Author Topic: Warcraft II Config program  (Read 52728 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft II Config program
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »
Update: Fixed a bug with multi monitor setups where the cursor wasn't locked to the primary screen anymore after alt+tab

Note: Make sure you open the config program and select your renderer again, then press ok (Otherwise it won't update the ddraw)

I got this probleme, how to fix it?
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
Update: Fixed a bug with multi monitor setups where the cursor wasn't locked to the primary screen anymore after alt+tab

Note: Make sure you open the config program and select your renderer again, then press ok (Otherwise it won't update the ddraw)

I got this probleme, how to fix it?

Get the latest war2 config from the first post, extract it into your game folder and overwrite the old one and then start it and press ok so it can update the files

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 06:56:10 PM »
Updated with a few new display modes for upscaling.
OpenGL / Direct3D 9 will now detect when a player joins battle.net and automatically switch to windowed mode while battle.net is open (it will switch back to fullscreen when you join a game).
Tooltips were added in English and Russian (translated by iL)

this one?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 08:14:53 AM »
OpenGL / Direct3D 9 will now detect when a player joins battle.net and automatically switch to windowed mode while battle.net is open (it will switch back to fullscreen when you join a game).

this one?

Nope, you don't have to change any settings, it's enough if you just copy the new config program in and the press ok (it will then update the files)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 01:36:31 PM »
Is there ddraw that could be use for other Blizzard game such as Starcraft?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
Is there ddraw that could be use for other Blizzard game such as Starcraft?

Yeah you can also use Warcraft II Config for starcraft 1, diablo 1 and diablo 2... but only the opengl and direct3d renderer will work for these games.

Latest version of starcraft and latest version of diablo 2 are not using directdraw anymore so you can't use it for these, older versions work fine though.

A lot other games are working too, here are some examples:

Command & Conquer Gold
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Carmageddon
Carmageddon 2
Warcraft 2
StarCraft
Diablo
Diablo 2
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II
Theme Hospital
Populous: The Beginning
Outlaws
Dungeon Keeper
Dark Reign: The Future of War
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Atomic Bomberman
Dune 2000
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Commandos
Red Baron 3D
F-16 Multirole Fighter
F-22 Raptor
Nox
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:47:12 PM by fois »

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 02:54:24 PM »
Can I disable the automatic windowed mode in battle.net so it's always fullscreen?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »
Can I disable the automatic windowed mode in battle.net so it's always fullscreen?

Right now that's not possible with OpenGL / Direct3D 9, you would have to use the GDI renderer for that.

Are you sure you actually really need OpenGL / Direct3D 9? The main advantage of these two renderers is that both of them fix the laggy cursor (input lag) on windows 8+10. If you don't mind the input lag then GDI is just fine.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »

Right now that's not possible with OpenGL / Direct3D 9, you would have to use the GDI renderer for that.

Are you sure you actually really need OpenGL / Direct3D 9? The main advantage of these two renderers is that both of them fix the laggy cursor (input lag) on windows 8+10. If you don't mind the input lag then GDI is just fine.

The problem with GDI for me is that it doesn't display the game (or just cursor not sure) in 144fps but (30?)fps, and i'm so spoiled by smooth cursor of 144hz display I can't stand laggy cursor of 60hz monitors anymore lol. If there is some way to change GDI to display 144hz then it should be fine too.

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
@fois

Yeah sorry, I still need to check how often the game is redrawing the cursor (Might have to patch it...)

You can use the new version I made a couple months ago for now, this one does at least fix the input lag and also has the frame rate limiter removed

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 03:14:30 AM »
I dont know if you can work on this, but here an idea for a future patch..

I know that when we use two screens that the mouse lock in the game and you cant switch to the second screen just with your mouse without alt tab.

Maybe you can try to fix that, i see in some 2020 games thats the mouse lock on first screen when your IN GAME, but it delock when you are on the lobby channel and you can switch to the second screen with only your mouse !

Dont know if it's possible with an old game like that, thank you.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:18:03 AM by Equinox »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2020, 08:45:27 PM »
I dont know if you can work on this, but here an idea for a future patch..

I know that when we use two screens that the mouse lock in the game and you cant switch to the second screen just with your mouse without alt tab.

Maybe you can try to fix that, i see in some 2020 games thats the mouse lock on first screen when your IN GAME, but it delock when you are on the lobby channel and you can switch to the second screen with only your mouse !

Dont know if it's possible with an old game like that, thank you.

Yeah I will add that, one of the ddraws already got something like this but I didn't update it for war2 yet

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 07:52:04 PM »
@8)MikulZ(8

Do you still need a high refresh cursor? I got something done and need testers :P

Edit: made a dedicated thread for it: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6190.new.html#new
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:16:35 PM by fois »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 07:55:03 AM »
Updated the config program with the latest version of both ddraws.

war2 ddraw changelog:

Does now fully support the Hardware cursor plugin: https://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6190.0.html (AdjustMouseSensitivity=Yes)
Maximize button can now integer upscale the window size (MaximizeScaleX=2)
Saving window size on game exit can now be disabled (SaveSettings=No)
When switching between game/bnet windows it does now remember the window positions properly

cnc-ddraw changelog
Does now fully support the Hardware cursor plugin: https://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6190.0.html (adjmouse=true)
Maximize button is working now

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:03:34 AM by fois »