exe, and gog war2 now keeps it's cd-keys in the registry.
Combat follows the GoG client, so Combat since 4.4.2 also works with cdkey from the registry. And that means when you change the cd-key by gog's changer, cd-key will be changed for both gog and combat 4.4.2.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:36:16 AM by iL »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
So when you release these new versions every other day, does that mean I have to uninstall the previous version and download new one?
Of course you should download and install new one!
About to uninstall or not to uninstall:
Combats are designed to be compatible to be overwritten on update between big versions.

If you install combat 4.3.2 (version of release 4.3) english version into C:\war2Combat43en and install combat 4.4.0 (version of 4.4) into C:\war2Combat44en (as i do), and then you will install combat 4.4.2, it will ask you to overwrite previous release of 4.4 release: to install C:\war2Combat44en, and that is recommended way.
Combat remembers installation folder between version of 1 release and asks you to install next 4.4.x to the previous 4.4 installation folder.

But you can also install combat 4.4.2 to common C:\war2combat folder with previous version 4.3.x or earlier. Everything should work properly even if didn't uninstall it before.

Common concept for all combats since 3.01:
You feel free to install any version of combat to a folder with previously installed combat of another version, everything will work fine, they will use saves and maps from previous installation in this folder.
At the same time, you feel free to install every combat version to different folder, then they will not interfere between folders.

Of course, installing combat into folder with GoG is not recommended (combat will work anyway though).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:37:06 AM by iL »

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
I entered my key to gog client and this key is already used