Author Topic: WC2 Plugins v0.1.3 fully compatible  (Read 9633 times)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: WC2 Plugins v0.1.3 fully compatible
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:14 PM »
lamb ok this idea maybe highly a annoyance but could one plugin do this..like u type in idk ice ice baby and it will play a clip of that song and otehr sound effects from movies whatever??

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 06:25:58 AM »
lamb ok this idea maybe highly a annoyance but could one plugin do this..like u type in idk ice ice baby and it will play a clip of that song and otehr sound effects from movies whatever??

There already is one... it's on your phone labeled "google" ;)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 06:40:37 AM »
Also I would try the fastMM plugin if you arent already using it. This could help too idk.
If that fastMM idea will change visualization logic, i'd say we shouldn't do that for such simple thing as a timer.
We need a way to let these numbers work perfect on every configuration.

fastMM just makes the mini-map update more frequently, that is all. It makes the mini-map display unit movement much more smoothly. I think everyone should use this just for that reason, but it may also help with the timer because there are more frequent refreshes.

... but if you want it in bottom right, then use that one. It freezes until I move the screen for me not using observer, but if it works for you that's good :)
At least i think top left corner and the border of minimap is not the best place for timer, especially if it overlaps a minimap a little.
I think right bottom would be better. Maybe to write it even lower: in the string where you type chat messages. Though lesnik cheked that and states that part of the screen is not being updated at all...

Yes I agree. Having the timer on the mini-map is a kludge, it is there simply to make sure the screen is updated. It would be much better somewhere else, but we need to force the game to update that part of the screen.

Without a more complete understanding of the internal screen update mechanism, perhaps an easy fix could be to force the game to display some empty text like some char 0x20... or just output it via the in-game text functions (I think observer uses this?).

For the timer we should probably research whatever method observer uses to display APM etc. but for other graphics it would be good to know how to force the screen to update.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 09:17:53 AM »
one more feedback from lesnik:
cpu saver plugin has performance problems with "GDI" ddraw. It gives 7-15 fps only on GTX1660, i7, win10.

Not sure what to do with that, i'll try to test it on my test win10, but the only fix i can offer is to disable that cpu save in installer by default...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 10:31:20 AM »
fastMM just makes the mini-map update more frequently, that is all. It makes the mini-map display unit movement much more smoothly. I think everyone should use this just for that reason, but it may also help with the timer because there are more frequent refreshes.
Also note that timer moved to right bottom corner updates fine with GDI ddraw. But have no updates until you scrolls the screen with CnC or other ddraw. Check that please also...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »
one more feedback from lesnik:
cpu saver plugin has performance problems with "GDI" ddraw. It gives 7-15 fps only on GTX1660, i7, win10.

Not sure what to do with that, i'll try to test it on my test win10, but the only fix i can offer is to disable that cpu save in installer by default...

Yeah the in-game cpu saver has not been thoroughly tested under all conditions. It works ok for me but winXP is much more forgiving with many things like this.

I had it disabled when I posted the zip.

I think the channel cpu-saver is the most important... Its ok to use the cpu when you are playing the game, but having it use 100% just sitting in the channel is silly.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »
Yeah the in-game cpu saver has not been thoroughly tested under all conditions. It works ok for me but winXP is much more forgiving with many things like this.
he says he can see the problem even in start menu.
I don't have such problems with my i5 win7.

I think the channel cpu-saver is the most important... Its ok to use the cpu when you are playing the game, but having it use 100% just sitting in the channel is silly.
I see, i'll release the fix with cpu saver splitted between game and chat and game part disabled by default...

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 07:47:44 AM »
Some thoughts about Timer plugin.

What about to get rid of 'seconds' and use game Ticks instead?

Of course keeping screen updates same every real second or so on, but display value='game Ticks', not time seconds.
That have much more sense:

1. Then we can straight and clearly compare 'timings' on different speeds - must be same for game Ticks, not depending on useless 'real time seconds'.

2. That may solve "on pause mode" problem, that must not be counted on game timer.

ps: whoever need to check 'real seconds' for some reason, can use warvideo already.
or just set up real timer nearby :)