Author Topic: 24 hour ban to workwork  (Read 19213 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 24 hour ban to workwork
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 07:45:49 AM »
Paperboy would literally be permanent banned from the server. He will make sappers in one versus ones as a watcher and start demolishing somebody before the game is over

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »
Ahh yes I forgot about that one.  He has done that to me zillions of times.  He does it to whoever he thinks is going to win but usually holds off until its impossible for the eventual winner to lose.  Sometimes tho, its to much and he causes u to lose.  Still funny though.  So I rest my case,  this kid should NOT be an admin.  He is literally abusing it by making up rules as he goes along and the server cannot have that.  Its far to toxic.  Maybe have PB take his place instead,  I think he would be a more fair person since he understands the difference between a game ban and a server ban ;)  Im sure there is probably at least one or two others who could fill the role also.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:02:01 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 11:25:29 AM »
Building then attacking players when you are supposed to be watching is not ok.

So you say people have been deliberately destroying games for like this for years and nobody did anything about it? Too cliquey?

Sounds like we finally have the right admin with the balls to do something about it.

Having a name locked for 24 hours is a very minor slap on the wrist. So he has to smurf for a day - big deal. Somone should also remind him that using the name "Equiinox" is most definitely against the server rules.

-- edit --

BTW I was also in the game where "equiinox" joined and that conversation took place. Initially I thought bux was talking about the real eq also but he didn't say that and I realised later in the conversation what he meant. I can understand where the confusion came from but no need to accuse anyone of lying.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:42:45 AM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Its just always been something left in the power of the players.

pb has been banned from games for doing that.

Just recently jayhawkers built in one of my games. It was a 3v3 I think and he was supposed to be a watcher. He said 6v1? .. then built and attacked players.. I banned him the next game. Then he rejoined on a smurf and I banned that name from game... then booted all no-name from the game and played with no issues.

So it costs players..

The "rules" for the most part have always been decided by the community as a whole. The community overwhelmingly feels that pulling stunts like that in games should be left to the players/hosts in the games.

If this is something the community wants to reevaluate then maybe make a post about it... but that will lead to other issues getting re-evaluated.

One of the things warbux mentioned was the blatant disrespect from work work. I agree its disrespectful and frustrating but if we are going to implement policies based on blatant disrespect van[z] will be the next to go.

Nothing wrong with having a serious discussion about what's going "too far" and what the consequences should be. See where it goes.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
The "rules" for the most part have always been decided by the community as a whole.

OK. But the community was shrinking at an alarming rate, which as I understand it is why we have two new admins - to change that.

I realise that this is not the way things have been done in the past, and I was actually surprised when I first found out, and I admit that my immediate gut reaction was that it was wrong.

However after thinking about it I decided I liked it. Then I thought about it some more and decided i really liked it.

WorkWork is ok, he's not the worst guy around or anything. Sounds like he was lead astray and then got a bit carried away with it. He got a warning first. Now he has been given a very minor slap on the wrist and he is probably much less likely to interfere with game in the future.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »
I second the motion to kick warbux from admin. An admin in my eyes is someone who is should be an example of how to act and how not to. Warbux cries hack at anyone who rapes him then refuses to accept an ss. What kind of admin is this? Ok so he knows how to make mods and shit, big deal. He can make them without being an admin. The n the workwork thing happens just to top things off.

REMOVE HIM!!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 02:03:44 PM »
There are plenty of non-admin modders doing excellent work (and imo better work,  Fois's latest mod is top notch stuff).  Just recently Fois produced something that has been a known possible fix for literally decades and something I'd created myself years ago for a previous version using similar methods (tupac called it a virus at the time lmfao).  So he should be just fine without being an admin.  It doesnt hinder his modding productivity/ability at all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:06:04 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
I know thats what i mean. He can continue to help in modding etc. But being an admin is out of his stratosphere.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
Any admins whos stay in Van clan should be remove of their position.

This dude his destroying the community all day long and those admins support him.

After they com back and complaint because a poor newbe ruined a game when van ruine everyone life.

What a bunch of retards.

Warbux and burnt, you both bad admins.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »
Any admins whos stay in Van clan should be remove of their position.

This dude his destroying the community all day long and those admins support him.

After they com back and complaint because a poor newbe ruined a game when van ruine everyone life.

What a bunch of retards.

Warbux and burnt, you both bad admins.

^^

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »
I agree. Since we are kicking warbux from admin, might as well kick van from RU as well for being a worthless scrub mongoloid dweeb.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
Every single one of you would have been yelling worse abuse at workwork if he was doing that to you (me too).

Why not do something about it?

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 02:50:45 PM »
An in game ban would suffice honestly. Like tk said, keep banning smurfs until you know everyone in the game. Its pretty simple. Especially for someone who supposedly preaches "let the noobs play" like warbux. This is disappointing.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 03:29:11 PM »
Yesterday van told me: You have maybe beat the cancer but hes gonna com back, hes always com back and you gonna die, everyone will cheer about it and make a party, nobody love you.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 04:04:17 PM »
Literally every single Exchange I see him in with the exception of his clan members he is aggressively harassing whoever he is talking to. Including myself. All I have to do is beat him in a game and he goes on a rampage about my wife and kids