Author Topic: WC2 Plugins v0.1.3 fully compatible  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
WC2 Plugins v0.1.3 fully compatible
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »
Version 0.1.3 of the Plugin Framework is now tested and working on Windows 10, 7, and XP with all ddraw versions.

Should work with all War2 BNE 2.02 variants including all w2combat versions except 4.4

Instructions and description are HERE.

The new ZIP file is here

AFAIK it should work with all Windows versions - If you successfully install on a different OS not listed here please let me know and I will update the list.

Thanks to RandomPeasant and EC for testing and feedback  :fro: :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:19:58 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: WC2 Plugins v0.1.3 fully compatible
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 05:59:55 AM »
What is this and where can I use it?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 10:28:23 AM »
                CRAZY Speed plugin    ;D

This one is just for the lols.

Obviously you can't use this pvp unless all players are using it. You would just drop.

This doesn't actually speed up the game, it just makes all the game action delays finish instantly... so:

Peons instantly exit mines/halls/mills as soon as they enter.

Unit movement/construction/training/chopping speeds are faster (maybe 1.5x - 3x)

Repair speed is much faster 5x ?? 10x ?? idk

Towers attack speeds are insane ??x omg

Other stuff is faster (spells etc.)

The attached video is of part of a game on fastest, in real time.
(sorry for bad video quality has to be small to post)

The gold being collected is from 6 peons in a PM ;)

-- edit --

There's 2 versions:

CrazySpd.w2p         Just gives the local player speed.
CrazySpdAll.w2p     Gives everyone speed (including comps)

You will need the second version if you want to try it out pvp for fun. (obviously don't try to use them both at once...)

IIRC With the all speed version playing vs. comps is ok until the comps get magic then they start messing you up pretty badly.

Because repair is so OP (and comps don't repair-build) you can build very fast and defend your base with 1 or 2 towers as long as you watch for cats... but when the comps get DKs you want to be ready for it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:36:36 AM by Lambchops »

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 03:57:06 PM »
Oh, I will take a look, thx

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:29:12 AM »
IF U KONSIDER ON-SCREEN "CHOP PROGRESS" TO BE A MILD IMPROVEMENT, HOW BOUT AN ON-SCREEN HP DISPLAY OF UNITS HP? I BELIEVE THEY HAVE THAT IN WARGUS
THE HP BAR COULD BE DISPLAYED UNDER THE UNIT, SIMILARLY TO THE CHOP PROGRESS

I BELIEVE IT BE EVEN MORE HACKISH, BUT HAS SUPER USES SO I LIKE TO SUGGEST THAT (IF IL ADDZ THE CHOP PROGRESS TO THE GAME AND WE FOLLOW "NOT A HACK" NARRATIVE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 08:00:21 PM »
Got another plugin idea, could you create one that will automatically query the /stats of a user when someone joins your game?

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »
is there a health bar 1 for ur own units by any chance?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
The idea about timer plugin:
russians looks into it and thought to move the time to the right bottom angle. And also to change it's color.
What do you think about that update, @Lambchops ?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »
The idea about timer plugin:
russians looks into it and thought to move the time to the right bottom angle. And also to change it's color.
What do you think about that update, @Lambchops ?

@iL

oh cool :) Looks good.

I only put it on the mini map because the main screen doesn't refresh every second, so the timer will stop until you move something.

Perhaps it is the observer "p/g/o .... k/r" (or "apm:" ) that is making the screen refresh in that corner?

Anyway I am happy to see others working on plugins. Looks good in the corner.
Could maybe use the larger font down there too.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 10:08:37 PM »
Got another plugin idea, could you create one that will automatically query the /stats of a user when someone joins your game?

Can do this, except the server limits requests .. I think 1 request/7 seconds maybe? can't remember.

If 7 people join straight away then either the server refuses for flooding or if you spread them out then it takes 49 seconds to get them all.

Maybe a keypress that just does /stats for the last person who joined?

is there a health bar 1 for ur own units by any chance?

Haven't done any more work on displaying stat bars recently. This is quite doable but I thought I would wait until people relaxed a bit about the whole plugin situation then revisit the issue.

Personally I think health bars for selected units would be a good thing, but not going there right now.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 03:40:11 AM »
Can do this, except the server limits requests .. I think 1 request/7 seconds maybe? can't remember.

If 7 people join straight away then either the server refuses for flooding or if you spread them out then it takes 49 seconds to get them all.

Hm, need to try.
Also, lesnik got another problem on his hardware: timer always turning to 9 in last digit before show proper number, check attached warvideo. That depends on ddraw on his hardware, but moving to right bottom corner fixes that for him.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 04:22:28 AM »
Hi, it's lesnik.

Oh, iL, as usual. You need learn to read carefully.
>"That depends on ddraw on his hardware"

No, that works on standard good GDI visualiser from fois, which installed by default.

Almost all the screen refreshing ok, except some edges,
so i prefer to use that yellow mod with normal GDI ddraw.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 06:05:01 AM »

Hm, need to try.

I did a test for fast sending /w via server

got it to do like

/m warbux test0
/m warbux test1
/m warbux test2
/m warbux test3
/m warbux test4
/m warbux test5
/m warbux test6   .... etc.  When I pressed a key.

I think he got like 1 and 2 then missed some and I got a flooding message from server and he got 6 and 7 or something like that.

Anyway there is a limit to how fast you can make server requests. Perhaps there is a pvpgn setting where you can change this?

Here I looked it up. I wrote last post when I was leaving for work.

WC2 limits sending server commands to one every 2 seconds when normally entered. That is easy to bypass in the exe, but the server will refuse if there is too many too fast:

Code: [Select]
.text:004739D4                 call    ds:__imp_GetTickCount
.text:004739DA                 mov     edx, LAST_SERVER_TICK_COUNT
.text:004739E0                 mov     ecx, eax
.text:004739E2                 sub     ecx, edx
.text:004739E4                 cmp     ecx, 7D0h
.text:004739EA                 jb      short loc_473A10 ; exit if tick count interval < 2000
.text:004739EC                 lea     edx, [esi+8]
.text:004739EF                 mov     LAST_SERVER_TICK_COUNT, eax

Also, lesnik got another problem on his hardware: timer always turning to 9 in last digit before show proper number, check attached warvideo. That depends on ddraw on his hardware, but moving to right bottom corner fixes that for him.

Strange. It is not turning to 9 .... it is not erasing the last number and writing the next number on top of it.

so when 3 changes to 4:  first you get 3..... then 3 and 4 together ..... then just 4
then when 4 chages to 5 you get 4....4&5....5

This could maybe be related to a double-buffering setting somewhere?

Also I would try the fastMM plugin if you arent already using it. This could help too idk.

... but if you want it in bottom right, then use that one. It freezes until I move the screen for me not using observer, but if it works for you that's good :)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 05:57:17 PM »
Strange. It is not turning to 9 .... it is not erasing the last number and writing the next number on top of it.
You right, it's not 9, is looks like the previous number. I didn't look carefully.

so when 3 changes to 4:  first you get 3..... then 3 and 4 together ..... then just 4
then when 4 chages to 5 you get 4....4&5....5

This could maybe be related to a double-buffering setting somewhere?
As lesnik said timer works fine with gdi ddraw only:
No, that works on standard good GDI visualiser from fois, which installed by default.
And when you try cnc ddraw or maybe some other versions (like test4 from aqrit or w/e?) is still has the problem.

Also I would try the fastMM plugin if you arent already using it. This could help too idk.
If that fastMM idea will change visualization logic, i'd say we shouldn't do that for such simple thing as a timer.
We need a way to let these numbers work perfect on every configuration.
... but if you want it in bottom right, then use that one. It freezes until I move the screen for me not using observer, but if it works for you that's good :)
At least i think top left corner and the border of minimap is not the best place for timer, especially if it overlaps a minimap a little.
I think right bottom would be better. Maybe to write it even lower: in the string where you type chat messages. Though lesnik cheked that and states that part of the screen is not being updated at all...