Author Topic: War2Combat 4.5 released (upd 4.5.1)! GoG+Classic, holpunch, plugins, w7 fix, etc  (Read 16631 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
I think it’s pretty useful. I think chopping is a skill but this will most likely increase the competitive  atmosphere

All hacks are useful,  so it's usefulness isnt in question.  The problem is that by definition,  this IS a hack that cant be allowed because anyone not using it is at a clear disadvantage.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
I think it’s pretty useful. I think chopping is a skill but this will most likely increase the competitive  atmosphere
All hacks are useful,  so it's usefulness isnt in question.  The problem is that by definition,  this IS a hack that cant be allowed because anyone not using it is at a clear disadvantage.  And if the stated goal of "war2combat" is to stay 100% compatible with ALL war2 clients,  then this hack cannot be allowed.  But if war2combat's goal is going to change then hacks like this CAN be allowed by creating a mechanism that would allow these types of things to be selected at game hosting time.  However thats not possible currently without breaking compatibility.  You cant allow some people to have this advantage while others dont have it.

If war2combat starts to disallow any non-war2combat client,  then ALL KINDS of doors open up as to the types of mods that can be done and which ones players elect to use can then be determined at game time rather than at install time.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:36:11 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
You guys should cares way much more of allowing different version of the games where the hotkeys are different, even worst some peoples are just randomize them himself.

This is what a real hacks is.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
You guys should cares way much more of allowing different version of the games where the hotkeys are different, even worst some peoples are just randomize them himself.

So every non-english version of the game is a hack if we use that logic.  Every language has different hotkey locations.  A hotkey configuration tool would be useful though.  Every modern game has such a feature.  I've seen it suggested many times here but as far as I know, its never been implemented.  It would take a lot of getting use to,  but I'd probably use it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:47:19 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile

So every non-english version of the game is a hack if we use that logic.  Every language has different hotkey locations.  A hotkey configuration tool would be useful though.  Every modern game has such a feature.  I've seen it suggested many times here but as far as I know, its never been implemented.  It would take a lot of getting use to,  but I'd probably use it.

Yes different version are hacks, some of thems have different hotkeys and improve the speed of your hotkey tiping.

Thats why every new game have the possibility to randomize ther own hotkey as they like so its not an hack anymore and everyone his happy.

You have the right to let it by default or randomize as your wish.

Like all those plug in in that new version today, you have the right too let it by default or randomize it as your wish.

Until everyone can sett what the original version give you, its not a hack anymore.

Everyone have the right and the possibility to use what they want since it com in the orginal version.

Chop bar is a choice, randomize your hotkey is not, i dont know how to get in the mpq and do whatever the fuck i want, im not programmar.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:50:00 PM by Equinox »

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
hotkeys are easily randomizeable with a keyboard that most players play with these days... something that would be impossible to keep track of...

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Thats why letting newbs like both of you talking is bad for the game.

Make no sens at all and cant think about what is important and what is not.

Letting the game between some newbee hand is like being a b rated players.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:54:36 PM by Equinox »

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
You are keeping yourself from getting good at this game by thinking you know everything, it keeps you from improving equinox. you can do better.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
You are keeping yourself from getting good at this game by thinking you know everything, it keeps you from improving equinox. you can do better.

I dont know everything but i know a chop bar mean no shit when you reach a certain level, and i know peoples who randomize hotkeys is a real probleme.

You both newbe and dont know about what you talk, you guys are about sword level and you both try to explain me how to play.

You guys are total joke and you should both stop induced peoples in mystake with your none sens thoeries.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
lol equinox, you are one of my favorite people on here. love ya buddy.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
lol equinox, you are one of my favorite people on here. love ya buddy.

I like you too but your still a newbee, sorry.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
1.  EQ serious question here:  Can you go out and buy a piece of hardware that can add a chop counter?
2.  Another question:  Can you buy a keyboard or find software that has a hotkey configuration tool?

If you can answer "Yes" to a question,  then it's not really a problem that needs fixing.

1.  No,  nothing like this exists.  Therefore such a change is a hack.
2.  Yes,  therefore clients can be allowed since these are easily fixed with modern hardware/software.

If you want to learn how to change your keyboard hotkeys,  I'd be more than happy to put up a tutorial on how to do that using the AutoHotkey software (available here: https://www.autohotkey.com/) which is FREE and requires NO programming skills.  You can re-map the ENTIRE keyboard (including the mouse) and enable/disable it at will with a single key.  You would need such a thing for typing in chat,  etc.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:15:17 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
1.  EQ serious question here:  Can you go out and buy a piece of hardware that can add a chop counter?
2.  Another question:  Can you buy a keyboard or find software that has a hotkey configuration tool?

If you can answer "Yes" to a question,  then it's not really a problem that needs fixing.

1.  No,  nothing like this exists.  Therefore such a change is a hack.
2.  Yes,  therefore clients can be allowed since these are easily fixed with modern hardware/software.

If you want to learn how to change your keyboard hotkeys,  I'd be more than happy to put up a tutorial on how to do that using the AutoHotkey software (available here: https://www.autohotkey.com/) which is FREE and requires NO programming skills.  You can re-map the ENTIRE keyboard and enable/disable it at will with a single key.  You would need such a thing for typing in chat,  etc.

I dont have to buy any chop bar because it came in the game itself fucking idiot.

Then you are telling me skillz are reprsentative of how much money you got? Like if you got money to waste on super keyboard to customize your hotkey then your safe? you are just stupid are you dont wanna understand at all..

It's not about what the software is, it's not about money, it's not about what you think, it's all about what came with the orginal version!!

Now you are telling me when you were young and were playing street fighter that you were safe to go on tournament and use that turbo controller that allow you to give punch 2 times faster then everyone with the original controller is legit because you got money and others dont.

You know it's a fucking cheat, customizing your hotkey can be a hacks or can be legit… if your playing new game there somewhere in the options of the original game where you can customize your hotkey, then its not a hack because EVERYONE ARE allow to customize it from the game itselft!!!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
"Lance is right" -me, right now

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
UPD: hotfix for combat 4.5:
    update in version 4.5.1 (09.2019)
    - Small fix for graphics under Windows 10 added
    - CpuTime plugin splitted to parts: for the game and for BNET-chat, as game part can be unstable on some computers

Installers are being reuploaded, reinstall if you have such problems.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.