Author Topic: Choppers already complaining about the chop plugin  (Read 8188 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Choppers already complaining about the chop plugin
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
When you make it a choice if someone wants it or doesnt, its like saying well whoever wants to dl a maphack can, as long as its available to everyone for dl, which it is. Unless these plugins are mandatory in an automatic update, i consider it a cheat/hack.
It's clearly a hack in the literal sense, and it's at least a very minor cheat. Maybe not consequential but the Messiah's grid comparison is a good one.

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
Is there a screenshot of that grid?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 12:31:54 PM »
I don't think so, it's pretty old.  It was quite ugly, it was kind of like an uglier winter/white tileset.  It 1) showed a grid over the map, 2) had "chop lines" on trees indicating where there could be a double chop, 3) turned a gold mine yellow when a peon went into it (normally just the light in the mine turns on).

Lots of people complained about it and called it a hack even though it only showed things already shown in the game, it just highlighted them and made them easier to see and process.

chop meter is clearly unfair vs people that dont have it.  Again, kind of minor, but it's an outside program that gives the user advantageous information they wouldnt have otherwise - wouldnt be able to see at all without the program.  Actually a bigger change than the grid in that respect.  Clearly a low level cheat by the dictionary definition of the word.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:05:26 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 02:03:15 PM »
Blid, what is your view in the topic of mandatory updates including these all these plugins etc? It seems only me and 1 or 2 other users want mandatory updates if it comes to implementing these new plugins and other things. It would only make sense to have everyone using the same version with all the same options for it to not be considering cheating. Am i right?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »
Mandatory update would make the most sense to put everyone on the same playing field, force AH use, and so on.  There would have to be a big community survey and admins would have to consult to decide which things to include (like chop meters).  I don't see any reason really why chop meters should be included in something like that, but if they were, then everyone would have them.  Makes a lot of sense.

That being said I think there's a lot of people that want to be able to use their own preferred version of War2 who wouldn't want to change.  It's a give and take, and if iL is against a universal required version then I'm fine with that.

I don't believe "well you can use it too!" is a valid excuse for using a chop meter/auto-luster/map hack.

Which hacks rise to the level of meriting a ban is another question.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
I think lambchops should be the only player allowed to legally hack. After 20 years of playing, over tens of thousands of games combined on servers played, a below average player can kill him using Flame Shield only as their source of damage, that is a massive headstart to have on someone that is below average before you can actually start taking damage. If we give him the hack pass, he might rise to Raise Skeleton by killing your own units only level.

Bahahahahaha  ;D  :clap: :clap:

Nobody cares. Try creating something.

I guess you've never eaten something bad at a restaurant  because it can't be bad because you're not a chef right? I guess you've never watched a bad movie either because you don't make movies either? Lol, try creating something, yeah you should actually try creating a valid point on why your plugin should be used and accepted rather then getting all butthurt about it whenever someone disagrees with you and editing their quotes.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 10:40:41 PM »
LOL

What a load of pretentious garbage (and all from gow players).

Try creating something.

BTW: A tileset supposedly "indicating where there could be a double chop" just shows a profound lack of knowlege about double-chopping. The whole point is knowing where they will be before other trees have been removed. How utterly noobish.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »
You should actually try creating a valid argument as you clearly have none other then "i can make hax u cant l0l"

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 11:18:13 PM »
You should actually try creating a valid argument as you clearly have none other then "i can make hax u cant l0l"

Mate. It's all been said.

Doing this stuff is many hours of work, every night, and I already have an actual job. There is nothing more to say until there is something more to discuss.

This thread is just tk starting his usual negative shit and attacking someone - this time saying some "choppers said this" as a weak excuse to change the subject from what a destructive influence he is in the community (not to mention a whiney little bitch).

At least tk is a bit better than you because he does it under his in-game name and not some pathetic forum smurf account, that in itself makes your opinion worthless. You are literally a nobody.

There are creative people in the community who are not programmers. Creating something is distinct from just trying to tear down what others have created - that is also what good players do with strategies.

Automatic updates? Great idea. Wait one second while I just snap my fingers and make that happen.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 01:24:59 AM »
Lol, Forum smurf, i don't hide that i'm Praisevivec, Mrlemonade, or Mrlemonade[iS], only reason i have the name winchester is because war2occult didn't approve of PraiseVivec when making a name. And everyone in-game that knows me on here refers to me as Winchester because of the occult so the name sticks.

Also, you called ~oe~ on here a forum smurf when his in game name is ~oldenglish~ and is a very blatantly obvious acronym for his name, you're a 20 year vet who's only flame shield level. I don't expect your smurfometer to be accurate considering below average players can beat you using flame shield only (it ain't swift or u8 doing it mate, you're just that bad that a below average can do it to you).

Creating something is distinct from just trying to tear down what others have created

you got mostly positive feedback for your plugins except for the chop one, Including by TK which you dismissed because you got butthurt that because he wasn't kissing your ass for liking 100% of it, how is he trying to Tear you down by giving you a mostly positive response to the mods? You know what programmers also do? Ask for feedback, you know what just about every successful business does? Ask for feedback. You got 1 negative feedback that wasn't insulting you personally and you got super butthurt about it, and rather YOU kept ( and still are ) changing the subject rather then address the valid feedback, even in your conversation with harrywangs you started off just editing his posts and talking about gow elitists (just like you are now, everyone who doesnt like the plugin is automatically a "gow player" as if its a bad thing) . You're the actual destructive one here mate, but keep telling yourself that tk is when he has a reasonable concern about the mod which you don't care to address the concern. What, do you want him to take Screenshots of the chop community talking  expressing concern about your mod now for you to believe that it just isn't gow players? Aren't alot of the concerns and blatant disinterests by some by the players in this thread enough for you to strike a thought  and think "Maybe they know something I don't?"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 03:29:41 AM by Winchester »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 01:25:12 AM »
What plug in are you talking about?

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 01:25:48 AM »
I like how it's now called a plug in and not a hack BTW, LOL

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 01:41:39 AM »
he made a hack which lets you see how many more chops are left to chop the tree down when you click on one of your peons, amongst other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:47:19 AM by Winchester »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 02:59:42 AM »
So admins are creating hacks now?

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 03:24:36 AM »
So admins are creating hacks now?

Lambchops made it, and tks posting about it, only admin that seems to like it from what i see is warbux