Author Topic: What's the latest news on the next Combat?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
What's the latest news on the next Combat?
« on: August 07, 2019, 06:44:29 AM »
I know we have the fois host fix, lambchops plug ins, and warbux ladder map pack ready, so what is the word on the estimated time for the next Combat release?

This might be the biggest release yet!

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: What's the latest news on the next Combat?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 06:50:07 AM »
MANDATORY AH ALSO?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:11:24 AM »
the fois host fix, lambchops plug ins, and warbux ladder map pack ready
Yes, these 3 things only planned to next combat, to release it quickly.
AH will be the next step (or one of the next steps) as need to rewrite that AH code to make it working effective.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:51:41 PM »
I'm working on an upgrade to the plugin host, when I'm not being distracted by rl or the shenanigans on this forum  :stuck_out_tongue:

Not adding any of the contraversial things that have been discussed (yet).

Today I added a facility to have the client notify the plugin host of the game state when it is changed internally, which was needed to stop all the individual plugins doing a bunch of duplicated unnecessary work just to externally detect when a game starts/finishes. Not very exciting but a necessary thing that needed to be done.

I am hopeful that I am closing in on hooking the in-game send message proc. I have already hooked the server message send proc and the message receive proc. Once this is done it will facillitate lots of cool stuff .... 2 things for starters

1) the requested facility to have used plugins publicly discoverable - probably just by having the clients announce it at game start.

2) another requested feature being the ability to "ping" the mini-map so your teammates can see it.

This second feature would be similar to what is available in SC2 and other games .... i.e. you can mark a spot on the map and your pards will see a visual cue identifying that spot. It's a cool feature, but basically does the same job as just typing "s5" or whatever.

Please God tell me that you are not all going to yell "hack". Surely this is an improvement.

Anyone who wasn't using the plugin would just see a normal game chat like "Lambchops: PING(63,103)" or something. Using the plugin you wouldn't see the message, just some indication of the spot on the mini-map in that player's color

Anyway, I need to automate the game messaging to do any of this, and that code seems to be fairly well burried, but I am working on it. This needs to be added to the host for the next release... "map ping" plugins or whatever can be developed after, if there is not enough time to do it first.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »
YESSS LAMBBB UR WORKIN ON THE PING IDEA???? AHAH URR THE MANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annddddddd... maybe share unit control? or is that to much? lol .. what was the other idea i haddd ehhh what was ittt...  oh right share resources .. i doubt these 2 things ar epossible but worth a shot askin!

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:23 AM »
Suggestions for improvement:

When using a laptop and HP G2 thunderbolt dock (or any other dock) with 2 screens I need to remove the dock and connect  1 screen directly to computer.

Using a laptop with dock makes the mouse go out to other non War2 used screen.

Using a desktop with 2 screens, not a problem but with laptop it is.