Author Topic: there are some in the community trying to get me my admin back  (Read 2666 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
thanks but i dont want it.... no reason to piss off 2-3 admins who clearly don't want me to have it... and if i was going to get it, it should have happened like 5 years ago.

but admins held grudges because i spoke my mind about their inability to give any support on the server itself. and it cost the community a lot of users... and still is.

i offered anyone $500 to fix hosting. if it works, fois will get paid... but that's the most im doing for this server any more. i considered spending a few hundred more on advertising the server after it was implemented, but for what? so new users can come to a server with essentially no support on the server itself (maybe with the exception of warbux now that he's admin)

would have been infinitely easier to retain the users we had 4-5 years ago (while still building the user base in small ways) than giving me admin now after we're down to like 30 active gow players and 20 active chop players.

appreciate the people who are gunning for me.. the people who realize what i brought to the table as an admin years ago server side.. but if i were to get it, it would be the same old shit repeating itself.

but even as im typing this, i know there are admins trying to convince il not to give it to me.. because i called them out years ago(They're using different reasons for it.. but they're b.s. reasons.. the reality is their plain and simple mad i called them out when i left admin years ago). so there's a very real chance i never would have got it to begin with.

I just hope someone who is emotionally stable and has a vision steps up and starts a new server ... fresh blood with fresh ideas.. and not a shitty attitude like "well its a 20 year old game so its not my fault it's dying"

glhf
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:36:26 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: there are some in the community trying to get me my admin back
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »
side note.. i will continue to say things like "TK FOR ADMIN!"  ... but that's just fucking around.

we're on a sinking ship here on .ru ... and unless iL makes some really hard decisions that piss some people close to him off... it'll continue sinking for the next 2-3 years until the server is just a memory we all have

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 08:01:46 PM »
ofc it is blizzard is back..most of us are over 30 how long we gonna last couple years
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:05:44 PM by easycompany »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
blizzard has released war2 its the only official one..bet thing is to fix gog..just casue someone ran teh server after blizzard they have the rights.

but no young people are coming how long can a bunch of 30+ keep a game going..not long
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:09:16 PM by easycompany »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »
me and burnt proved it was possible to get new users to the server. we advertised. they came. (at the time we jumped from like 80 users to 120 users online)  .. but they couldnt host and had little to no support on the server itself.

the "people dont want to play 20 year old games any more" statement is simply not true. its a cop out. a statement made by people too lazy to get them here. some do want to play a 20 year old game.. older and younger people. ragner for example is 16. ~knight~ is 13.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 08:15:29 PM »
just today there was a 17 year old boy at my house watching me play.. very interested in the game.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 08:15:37 PM »
burnts not here niether is mousey

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:16:19 PM »
People like good games. War2 is a good game. But what they don't like is coming to a server and having issues right off the bat... and having little to no support to resolve those issues.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 08:16:59 PM »
im not sure what mousey is doing or what name she is using.. but she's here.

and ive seen traces of burnt around as well.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 12:30:05 AM »
im giving you the other games treatment im just gonna smoke ya ass as long as im alive

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 12:32:24 AM »
Wnhoever easycompany is, should be barred from posting. He posts useless shit all the time trying to be funny. This is not a funny thread. Very serious things have been said in this thread and deserves our notice.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 12:34:33 AM »
bar me see if i care i see yall taking this game for granted

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 01:04:29 AM »
Tk[as] for admin!!

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 01:26:58 AM »
Whats the story with your admin stint tk? I wasnt around at that time. Why were you removed/left on your own?