Author Topic: FINALLYY EVERY 1 NEEDS THIS  (Read 18305 times)

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
FINALLYY EVERY 1 NEEDS THIS
« on: June 21, 2019, 12:00:29 AM »
FINALLYYY THANKS TO LAMBCHOP ..

u can now see the map inside the lobby room waiting for game

also if u press f2 itll toggle allied color so all ur allies an enemies are red/blue on mini map

3rd ... it has a timer on the mini map so u know how long game has gone on

4th .. u can see how much wood each of ur peons have by clicking on it.. hihglight the peon an u will see a green bar below that indicates how fulll it is on carrying wood

this is the link .. once again thankkkk youuuuuuu lambchopp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill post screen shots to

=http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2703.msg78016.html#msg78016]http://=http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2703.msg78016.html#msg78016]=http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2703.msg78016.html#msg78016
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:49:42 PM by Qanon »

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: FINALLYY EVERY 1 NEEDS THIS
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:01:04 AM »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 07:51:09 AM »
thankkkk youuuuuuu lambchopp!!!

YW mate. Thanks for testing and for putting the word out on discord.

Not much point in advertizing it here though. Apart from ec, the last 5 and a half people still using this forum either couldn't be bothered installing it, couldn't be bothered letting me know that they did or decided on some reason to turn their noses up at it or just flat out complain. Their loss.

The lobby map plugin is a great idea (I think it was your idea IIRC). I really think it has improved my game by letting me study the map and think of strats before each game, even with maps I already know pretty well it really helps lock it all in.

Enjoy. I hope it enriches your wc2 games.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:58:41 PM »
ya blizz should of hired lamb in their '2d' department..zelya,fios i can pretty much make a team for them.

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 06:26:43 PM »
lamb i been enjoying the fuckkk out of this shit... and the fact that u made it a plug in system people can juss addd plug ins as they go god thats genius man its like revolutionary lol this alon made me wan play more .. now i can host my maps an spread the word hey u wana know what ur playing download lambs new plug in system an u can see the maps in the lobby jus like wc3 does it ... an i know theres much more good things to come out of this.. thanks again lamb i been using it for 3 days so far everything has been great! ...

ps lmk if u got any plug ins to test out id be happy to

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
@Lambchops  can u add a apm plug in? a request from sum people they dont wnaa change cuz of it

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 06:08:02 AM »
i been using it for 3 days so far everything has been great! ...

ps lmk if u got any plug ins to test out id be happy to

Awesome  :) Thanks for your help and support.

@Lambchops  can u add a apm plug in? a request from sum people they dont wnaa change cuz of it

AFAIK the plugin framework is totally compatible with War2Observe (which has the APM counter). IIRC iL's ploader automatically loads observe at startup (I think?).

Anyway you can still use the ploader or run observe seperately. Or have people been having issues? First I've heard of it. I suppose I could build an APM counter but I try not to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to... life's too short.

Offline Qanon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 11:08:49 AM »
@Ring62  it was a question asked... so its answerd then u can still see apm ring

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 08:17:25 AM »
@Ring62  it was a question asked... so its answerd then u can still see apm ring

I don't usually use observe. I did a quick test and it seemed to be working ok, but please let me know if there are any compatability issues for you and I will look into it further :)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
i like all of the ideas except able to see how close to getting wood a peon is. kinda hackish imo.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 05:55:06 AM »
i like all of the ideas except able to see how close to getting wood a peon is. kinda hackish imo.

Yeah I'm yet to hear any reasoned argument against it, apart from "it's not in the original interface".

I can see no reason why you wouldn't/shouldn't know that one peon has chopped more than another. IMO It is a missing feature in the original interface. Why shouldn't we improve the game instead of just saying "it's old so it will die out"?

But glad to hear you like the rest of the mods :) You can of course opt not to use the chop bars mod if you want.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »
it's a big deal at higher levels.. especially on classic maps. resource management is definitely one of the top 3 skills that make top players top players. they're constantly pulling peons from gold to wood, back from wood to gold.. typically they have to create temporary memory banks in their head and monitor all peons "ok i just saw these 2 peons start chopping recently.. they're early in their chop phase.. i'll pull them from wood to gold since i need gold right now"  .. that's a real thing. thats what good players do. they don't just pull peons off wood. they pull the ones they believe to be the newest to chopping wood, and let the ones further in the chopping cycle alone.

imagine if they didnt have to monitor that (which takes time) and were 100% right all of the time about which peons are best to pull from wood to gold... compared to someone who was using educated guesses. especially in close games.

it's a hack for sure

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
While the rest of the features are nice, tk is right about the chopping feature. a chop feature which tells you how many chops are left gives you a direct advantage against those who don't use it and can win you a game as a result to perfect management compared to their lack of perfect management.  Resource management is a huge deal in not just warcraft 2, but all RTS. For warcraft 2 in particular, chopping wood requires more skill then chopping wood in other RTS like warcraft 3, and age of empires/mythology as you can simply return your lumber to your town center even if you just chopped the tree once.

RTS games are a battle of seconds, and this feature in particular will help give you those extra seconds of an advantage against an evenly matched player not using it to get your upgrades first and win more frequently.

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 01:16:24 AM »
Totally agree

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 08:10:17 AM »
Sure. I know it is useful .... so use it.

I'm still not hearing an argument as to why it shouldn't be part of the interface. Should we never improve the game?

Actually having had it for a while now, TBH I don't actually use it a lot. Occasionally I will notice 2 peons chopping the one tree so I will move the one that has chopped less, but stopping and making that decision takes a second or two, depending on what else is happening that may not be a good use of time simply for a 50% chance that you will get 100 wood maybe a couple of seconds earlier.

And I've actually noticed that in that situation most often the 2 peons are very close to the same number of chops, so it doesn't make any real difference which one you move, and you would be better off just grabbing one at random.

There is no argument that it technically allows more information so there is a small advantage (real or imagined), but what is the argument that it should not be part of the interface?

Not "because I don't have it" if you can't be bothered installing it that's on you, not a valid reason why the game should never be improved.