Author Topic: 24 hour ban to workwork  (Read 19205 times)

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: 24 hour ban to workwork
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »
Haha. So we ban someone for building in a game but we allow people who attack the server regularly to continue to post on our forums and advertise their own server, what a wonderfully run place this is.

You cannot ban him from the server for building in your game, learn to host and ban him before you start the game, if he did it two games in a row then you should probably ban yourself for not kicking him from the next game.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
It has never been against SERVER rules to build as a watcher.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »

You dont even know your own rules, what an admin, yes it is.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »

I do gotta agree with Blid. It isn’t against the server rules to build as a watcher.
It shouldn’t be done but it’s not a ban-able offense.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »
Always obey the game creator/host.
Do what he tells to you unless it contradicts these rules, recommendations and your own conscience.
If he asks you to be a watcher, you must accept or leave the game.
If he asks you to play, you must accept or leave the game.

Obey all the players in the game. They’re doing you a favor by allowing you to watch their game. Do what they ask.
Remember, the best watcher is an invisible watcher. You shouldn’t help or disturb anyone who is playing. So, keep your peon as out of the way as possible — don’t let players even see it if possible. Do not interfere with the game in any way.

Move your peon from your starting position to an out-of-the-way location.
Select the most unobstrusive location that is also close to your starting position.
Sometimes watchers will hide somwhere and build, just for fun. This seems okay while that corner is not visible for the players, but it is strongly recommended that beginning watchers don’t build anything at all. Watching the other players will give you insight and help you improve your skills, so it’s important to pay attention.

First of all.

It's a rule to do what ever the hoster or players tell him to do untill its not in this recommendations, or he have to leave the game.

Second of all

it's also against the rule to build in game especially in 1v1 because it directly interfere in the result of the ladder.

Third of all

It's not again the rules to build in game cuz sometime people dont know it or someone else try to kill them, so it's why we dont ban for that cuz we will have to ban alot of peoples.

But there alot of peoples who do it and ask us to forget them cuz it was a mystake and your gonna let them a chance and they fucking build again.

Exemple Fucking trolls like paperbooy or workwork.

I dont see why there no ban on that kind of behavior, people must understand there no tolerance about that and should be punish of being that dumb.

Let it in players hands it's like saying, welcome to the jungle do wtf you want cuz anyway it's a jungle and we dont fucking cares.

I think it's case by case, in that case banx totally told him to not build and he did it, and even after let him a chance he still did it and pose as me.

I dont agree on the fact banx cry about people who ruin games when van does this shit all day long and he dont said a fucking word.

But i certainly agree on the fact that workwork have been advice multiple time by alot of players to do not build and he did it whatever we fucking told him.

Did he deserve a ban? Maybe not a week, but 24 hours? Where is the fucking probleme.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:21:34 PM by Equinox »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 08:20:00 PM »
I believe this list of rules came from something iL put together in 2014. Those are not new rules. And almost immediately after they were created the community seem to shut them down. I'm not saying I disagree with all of them, and honestly I was probably one of the people that was resisting them when they were suggested. It's definitely a slippery slope trying to find a balance within the community.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »
It's pretty much been a case-by-case basis over the last decade or so from what I can tell. And the solution to the majority of the issues has just been to let the players handle their own issues without administrator intervention.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:24:26 PM by tk[as] »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
It's pretty much been a case-by-case basis over the last decade or so from what I can tell. And the solution to the majority of the issues has just been to let the players handle their own issues without administrator intervention.

Exactly and this solution fucking suck bro, cuz you let peoples do whatever they fucking want without doing anything and that make good peoples fear to play this game and bad people to follow that behavior.

This is like protecting bad peoples over the good ones.

And i dont said you build your ban..

Like we said it's case by case.

But behavior like paperboy and workwork should be easily bannable because it show it's not a jungle and there no tolerance about that kind of trolls.

If not, it's just like saying, do whatever you want, we dont fucking cares.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:32:25 PM by Equinox »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.. but there was a certain Smurf about 2 weeks ago who went around killing watchers during a game. Should that person have been banned as well?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.. but there was a certain Smurf about 2 weeks ago who went around killing watchers during a game. Should that person have been banned as well?

You talk about tuktuk?

Do you remember in wich game i did it?

Yours! Why? Cuz you did it to me 1 week before.

Outside of that, tell me when i do this kind of things.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »
I also remember somebody who was lagging a couple months ago as a watcher and refused to leave the game, which ruin the game for everybody playing. Should that person have been banned?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
I also remember somebody who was lagging a couple months ago as a watcher and refused to leave the game, which ruin the game for everybody playing. Should that person have been banned?

Yes thats exactly that time you kill me as a watcher and thats why i kill your watchers with tuktuk.

And i told you, i did not refuse to leave i was alt tab.

I always leave when peoples ask me to do.

Why do you act so coward and try to make me look like someone im not?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2019, 08:42:21 PM »
You are changing your story now

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 08:43:22 PM »
What the fuck you mean?

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 08:48:44 PM »
It's definitely a slippery slope trying to find a balance within the community.

It's quite easy to find a balance to everyone except the admins, none of our admins are leaders.