Author Topic: The next War2Combat releasing soon by iL  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
The next War2Combat releasing soon by iL
« on: July 08, 2019, 04:50:39 PM »
and i have had the privledge to do some work with the maps an map directories .. the reason i want every 1 on the same page wit the new war2combat is not only jus for every 1 will be using the AH.. not only every 1 will have lambs new plug in system where you can see the maps in the game lobby.. which is huge for me cuz im a map maker.. but because i got the chance to add alot of really great maps to this update... maps that were made from alot of our players.. and some of these maps are ladder able...

so if people get the update they wont have to join a game an see a downloading map because it will already be in there directory they will have the map .. and with lambs plug in they can see the map in the lobby an say "ok this is not a bad map" cuz god knows we all had our share of joining random games with random maps an the maps were str8 shit because alot of people have no concept on making a good map .. but u get that rare occasion where a player does make a good map an he cant get no 1 to play it or try it because they been so use to playing shitty random maps ....

with the new update they can see the map inside the game lobby they dont have to downlaod the map because its with the new update already .. its hugeee it gives new players a shot at playing because there are no pros to these maps theres no cook book strats where they get gayed in the begining of the game an there dead in 10 seconds they actually have a chance
i cant wait for the new war2 to release an i hope every one has it because i think it would create more games in our community with it

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 04:52:57 PM by Warbux »

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: The next War2Combat releasing soon by iL
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
PLAYED SUM OF UR MAPS
NORMALLY I WOULDNT PROBABLY BOTHER, BUT LAMBS MINIMAP PLUGIN MAKES NEW MAPS VERY ENJOYABLE. GEWD IDEA TO RELEASE MAPPACK AND THE MINIMAP PLUGIN TOGETHER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
there are some really talented map makers i reached out to .. added there maps to these updates an they are damn good maps ... wait til yall see the new directoriessss

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
Do you know what else is going to be changed or upgraded in this update? Is there any interest other than from me for the built in ladder/iornman thing to be fixed and moderated properly? Or should i drop it?

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »
Do you know what else is going to be changed or upgraded in this update? Is there any interest other than from me for the built in ladder/iornman thing to be fixed and moderated properly? Or should i drop it?

ill get u info on it

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 07:57:42 PM »

from what i heard the server stopped working when the ladder was enabled so they have to find the cause of the problem befor they can fix it but for now no ladder because it will crash the server

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »
Ok

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 03:02:10 AM »
Ok
what do u think if the ladder.war2.ru was reseted every 6 months to give other people a chance to come back an play an work up the ranks??? kinda like league of legends every time the shit resets masses come back to plau an work there way up

Offline Eur0trash

• Peon
  • Lickmyanal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »
Ok
what do u think if the ladder.war2.ru was reseted every 6 months to give other people a chance to come back an play an work up the ranks??? kinda like league of legends every time the shit resets masses come back to plau an work there way up

Then the whole idea breaks up
Eat My puzz

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 12:43:03 PM »
I dont think taking a break solves anything really. My idea in my other thread was to have seasons like the old bnet ladder, and then have tourneys off of seasons previous top 5s etc. But even looking at the top 10 of your ladder now, its a pretty sad list. Spb and brav are only decent players, everyone else ive never even heard of.

Maybe we just dont have the player base anymore to do anything with a ladder. Plus tourneys in the past were always hosted on sundays, which i never play on sundays.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 01:17:26 PM »
i have had the privledge to do some work with the maps an map directories .

Excellent.

Nice to see 'Mr. Bean' there. Excellent Nedro map, also 'Zones' is a must have. I'm also a fan of 'Party at Midnight' - that can be a really interesting 1s or 2s map.

... and ofc I expect you will be including a few of you own too :)

good to break out of the GOW box, I like it - but not all day every day.

BTW have been working on the game/chat log plugin. Working ok so far. Logs game start&end times/pud/players/in game chat ....even the subtitles if you want.

Still have to add the squelch feature, which is pretty easy on its own, but also need to allow for config somehow (maybe an .ini file idk). Need to be able to select a couple of things like maybe an option to log squelched chat but not display it in game. Log or suppress subtitles etc. Maybe an in-game commands to squelch the last person who typed, or turn it on/off etc.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 10:40:14 PM »
i have had the privledge to do some work with the maps an map directories .

Excellent.

Nice to see 'Mr. Bean' there. Excellent Nedro map, also 'Zones' is a must have. I'm also a fan of 'Party at Midnight' - that can be a really interesting 1s or 2s map.

... and ofc I expect you will be including a few of you own too :)

good to break out of the GOW box, I like it - but not all day every day.

BTW have been working on the game/chat log plugin. Working ok so far. Logs game start&end times/pud/players/in game chat ....even the subtitles if you want.

Still have to add the squelch feature, which is pretty easy on its own, but also need to allow for config somehow (maybe an .ini file idk). Need to be able to select a couple of things like maybe an option to log squelched chat but not display it in game. Log or suppress subtitles etc. Maybe an in-game commands to squelch the last person who typed, or turn it on/off etc.

woah woahhhh lamb whats this ur workin on ? i wana test it!! lol

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
woah woahhhh lamb whats this ur workin on ? i wana test it!! lol

@Warbux Ok.

This is still very simple but I only worked on it for a few hours last night.

It makes a text file in your WC2 folder for each day - like today's is called "W2Log20190710.txt".

Each game you play is logged like:

Code: [Select]
Tue 2019/07/09-15:13:17 - Game Start
Pigs n' Beans BNE.pud
Account: Lambchops
Other Players:
Sepi
PeonInTheToilet
Sepi: hm
Sepi: u two 1v1
Lambchops: damn
PeonInTheToilet: i built
Sepi: ill be making zeppelins and i show u the map :D

... /snip/...

Not enough lumber...chop more trees.
Sepi: any thoughts on the map?
We're under attack!
Training Complete
We're under attack!
Building Destroyed
Building Destroyed
Building Destroyed
Work Complete
Lambchops: yeah
Lambchops: anyway
We're under attack!
Lambchops: that should do something
Lambchops: cool looking map
Lambchops: :P
Lambchops: gg
Tue 2019/07/09-15:24:36 - Game End

That was a test game - yes I got destroyed lol. Thanks to the other players.

Times are UTC - YYYY/MM/DD

Still doesn't log server messages (i.e. /w /m etc.)

Have to go to work now, I'll do more on it later

--- edit ---

I got a crash from that version .... was getting passed a bad player number for some reason.

Have updated it with a safer version....

Still in development so only use if you're interested.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:49:35 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »
ok sweeettt ill lyk how it goes dling now

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 07:18:13 PM »
This is still very simple but I only worked on it for a few hours last night.

It makes a text file in your WC2 folder for each day - like today's is called "W2Log20190710.txt".

Each game you play is logged like:
Nice!
Why not to save /w /m? Technical or privacy reasons? I'd say would be good to save them too, as everyone saves it to himself. Could be easily edited before sharing if required.

Also, would be interesting to log the time of each message.

Not sure why, but i just remembered .srt-format: https://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/subtitles/srt.html
Maybe to make subtitles for video or w/e?..
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.