Author Topic: War2Combat 4.5 released (upd 4.5.1)! GoG+Classic, holpunch, plugins, w7 fix, etc  (Read 16664 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
IMO anyone who thinks that such a hack is "ok" should have their own game play seriously scrutinized as they very likely use other hacks because they dont know what the definition of a hack actually is.  Whatz up EQ,  what else u got hiding back there that we should know about.  Just because this hack showed up in an install doesnt mean "its ok".  It just means it slipped by without anyone noticing it until now.

First of all lets learn you what is a hack..

A hack is something you are using that give you advantage on other peoples because they dont have acces to it.

So that mean nothing in this version is a hack since everyone got it from the original version.

It's not a hack, it's a damn updates that everyone will have no matter what untill they dont want it at all and dont choose them at the installation.

Thats a personal choice, if you dont like them, dont install them, if you like them, install them, easy like that.

I got no probleme with all of those add on because everyone can have it if they want, and it will help the beginner to get better faster, for my own part it dont change nothing for me, i dont think i will beat someone because of that and i dont think someone will beat me because of that.

But it will certainly help the bigginner to get good faster and i have absolutly no probleme with that it actually a great fucking add on.

Stop crying for that, if you think peoples gonna win over you because of that, so that mean how newbe you are and you actually maybe should use thems.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
As per usual,  EQ misses the point entirely.  I've already stated that just because it made it into an install DOESNT make it not a hack.  It just makes it something that needs to be removed because it is a hack that REMOVES an advantage that a skilled player has over a lesser skilled player and evens the playing field.  A map hack does the EXACT same thing.  Any lesser player will have their skill elevated simply because they have it on but a better skilled player wouldnt get any advantage at all.  There is no difference with this hack.  It doesnt "improve" anything.

An example of a "good" hack is the latency hack.  It doesnt give an advantage to anyone but it DOES improve the responsiveness to the units.  Thats the definition of a "good hack".  Another MAYBE good hack that IS new and that I find interesting is the Map being shown in the game lobby.  Thats a good hack if you believe everyone should know what the map looks like (which I do),  but it does kinda remove the mysteriousness of unknown maps.  That doesnt affect me much as I dont play custom maps but I could totally see some not liking it in the same way I dont like the chop indicator.  I dont play custom/unknown maps so I cant really say whether it ruins anything or not.  I would assume not,  but someone who plays those types of maps would have a better feel for it.  I already know all the built in maps and I dont need the thing to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:11:26 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
So it tells you how many chops it has?
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
The front page DL still links to the 44 version.  An updated link would help the new players get the right one.  Or better yet,  always name the latest version with "latest" and then the link never needs to be changed.  If you use a numbering system for the current version, then links have to be updated everytime.  Should only use numbered links for older versions.
Thx, updated links on the main page and combat page.

Also "latest" can be a good idea, maybe to make a symlink or w/e. I'll think about that...

I'd have to vote to have that hack removed, the version re-rolled WITHOUT it,  and anyone caught using it should be BANNED for hacking.
I'd say after Lambchops released that thing, i have to eigther legalize it or deny.
Legalization is easier for me, so that's it, lol.
I don't think that's an obvious hack. Of course if you have some skills to know who began to chop first, that skill will become useless. At the same time it's a newbie-friendly update.
I have no idea how to value if it's good or evil, to make poll? Many stupid voters will come with some random voices as usual. I think newbie-friendly feature is good.

Maybe need to add chop bars status in next version of antihack to let people know how use it and who don't.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
As per usual,  EQ misses the point entirely.  I've already stated that just because it made it into an install DOESNT make it not a hack.  It just makes it something that needs to be removed because it is a hack that REMOVES an advantage that a skilled player has over a lesser skilled player and evens the playing field.  A map hack does the EXACT same thing.  Any lesser player will have their skill elevated simply because they have it on but a better skilled player wouldnt get any advantage at all.  There is no difference with this hack.  It doesnt "improve" anything.

An example of a "good" hack is the latency hack.  It doesnt give an advantage to anyone but it DOES improve the responsiveness to the units.  Thats the definition of a "good hack".  Another good hack that IS new and that I find interesting is the Map being shown in the game lobby.  Thats a good hack,  but it does kinda remove the mysteriousness of unknown maps.  That doesnt affect me much as I dont play custom maps but I could totally see some not liking it in the same way I dont like the chop indicator.

There no advantage at all dude, because listen, when you reach at certain level, ( yeah that level  you dont have reach yet ) you know those plug in are useless for pro players, i dont even know how you feel treathen about that lol… Nobody fucking cares about how much time peons take for chopping a piece of wood, ive got alot of things much more important to do, like scouting, putting pressure, micro my attacks, those things are first thing to cares before your choppers… Actually the day you gonna reach that level you will know you dont fucking touch your peons on the woods since if you need to repair you have to use your peons in the gold… if i have to touch my woods peons it's because it's critical and im gonna use them whatever the duration they are in ther chopping.

Dude sorry but this shit give no advantage at all, your a paranoyak.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:17:37 PM by Equinox »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile

I have no idea how to value if it's good or evil, to make poll? Many stupid voters will come with some random voices as usual. I think newbie-friendly feature is good.

Maybe need to add chop bars status in next version of antihack to let people know how use it and who don't.

I dont think a poll is enough to determine if it should be included or not,  but a thread discussing it with input from players would have been a better plan.  I dont monitor these forums often enough to have noticed any thread that would have been such,  but it seems to me like no such thread with the specific purpose of including it or not ever took place.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
ive got alot of things much more important to do...

And therein lies the problem.  You dont understand how important micro'ing actually is.  Using your logic,  we should also all be using Lambchop's macro hack to.  I mean,  we've all got better things to do than selecting units all at once or whatever other macro crap he uses.  The same logic can be used for a maphack to,  I mean,  wtf,  we've got better things to do than scout something when all we need to do is turn on a map hack.  So if we just include the maphack in the install,  its magically no longer a hack right!  Because everyone will have it and can use it if they wish  .... ya whatever EQ.  you know nothing.

Like I said,  just because it somehow slipped through the cracks and got placed in the install DOES NOT make it any less of a hack.  Because thats exactly what it is.  A hack.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:22:49 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
ive got alot of things much more important to do...

And therein lies the problem.  You dont understand how important micro'ing actually is.  Using your logic,  we should also all be using Lambchop's macro hack to.  I mean,  we've all got better things to do than selecting units all at once or whatever other macro crap he uses.

BRO i think i know what is important, since i beat you 3 fingers in the nose.

How do you try to tell me whats is important.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
I dont think a poll is enough to determine if it should be included or not,  but a thread discussing it with input from players would have been a better plan.  I dont monitor these forums often enough to have noticed any thread that would have been such,  but it seems to me like no such thread with the specific purpose of including it or not ever took place.
I'd say the question is not to include or not include, the question is a hack or not a hack.
If we don't officially consider this a hack, it should be included as a useful feature makes advantage to those who use it.

He can make a discussion, but there are already. 1/2 or community think it's good and another 1/2 it's evil...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
I'd say the question is not to include or not include, the question is a hack or not a hack.
If we don't officially consider this a hack, it should be included as a useful feature makes advantage to those who use it.

He can make a discussion, but there are already. 1/2 or community think it's good and another 1/2 it's evil...

I agree,  the question isnt whether to include it,  the issue is that I consider it a hack and obviously hacks shouldnt get included.  Who else thinks something like this is a hack?  Is there even a thread that discusses it?  I cannot be the only one who sees it for what it is.  And IMO,  if even 10% think its a hack,  it shouldnt be included.  If its 50/50,  then I dont even think its a debate,  it should never be included.  A great example of this is the Black to Pink patch.  I am of the opinion that it shouldnt have been included,  but there are far more people who think it's not really a "hack".  IMO it's not as big of a deal as something like the chop counter,  but it did ruin the fun of sneaking up on people simply because they didnt notice me.  That was actually quite fun,  but that type of thing was removed when this patch made it into the install.  I kinda miss doing that,  it was amusing and fun as hell.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:28:41 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile

I agree,  the question isnt whether to include it,  the issue is that I consider it a hack and obviously hacks shouldnt get included.  Who else thinks something like this is a hack?  Is there even a thread that discusses it?  I cannot be the only one who sees it for what it is.  And IMO,  if even 10% think its a hack,  it shouldnt be included.  If its 50/50,  then I dont even think its a debate,  it should never be included.

Stop counting your damn chops and maybe peoples will not fort to hall you.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
You know what would be a NICE addition to the game.  The ability to determine which "mods" can be enabled in a hosted game.  Now that would allow ALL "updates" to be included.  Hell you could even include the maphack at that point.  Every game EQ hosts would have the maphack enabled.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Nah don't like this shit. It can disadvantage players who are not using it just enough to tilt the game.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Agree with lance here. Allow which mods to be enabled when you are creating the game!

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
And equinox you're wrong here as well. That moment comes several times a night where you need to pull choppers for whatever reason, if you only pull choppers that have just started chopping  you will have an extra amount wood and that wood does make a difference in very close games.

I prefer the game to stay the same, as it always has been.

Now I know why you went 1-15 with Nova equinox, and I watched you actually, put choppers on gold that are 1/2 or 3/4 through a chop, instead of putting them on gold after they have just brought in the wood. these things do matter.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:36:50 PM by jordan4385 »