Author Topic: Active warvideo users here?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Active warvideo users here?
« on: April 10, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »
Going to make some improvements in warvideo while adapting it for 2.0.2.1

So:
classic warvideo is a GUI window to both record and playback dk2-videos.

New versions are:
- GUI warvideo. Same functionality as classic one.
- Console warvideo. No viewing, only recording. Saves each game separately. Names like datetime_map_players.dk2
- Tray warvideo. Should work similar to console one.

Questions:
- how'd you prefer to handle games? To save them all in one file or to save each game separately?
- how to handle pauses? To skip or write them?
- how to handle pre-game lobbies? To write or not to write them?
- do you prefer to use graphics utility to write games or to start some background console/tray version to let it do it automatically?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Active warvideo users here?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »
I used to use warvid. It's been a long time. I would like to start using insight (but i've never actually used it).

as far as warvid goes, i think it would be good to save each game individually instead of multiple games on one file, and eliminate pauses would make the most sense... or maybe if possible include the pause, but only keep like 3 seconds of the pause instead of the entire pause.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:22:48 PM »
hasn't twitch made warvid redundant?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »
the nice thing about warvid (or insight) that i don't think twitch has the ability to do: Record a game you (or someone else is playing) then re-record over it with commentary. or stream the replay on twitch with commentary.

would essentially be impossible for me to give commentary on a game while i'm playing. I can't talk and play war2 at the same time. not with any level of detail/efficiency. but i have considered recording games with a program like warvid, then streaming the replay with my own narrations

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:13:50 PM »
The main thing it needs is to save to a known video format (avi/mkv/mp4 etc.)

Saving to dk2 then re-capturing to make a video out of it is annoying.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:13:29 PM »
I prefer warvid over insight as the APM and other prompts I find distracting during a close game.

Would be nice if each gaming session could be categorized into a graphical thumb nail play list at the end. Then,
I have the option of highlighting & exporting the best games to mp4 format and discard or leave the others in dk2.

Default would be to just list the games, but having a separating drop down arrow would be useful occasionally
if an epic chat rape or rage log (or rage pause) that ensues after a bad loss!

Twitch is cool, but i’d rather only post the best games not some of the garbage cook bookers that won’t attract new players.
Also, people sometimes tell you pretty personal shit that could fuck up things in their real life, i’d rather not run the risk of
putting someones personal life on blast all over the internet.

Your bot that hosts games for people, could he also record games by request?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 05:07:09 AM »
Well, thanks for your feedback!
So, warvideo is useful thing for some people, also someone prefer GUI version, some others prefer background/console. I think to continue working with both.

The main thing it needs is to save to a known video format (avi/mkv/mp4 etc.)
thought about that also.

Would be nice if each gaming session could be categorized into a graphical thumb nail play list at the end. Then,
I have the option of highlighting & exporting the best games to mp4 format and discard or leave the others in dk2.
Do you mean to categorize games when you save the file? I use symbols i filenames, like "i25)!12v2tower" - means: "i" as "il", 25 is a number of replay, ")" - my win, "!" - the game was interesting, "12v2tower" - my comment about the game. Though i'm talking about insight replays, but i'd use the same idea for warvid. Not sure if that could mean game categorized or you mean something different...

Your bot that hosts games for people, could he also record games by request?
Well, bot can definitely record games by insight (it should stay in game all the time then), but it's warvid will contain only 1 his peon staying in the center of black territory, as it doesn't play or scroll map itself
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 04:11:30 PM »
And you can use your browser to watch dk2 files (zip is also supported).
Example of a video:

http://replays.war2.ru/tournaments/replay.html?url=http://replays.war2.ru/Temp/dk2/[09]20170711_2358_Ukrain1985_BatDev_0-2_GOWT_23min_view-lesnik.zip

It works fine on my ancient phone.

Link to empty player (can be stored offline to watch files from your PC)

http://replays.war2.ru/tournaments/replay.html

If you add parameter ?url= you can watch video from remote storage.

And if you are registered on this forum you can add your link here, Google drive link should work too.
http://replays.war2.ru/

Maybe file uploading will be allowed later, need to clarify with Mousey.