Author Topic: Alaunter, act I. First unofficial campaign for Warcraft II released! (rus only)  (Read 20402 times)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
FTP has fallen, we’ll fix it soon (and next time an alternative download link will appear)   
working...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 07:43:26 AM by Oragorn »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
 :peon:
The game can be downloaded again!

Alternative link to the game:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BZFlKmUX1TsEeb0bHjDuR14BLFzWz9tG
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 07:42:15 AM by Oragorn »

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I have just played two first missions and like it so far. Nice ideas, high difficulty (well at least for me - I'm not War2 pro gamer). I will try to finish it all and give you some feedback :)

Also, years ago I was working on mod for War2. I can share with you with some sprites for orc wolf raider, Death Knight Turaylon, armored peon, ogre goblinthrower and more. Let me know if these will be useful for you.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
:peon:
Greetings!  :wc2:
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions for help!

If you manage to pass all the missions, we will only be glad :)  :clap:
___
As for the sprites, it would be very helpful! There are very few artists among us, and indeed the team is small.

Now we are developing the second act of the campaign. It is supposed to be much larger and brighter than the first act ... a lot of things have already been embodied, and we can do even more!

And your help, as well as any other, will be incredibly useful! We will be grateful and write about you in the credits :)  :ok_hand:

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hello again  :wc2:

Here I put some sprites from my mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uyj51Y3BJsRYq27nVj8G5UoD-2nRbveW/view?usp=sharing

It's not all I have, but rest looks bad so I won't upload them :D
I'm a programmer, not an artist, so most sprites are based on existing War2 sprites, but in my opinion they looks ok. One sprite was not made by me, it's knight sprite from War2 Alpha (maybe it will fit for hero knight?)

Additionaly I put there my two voice records: for paladin Turalyon and for War3 Captain. I can perform voice acting for your campaigns if you will find my voice good enough  :slight_smile:

If you guys need more sprites you should look for Stratagus forum. There few artists made great and free sprites for Wargus (Wargus is their RTS inspired by War2) and I think they will allow you to use these sprites.

EDIT:

Here is my feedback:
Missions:
  • Nice idea with revolution by Peasants :)
  • It was a hard mission for me because I didn't notice it's a base map and I tried to kill everything only with knights, hero and 1 archer :D Firstly I have destroyed orcish base, next hunt some trolls in the forest and at last after I found Peasants to rescue I saw my resources and Keep nearby :D
  • Beginning was difficult, I had to replay it few times. Later on, after training Mages with Blizzard, mission is quite simple and both AI enemies stopped their progress on Keep.
  • I don't like such labyrinths and I stuck for a while because I had to recall how to do old trick from "Chop" maps :) Easiest map in my opinion. I didn't lose single unit here.
  • Hard mission, but after few tries I finally finished it. Tons of enemy ships and gryphons but there was gold mine with huge amount of gold so with tons of archers and ballista everything is possible ;)
  • I tried like 10 times to beat it until I figure out the only way (won't spoil it for those who haven't played this campaign yet). My favourite map so far but I wish there was some another way to win it.
  • What the hell? :D Very interesting idea but insane at the same time :D Cool mission.
  • That mission is a nightmare. Really. I have tried maybe 20, maybe 30 times and haven't finished it yet. I blocked way to my base with Blacksmith and that stopped Blue AI (his forces stuck on forest) but Green AI has an absolute advantage. Death Knights from beginning, tons of gold, huge base. My plan was to damage one of his building and wait for his Peons to cut his economy but that plan failed - Blue helped him. I don't know how to pass this mission. Maybe with perfect base managing (building with few workers and keeping balance between gathering resources, building and training units at the same time) it is possible to beat but I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough.

EDIT 2:
    I did it. Jesus, that was the most difficult mission I have ever played in War2
    Spoiler

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 04:59:15 AM by Vendar »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Alaunter, act I. First unofficial campaign for Warcraft II released!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 04:59:03 AM »
OU! Sorry for visiting the forum so late!
Thank you for your feedback on the game!
In fact, there were a lot of problems in the game, yes, AI stands apart here, which sometimes dulls. We plan to fix this ... but after the release of the second part of the campaign.
=)

As for your voice, I have no access to the google drive :(
But I would like to collaborate with one of the English speaking comrades!

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
I did it. Jesus, that was the most difficult mission I have ever played in War2
Hehe! This is just the beginning! :)

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hi again, sorry, here is a better link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uyj51Y3BJsRYq27nVj8G5UoD-2nRbveW/view?usp=sharing

Here you will have my voice records and some sprites that I promised to send you from my old mod. Can you download it now?

I did the same trick with Blacksmith :D Nice!

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
I really liked your voice!
Would you like to voice some of the characters from Alounter's first act?
Or are you more interested in the second act?

I also watched the sprites and will take them off in the second act! Even if not all. Thank you very much!

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Great  :slight_smile:

I'm interested in both acts :D I can try multiple characters and you will decide which sounds good. Let me know what quotes and what personalities my characters will have and I will do my best  :chuckisthemuscle:

EDIT:

My progress in Act 1:

Missions:

9.Was more fun than previous labyrinth map, wasn't hard, one moment was tough (red orcish base) but overall that mission was a pure relax after previous one. I think in this map you made two possible paths to reach the goal - nice idea.

Spoiler

10. Mages are back! Free mines with tons of gold so player could easily macro and attack with huge army. That mission was easy and fun  :fro: I'm not sure why orange ally was there. He didn't do anything important, Taine just stand in his base (white was Passive Allied). I just ignored orange and Taine but I think your intention here was different.
Nice one with Karass. He was aggressive and attacked with gryphon hammers. Modified Gul'dan unit, am I right?

Spoiler
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:48:13 AM by Vendar »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Good work guys! Good to see people still doing projects and creating new things for this game we all love.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
:wc2:

My last progress:

11. I had to use tricks I know against AI to deal with this mission. Playing fair was not enough, so I
Spoiler
used Gryphons to damage enemy buildings to lure their workers. Next I was killing workers and damaging building until AI looses all it's gold. That way I deal with green and blue enemy. I'm not sure if that was expected from player.

Spoiler

12. Nothing to note here. Fast and ok mission.

Spoiler

13. For me, that mission was still easier than mission 8, but far more complex. It was difficult, I had to try few times and even slow down my game speed :D to manage Mages one by one (I'm not as fast as you guys :D ) but I did it! There was a lot of  :critter: around me at the end :D

Honestly I am impressed of what you have done here guys. That missions has a lot different gameplay elements like gathering wood with transporting workers, Dwarven Squads, Gryphons, ships, oils... wow! So many things in single map. Nice work guys  :slight_smile:

Spoiler

14. That mission was very easy. I was prepared for a tough battles and making some plans like in previous mission... but it was simple, lol  :))

Spoiler

Nice end credits :D

I would like to share with you with some ideas for next campaigns, maybe you will like it :)
  • AI Ally. I have never seen War2 source code, don't know what you guys are exactly doing (you were changing some splash damage mechanics so probably you did that in War2 original code), so I don't know how difficult it might be, but I think it could be nice to add Ally version of AI. The differences between Ally and Rescue Active:
    1) AI Ally cannot be rescue by player (obviously)
    2) AI Ally treats every player and every other allied AI as it's allies (Rescue Active AIs fights with each other)
    3) AI Ally has a shared vision with player
    It might by interesting for a maps where player shares base with an ally or in case when AI Ally has a huge base and army, plays passive, but if it will be taken/rescued by player it would give advantage over enemy.
  • Unique heroes but still based on normal units. The idea is to give heroes hp regeneration (reuse trolls regeneration mechanic  :slight_smile: ) and one/two skills that normal unit doesn't have. For example: Footman hero might have mana and Fireball and Flame Shields spells (in your story he might be a battlemage or something like that). Mage/Death Knight hero might have doubled mana points, someone else might be faster, etc. Good thing that you make heroes resistanted to Polymorph!
  • Maybe few maps for orcs?  :peon: I was always "for the Horde" :D 

Overall great job guys, it was fun  ^-^
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:52:01 AM by Vendar »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Nice end credits
Did you watch the final video? Otherwise, you can accidentally skip it.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
There 12 hidden secret missions inside alaunter try to complete them. Last 4 of it its another campanign (inside of alaunter campanign yes). All missions very hard. Good luck.

About allied non rescuable AI. I has created it long ago. U will see some in alaunter2.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Nice end credits
Did you watch the final video? Otherwise, you can accidentally skip it.

I saw one video that ends the main story and second video with end credits (where you are rude to Vova :D ). Is there something more?

There 12 hidden secret missions inside alaunter try to complete them. Last 4 of it its another campanign (inside of alaunter campanign yes). All missions very hard. Good luck.

About allied non rescuable AI. I has created it long ago. U will see some in alaunter2.

12 hidden missions? Any tips how to find it?