Author Topic: War2Combat 4.5 released (upd 4.5.1)! GoG+Classic, holpunch, plugins, w7 fix, etc  (Read 17115 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
I spent much more time than planned, but so, here's it.
Lots updates and fixes in this new version. Tested much more carefully than planned.
The longest list of updates since the whole history of combat!

Warcraft 2 Combat Edition
-------------------------
    update in version 4.5 (09.2019)
    - Added selection between exe versions:
   2.0.2.1 GoG, 2.0.2.0 original or 2.0.2.0 with plugins
    - Starting Warcraft II under Windows 7 (and probably others) fixed
    - Hole puncher added - no real IP required for game hosting (FunkyFr3sh)
    - DDraw configuration tool added - visualiser configuration (FunkyFr3sh)
    - Added plugin system - many different useful things (Lambchops)
    - Added Warbux map pack, being count as Ladder games in ladder.war2.ru
    - Kpuds map pack added. Also 3 official Blizzard maps added.
    - Warvideo flicker free! (only with FunkyFr3sh ddraw), interface improved
    - Added Russian language to WarVideo (will work if the OS language is Russian)
    - "Quick messages" added (see details in messages.txt)
    - Improved display message when WarLatency mode is switching on
    - Dimmed winter option (Snow brightness descreased on Winter tileset)
    - A few more stuffs added to interface options
    - Fixed small bugs in winter tileset and somewhere else.
    - Fixed several typos and inaccuracies in russian version
    - Restored or redesigned several game menus in russian version
    - Improved to varying degrees all five russian fonts,
    the character set is expanded, Ukrainian and Belarusian letters added
    - "Click" changed in bom2click option
    - Small improvements in installer
    - War2Combat version number added to credits

You can download it from our "downloads" section: http://en.war2.ru/downloads/
Or directly from ftp: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/
All these 21 versions. If your language is english and you have no problem with internet bandwidth, i'd recommend you a full english vesion: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/War2Combat45_en_full.exe

UPD: hotfix for combat 4.5:
    update in version 4.5.1 (09.2019)
    - Small fix for graphics under Windows 10 added
    - CpuTime plugin splitted to parts: for the game and for BNET-chat, as game part can be unstable on some computers

Installers are being reuploaded, reinstall if you have such problems.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:31:07 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Wow best update ever!!

I really like the AH, i really like the lambchops plugins, I like the warbux map packs… I like the new color chat, i like the winter fix, great work guys, happy for both of you!

The only plug in i dont like is pink black to grey….

Otherweise this entire update is amazing!

Great work everyones, thanks alot iL!

Hope too see more updates like that in the future!  :newthumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:22:24 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Sounds great iL,

Downloading now :) :thumbsup:

What don't you like? The grey color? That sort of thing is easy to change.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Thx sir, I am gonna install it this days. Hopefully war insides will work on it!
Btw is it compatible with the old version or it has its own?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Btw is it compatible with the old version or it has its own?
Sure, it is!
You can select GOG to play on GOG server (not by default) or to switch between Lambchops plugin version and original one.

All versions are compatible for network playing between each other.
Any you feel free to overwrite this version to the same folder of any previous versions or to remove the previous one and install this, or install this one to a separate folder, every choice works fine...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Sounds great iL,

Downloading now :) :thumbsup:

What don't you like? The grey color? That sort of thing is easy to change.

I mean, the point with changing black to pink it's because we cant see units properly on the mini map when someone is black.

Black and grey have the same effect, we both dont see them.

So it's not really a usefull thing.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
thank you for all your hard work for warcraft 2 IL.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
The front page DL still links to the 44 version.  An updated link would help the new players get the right one.  Or better yet,  always name the latest version with "latest" and then the link never needs to be changed.  If you use a numbering system for the current version, then links have to be updated everytime.  Should only use numbered links for older versions.

BTW the "Chop bars",  that completely ruins micro gaming IMO.  It allows people to no longer have to remember what each woody was doing and when.  That is an integral part of multi-tasking and micro management.  With a meter,  it eliminates the need to multi-task and know what your choppers are doing.  That should NEVER have been added to the game.  Now I'm forced to use it because everyone else is going to be using it.  Why was such a hack even allowed to slip through the cracks.

I'd have to vote to have that hack removed, the version re-rolled WITHOUT it,  and anyone caught using it should be BANNED for hacking.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:13:39 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
The chop bar is a really great add on, pro player dont need that shizzle at all, it will just help the biggineer at the point they will reach our level, for my part i dont need that thing, i dont play better because of that and i dont play worst because of that, so i dont cares if it's add to the game, anyway i still think its a nice new desing to the game, it bring something new, its look really good and it's fun. No reason to cry about that, i hope we gonna see more add on like this and less cry baby like you.

Good job all i hope it continue that way!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:01:36 PM by Equinox »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
BTW the "Chop bars",  that completely ruins micro gaming IMO.

"completely ruins" .... lol get a grip.

Up to iL if he wants it included but really I suggest everyone just try it for a week or 2 first and then make up your mind.

I'm pretty sure by then most people will think pretty much meh ... hardly notice it who cares?

Personally I really don't care one way or the other if it is included/allowed. It's no big thing.

BTW: LMFAO at lance suggesting he has the skills to track what all his choppers are doing while he plays. idk if pros can do this, but you sure can't ;D

Good job all i hope it continue that way!

Thanks eq  :)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Unlike you I actually DO know what EVERY chopper is doing because you clearly dont know what micro'ing is let alone what a "double chop" is.  And when it's happening, I know exactly which p to move.  But with your bullshit,  it completely ruins that type of multi-tasking knowledge and makes it a moot point.  This is the DEFINITION of micro play.  You ruined the micro play of the game as far as wood management goes.  Those of you who dont micro had a disadvantage with players like myself players who DO micro (its how I play,  I micro everything) and have now been ELEVATED in their game play not because of themselves,  but because of a retarded hack.  If a tool elevates a player's skill level,  then it's a hack and shouldnt be allowed.  Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:50:08 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Nothing is ruin bro, your a fucking cry baby, your skills level is ruin.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
IMO anyone who thinks that such a hack is "ok" should have their own game play seriously scrutinized as they very likely use other hacks because they dont know what the definition of a hack actually is.  IE:  the creator of this hack (lambhax) was also caught using other hacks very recently,  so he clearly doesnt know what the definition of a hack is either.  Whatz up EQ,  what else u got hiding back there that we should know about.  Just because this hack showed up in an install doesnt mean "its ok".  It just means it slipped by without anyone noticing it until now.  iL is NOT a good war2 player,  he wouldnt know the impact that this type of hack has.  He has to be told that it's bad and then he can remove it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:56:20 AM by {Lance} »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Unlike you I actually DO know what EVERY chopper is doing because you clearly dont know what micro'ing is let alone what a "double chop" is.  And when it's happening, I know exactly which p to move.

Lol... well great buddy, then you're still in front because you dont have to waste seconds checking which one to move.

Actually having had it for a while now, TBH I don't actually use it a lot. Occasionally I will notice 2 peons chopping the one tree so I will move the one that has chopped less, but stopping and making that decision takes a second or two, depending on what else is happening that may not be a good use of time simply for a 50% chance that you will get 100 wood maybe a couple of seconds earlier.

And I've actually noticed that in that situation most often the 2 peons are very close to the same number of chops, so it doesn't make any real difference which one you move, and you would be better off just grabbing one at random.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Having a general idea of how far some (not all) choppers are into their wood collecting process is a skill .. knowing which ones to pull or not to pull.. it's a skill.

Nice job in the update iL!