Author Topic: Cursor in game discussion  (Read 1511 times)

Offline wHATever

• Peon
    • View Profile
Cursor in game discussion
« on: December 30, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »
Greetings, aka chayliss here

Thanks to eq and tk for facilitating the return of my account to me

So I played a few games, and boy did I struggle with the response of the cursor, I seemed to be able to barely adjust the speed of it, but the real issue is how floaty it was. That's why I messed with the speed, I got it as slow as it will go and when it gets to the area I want it it's hard af to click  where I want, even lusting a 3x3 group it was a mess, that much I remember is I didn't miss so much before, I basically had to lust up Twice without moving.

So I'm in twitch and I happen to watch a game on some chop map

Damn his cursor was nailing it time after time
And it wasn't all floaty looking

I thought maybe it was just me, and i just suck, and I had just gotten use to modern engines like sc2

How do you guys feel the response of your cursor is for you?
A little floaty or pinpoint ez ?

Glhf

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Cursor in game discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 07:11:31 PM »
I find tweaking the windows mouse settings rather than War2's works for me.  I keep my War2 speed settings on highest.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 07:12:19 PM »
btw welcome back mate,  happy NY

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
If you are on windows 8 or 10 then your cursor will have a slight delay, it's pretty annoying... You can use "Warcraft II Config.exe" and change your "Renderer" to "OpenGL". Make sure you use the latest "Warcraft II Config.exe" since the one included in war2 combat has a bug http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5015.0.html

If your cursor is also too fast then there is a solution for it as well, you have to change the "Display Mode" to "Stretched" and enable the "Adjust Mouse Sensitivity" checkbox.

This should solve your problems, but the battle.net chat will now run in a window instead of being fullscreen because the low latency trick with the opengl renderer would break fullscreen battle.net, the actual gameplay is fullscreen and working perfectly though.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:52:10 PM by fois »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 11:36:33 PM »
Cursor speed should go from 1-11. 6 is supposedly the best and what I have mine set to.

Also DISABLE pointer precision

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 11:51:34 PM »
i did some research on it years ago... there was reasoning for why 6 is the best speed. i forget exactly the science behind it but it should be the most responsive.

and enhanced pointer precision "predicts" what you want to do.. if you start increasing your mouse scroll it will increase it disproportional to the speed you're actually moving your mouse. you dont want that.