War2.ru Slogan
News: There's a new version of War2Observe that fixes the crash issue,
download from the downloads page today!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Alaunter, act I. First unofficial campaign for Warcraft II released! (rus only) 2195  25

Peon Posts: 18 Karma: +0/-0 **

Oragorn

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Alaunter, act I. First unofficial campaign for Warcraft II released! (rus only)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »
ok had error in mission 11 w2 crashed  "error titlest"
Hm Not once did we all have nothing to crash. Can I find out more? What computer, what system, under what circumstances crash and what actions were performed)
better with photos or even better with video ... we will be grateful! :peon:[/font][/size]
Ogre Posts: 1004 Karma: +50/-1 *******

Szwagier

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Alaunter, act I. First unofficial campaign for Warcraft II released! (rus only)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 03:14:26 PM »
I killed yellow and yellow, i took second gold mine and started fight vs blue

2019 07 31 21 13 52 - YouTube

13 mission  3 hours

https://ifotos.pl/z/qseaaas

anyway its a bit unfair special in last mission when player got only 160k vs 400k/400k/400k/637k

Oragorn

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »

Thank you I simulated a situation in myself - and the truth is a crash. It will be necessary to treat.
This is all because of the non-standard wall. It is when you destroy it - the game crashes.
Fix it!  :peon:
Death Knight Posts: 3354 Karma: +81/-2 retired, be in music section *********

easycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »
how many people do you have helping? id take 1 person to help me mess off in the war2.exe..freeing up what we possibly can... then ask lamb/'a pro' some questions to get more.

Szwagier

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 03:42:32 PM »

Thank you I simulated a situation in myself - and the truth is a crash. It will be necessary to treat.
This is all because of the non-standard wall. It is when you destroy it - the game crashes.
Fix it!  :peon:

I just made right click,  anyway why you made this wall ....  for what?

Oragorn

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 03:18:26 AM »
I just made right click,  anyway why you made this wall ....  for what?

It was a small plot for the second act.
If we are going to translate into English anyway, then along with the fix :)  :peon:

By the way, maybe there are people here who are ready in English to voice briefings, and maybe even heroes and archers?

Szwagier

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 02:14:05 AM »
Ok finished yesterday, 2 last missions only air, since teal stuck in rocks
I suggest make new ai, I can also help with it, would be nice if ai will make something diffrent that attack in the same time with 5 gryphs each other

Last mission cause no space red stuck, teal stuck after upgarde to keep
If you make map you need enough space for ai to make their base

Did you edit gryphons?

Also if you give ai keep/castle you need remember ai will make another hall and upgarde there hall into keep/castle on new goldmine if they got to make keep/castle

Oragorn

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 05:30:03 AM »
 :peon: Thank you for completing the campaign! The 14th mission was not conceived as very difficult. The most difficult is the 13th.

In general, all the complexity in the campaign is subject to its "laws." That is, in fact, the complexity is the same as originally conceived in the 14th year (yes, yes, the campaign comes out twice, only this time with normal exe, and not just maps for the campaign ...).

This is the first such project, and I wanted to leave as much of the old project as possible.
If you are not embarrassed, and if you have time and desire, I invite you to help with the second part of the campaign, which we will begin to do immediately after translating the campaign into English ... (at the moment, the translator is going through the campaign itself, hehe)
Griffins were exchanged for tactics from the 14th human mission of the original somewhere ...

Szwagier

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 06:37:34 AM »
I can help with ai making and testing ai, but you need know what you want to do from ai player
Ogre Posts: 1408 Karma: +80/-1 *******

Lambchops

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »
Any chance of an english translation yet?

If you do the basic google-translate thing, I'm happy to fix any grammer/phrasing stuff etc.

Administrator Ogre Posts: 1352 Karma: +126/-9 *****

iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre
    • View Profile

iL

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »
Any chance of an english translation yet?

If you do the basic google-translate thing, I'm happy to fix any grammer/phrasing stuff etc.
Translation is on stage "in plans".
There are 3 parts of translation required as i understand:

1. to replace 100500 small strings in .tbl-files or w/e. Big job for team who knows how the project made and what need to be changed.

2. to translate texts. To make good and beautiful art translation.
We need to keep style of the text some way. Google-translate will keep common sense (after several manual fixes), but we will loose literary translation.
Also need literary editor (to fix bad expressions of speech), proofreader (to fix broken grammar).

That is the problem. One of russians knows english good to make literary translation, but he will be offline till the end of month...

Maybe we can try google-translate and your editing, but not sure about the text quality and similarity...

3. voices for heroes, briefings and videos, also subtitles in videos. Not a priority task at all, should be released after text translation of everything