Warvideo is simple utility to record and playback war2-games in it's own format: dk2.
It's pretty simple to use: just start war2, then start warvideo, press "record game", then play your game, then "stop recording" and save your game into a file.
dk2 format has very good compression rate for war2 videos (much less than possible in avi/mkv) and the best quality.
Could be useful for your own replays collection.
Just released new Warvideo version:
- works with old combat (220.127.116.11 exe-based) and also with original war2 18.104.22.168 version.
- works with GOG war2, new combat (22.214.171.124) and also original war2 126.96.36.199 version.
- supports ddraw front buffer. If ddraw supports that front buffer, Warvideo will use it, so, no blinking video anymore.
- no more closing by ESC or Enter (with losing your unsaved video). When you closing Warvideo with unsaved replay, you should confirm you are ready to do that.
- you can just start recording warvideo, then start and restart different versions of war2, video will continue recording, until you press "stop".
- many small fixes related to interface glitches and crashes.
- stats and stats+ work for 188.8.131.52 version only, disabled for 184.108.40.206.
Here's it: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/utils/warvid_with_ddraw/
ddraw.dll with front buffer included (similar to FunkyFr3sh/Aqrit-DDraw-Hack 0.1.5.4).
You can replace that ddraw.dll from yours in combat (or GOG war2).
Please, let me know what else you would want to see in warvid and report about any bugs detected.