War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Warcraft II Config program 138  3

Peon Posts: 37 Karma: +10/-0 **

fois

• Peon
    • View Profile
Warcraft II Config program
« on: July 12, 2019, 01:00:41 AM »
Just put this together quickly. Didn't test it too much, if you find a bug then let me know.

Just copy it into the game folder, then run it to configure you rendering settings. (Will add more settings later..)

Please post here if you know about any settings that should be added. Warbux suggested to add the "cpu saver" plugin, I still have to check how the plugins work...
Ogre Posts: 1289 Karma: +77/-0 *******

Lambchops

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft II Config program
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 09:47:11 AM »
Cool idea. Looks nice.  :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't test it because my wc2 box is an oldskool XP32, and the config needs .NET, but it should be very useful for people using new OS.

Server Admin Grunt Posts: 95 Karma: +8/-0 *****

Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 05:20:44 PM »
so when i switch to open gl it said... the process cannot access the file c:\war2combat\ddraw.dll because it is being ued by another process... should i take my draw out?
Peon Posts: 37 Karma: +10/-0 **

fois

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
Cool idea. Looks nice.  :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't test it because my wc2 box is an oldskool XP32, and the config needs .NET, but it should be very useful for people using new OS.

Yeah on XP you'll have to install .NET 2.0 manually, on vista/7/8/10 you don't have to do anything though.

You can get it here if needed http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/6/7/567758a3-759e-473e-bf8f-52154438565a/dotnetfx.exe

so when i switch to open gl it said... the process cannot access the file c:\war2combat\ddraw.dll because it is being ued by another process... should i take my draw out?

Make sure you don't have the game running, otherwise it can't replace the ddraw.dll cause the game is using it