Author Topic: Not at one year anniversary yet!  (Read 6249 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Not at one year anniversary yet!
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »
The American server has been blessed with many new and old faces joining in to play the best game ever made!

I would like to thank all the people who have been a part of the joy of Warcraft 2 with us!

If you're new to Warcraft 2 or questioning whether Warcraft 2 is right for you, you are invited to come to the place where new players are treated like human beings and where everyone is just having fun and laughs.

Thank you to the wonderful Pioneers and fans of Warcraft 2!!

Thanking the Pioneers of War2USA, the Future of Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness - YouTube

War2USA is also home of Warcraft 2 International World Champion 2019 after June 11th Special Event open to all Warcraft 2 players in the world.

We look forward to many more exciting events and contests in the future.

The land of love and happiness awaits you.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Not at one year anniversary yet!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 07:36:24 AM »
if its so great why aren't you talking about it on your own forum

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 08:35:54 AM »
yes, i really glad to see BabyShark is back here!
but sad to see our forum as a spam-playground for stealing our community...
Not quite good to have splitting the community.

I'd be happy to act together with each other, but now that looks like usa acts against ru, isn't it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:42:52 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:55:49 AM »
yes, i really glad to see BabyShark is back here!
but sad to see our forum as a spam-playground for stealing our community...
Not quite good to have splitting the community.

I'd be happy to act together with each other, but now that looks like usa acts against ru, isn't it?

I've never touched ru server. I offered to affiliate with you all but you choose different. If you consider giving shoutouts to active player war2 players spam you may want to reconsider.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 11:12:43 PM »
Couldn't agree more IL and have no idea why we stand for it. Laziness? Ignorance?

Anyone else see anything wrong with this SS? Wtf are we doing people!??!?!?!?!?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
Couldn't agree more IL and have no idea why we stand for it. Laziness? Ignorance?

Anyone else see anything wrong with this SS? Wtf are we doing people!??!?!?!?!?
Loyalty.
I appreciate everything Tupac and BabyShark made for our server and our community on .ru
I'd be glad to see them here. I don't want them to get out.

But promoting war2usa here looks unsporting as for me:
As i understand, the main reason war2usa appeared in its current form as a project against war2.ru:
Both admins Tupac and BabyShark went away from ru because they hate .ru team, they created their own project "not so biassed and toxic as .ru"
And now they came to use .ru to promote their server and steal .ru community.

Good for them, bad for us.
I don't welcome our collaboration in that form.

At the same time maybe both projects could have mutually beneficial future?
war2usa uses many .ru resources: combat, some other services like ss, they give links to .ru articles and forums. I don't see a big problem with that, many .ru resources are really the best.
But stealing our community is not welcomed activity. And using our forum to promote unfriendly server is not welcomed activity. That is how i see that.

@BabyShark, let's think about collaboration between our servers to make it useful for everybody!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 11:37:31 PM »
Looks like the server for the biggest noobs to ever play this game. Maybe RU should update the client so when a newb is banned/booted from a pro game he is automatically kicked off the server and connected to the USA server  :thumbsup:

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 03:49:15 AM »
Looks like the server for the biggest noobs to ever play this game. Maybe RU should update the client so when a newb is banned/booted from a pro game he is automatically kicked off the server and connected to the USA server  :thumbsup:
Its funny, they are making w2 Festival,  any player  from ru   tier1 shoudnt  lost single game vs them
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 05:44:28 AM »

I'm sure the USA server would 100% love that arrangement too.

Seriously, that attitude is the reason this game is dying out, I'm amazed there's anyone left who still doesn't get that. Even if it's a joke it's still the dumbest joke I've heard in a while, the most successful server is the one that is attracting the most noobs DUH, and right now USA is winning.

If USA attracts 10 new people per year and everyone on RU sits around touching themselves and bragging about how awesomely T1 they are then in 5 years time:

USA : has 60+ players (and growing)
RU   : has a handfull of wankers

iL is not stupid. He knows this, that's why he's trying to attract new players (of course). Anyone who is still even joking about kicking/banning noobs has a VERY limited imagination.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »
^^Truthfully i doubt most of the player base cares where the game is hosted. People who play war2 20-30 hours a week want to play with the best players. The point Koorb was trying to make was war2usa is a “newb” server.

Most people don’t actually care about growing war2. They only care about entertaining themselves. If and when pros do start playing on Tupac’s server I will be curious to see if censorship will ensue when players start to trash talk each other.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
Seriously, that attitude is the reason this game is dying out,

This game is dying out because it’s over 25 years old and is only supported by a couple people. Kids play ps4, fortenight, and xbox. Try getting a 12 year old to play war2. Let me know how that goes.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
Seriously, that attitude is the reason this game is dying out,

This game is dying out because it’s over 25 years old and is only supported by a couple people. Kids play ps4, fortenight, and xbox. Try getting a 12 year old to play war2. Let me know how that goes.

Millions of people click around on online javascript arcade game pages every day looking for something to do. Of those millions, I'm sure at the very least 100 people a day would play wc2 if it was in front of them.

Shit like THIS gets played all the time by lots of people. People play games. People play good games with simple graphics. People play really bad games with aweful graphics.

No we're not going to get millions of pro gamers to come from playing the latest stuff to here, but there would be easily hundreds if not thousands of people in the world who would play WC2 if it was in front of them.

So I reject your premise.

The problem is every time a new person arrives, some arrogant pea-brain trash talks them and bans them from games, so they leave DUH. Wouldn't you?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »
^^Truthfully i doubt most of the player base cares where the game is hosted. People who play war2 20-30 hours a week want to play with the best players.

No. I really don't. I want to play with people who's company I enjoy. Some of those people are very good players.

The point Koorb was trying to make was war2usa is a “newb” server.

Exactly... and that's what winning looks like. 1-0

Most people don’t actually care about growing war2. They only care about entertaining themselves.

Disagree. The loudest shit-talkers only care about themselves, but I don't think that's the majority.

If and when pros do start playing on Tupac’s server I will be curious to see if censorship will ensue when players start to trash talk each other.

My guess is they would get kicked from games, then auto bot-banned when they started up in the channel. You're forgetting there is already a friendly culture in place, everyone is laughing and having a good time. Your trash-talking pro would stand out like a fart in church.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 09:58:44 AM »
Noobs (newcomers) is our future. Children.
Pros (playing 25 years) is our past.

Society is alive when there is lots of children there, and when children get experience from old.

Our children from 2015-2016 grew up and going to become old soon.

We need many newcomers with different skills in game. Some of them will go out, but several will grow up and they be a new generation.

^^Truthfully i doubt most of the player base cares where the game is hosted. People who play war2 20-30 hours a week want to play with the best players. The point Koorb was trying to make was war2usa is a “newb” server.
Most of old players don't care where to host. They care whom they play with.
Also, most newcomers don't care whom to play with, their main part is to join somewhere and see many people online.

Most people don’t actually care about growing war2. They only care about entertaining themselves. If and when pros do start playing on Tupac’s server I will be curious to see if censorship will ensue when players start to trash talk each other.
That would be interesting to see how BabyShark will handle trash-talking on her server if old trash-talking pros will join her. I'd say they will go away most likely, to keep their trash-talk anywhere else. So BabyShark will loose part of community. Or she will just relax and let people do what whey want. Or she become as biassed as our "so bad" .ru admins and even worse. As she had not be able to find consensus with .ru team.

Game is dying because it's old, it's a natural process: everything and everybody in our world have it's birth and it's death. War2 also.
But that process could depend on us: if we attract newcomers, let them get experience from olds, then the community will grow up.
If we ban newcomers, making them problems with server and gaming, they will leave and community will die.

Ragner saw war2 at the 1-st time when he was 4. He joined the server when he was 11. Now he sufficiently improved his skills and maybe he is going to become #1 in ladder.

Last months russian community makes a big job for attracting newcomers. Mostly russian newcomers as we know russian better than others.
Russian-spoken team just have no forces to attract people speaking other languages.
Let everyone of our active war2 players attract newcomers from your nationality or who you can attract! That will help the community to grow up more and more.
I am against splitting the community as Tupac & BabyShark do now with their server, as they get 8-15 people on one server and 15-30 on another at the same time. Why we need that splitting if we could let them all play together?
BabyShark should attract people not to usa or ru, but into our common community. Splitting to servers should be just nominal ant technical and not touch our newcomers.

That is what i want for future of war2.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:06:45 AM by iL »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 11:22:20 AM »
Ragner saw war2 at the 1-st time when he was 4. He joined the server when he was 11. Now he sufficiently improved his skills and maybe he is going to become #1 in ladder.

Really? I didn't know he was so young. That's awesome :) No wonder he got so good.

I was nearly 30 when BNE came out = no hope for me lol