Author Topic: War2Combat 4.5 released (upd 4.5.1)! GoG+Classic, holpunch, plugins, w7 fix, etc  (Read 16634 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Ahh now I recognize this .dll,  its from Aqcrit.  I guess he's still working on that project.  I thought it was long dead lol.  Boy I must have taken an extra long break.  I didnt even realize someone had forked Acrit's work.  This funkyfr3sh person seems to have picked it up.  Is that your github account Fois?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:47:22 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
nice thats what everyone in gog wanted in the first place

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
you would have the same issues with these two

Yes, almost same issues here.
Also another issue:
when finally switches to desktop (by "windows" key or some another hotkey)
and clicked on another program icon in taskbar, somehow was switched back to war2,
but i'm clearly NOT clicked on "war2 button" in taskbar.

Idk, maybe allowing Alt+BackSpace feature in fullscreen can be better for some "switching"?

Anyway Switching by Alt+Enter works fine for all versions.

As for me, nothing to do with Alt+Tab:
I start war2 in windowed mode,
make some preparations with replays, if necessary,
join the game, then press Alt+Enter and just play without switchings.

-------
For those who hates windowed mode,
probably better solution is pure "test2" version:
ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/ddraw4/ddraw.dll

There no window mode at all, but have one good thing:
it is "transparent" for system text antialiasing - as a result text can be smooth in BNE chat.

I asked iL for more options, but he against older, but still useful versions of ddraw for some reason.

I actually removed Alt+BackSpace in the latest version, no reason to keep it (It was needed back when bnet couldn't be minimized...). But yeah, I do the same, I run everything in a window and when the game is about to start i switch to fullscreen with Alt+Enter!

I just added a new option "AntiAliasedFonts=Yes", you can enable it if you prefer the look of it. No need to have multiple ddraws just for that :P
Attached new build below.

Hmm,  I had tried alt-enter to get it to work but it didnt work, so I assumed it wasnt ever going to work.  However what I didnt realize is that I'd used alt-tab to get out and then was never able to go back because it was unable to refocus the window for some reason.  I would click it in the task bar (as well as tried alt-tab list) and it simply wouldnt work.  While the black window was up I tried alt-enter.... nothing.  I then discovered that if I had a menu in war2 up BEFORE I alt-tab,  then I would be able to blindly click on the menu and it would magically focus the war2 again.  But then after you mentioned alt-enter working,  I tried using alt-enter FIRST instead of alt-tab, and that took a while to render but it does work.  It's just slow as dog shit.  It's going to take some getting use-to to not use alt-tab.  I do it instinctively a LOT lol.  It would be cool if alt-tab would work with the newer DLL.  But until then,  I'm sticking to the older version that I know works.  I didnt find any problems with that old version and I dont even know why a new version was added.  I dont see any functionality changes to it listed anywhere.  I think it might even be the same ddraw.dll that I had put out for war2custom like,  years and years ago back when we first started toying with it to fix screen issues related to icons in the channel chat.  Things have certainly advanced since then thats for sure :D

So if you have a different dll I can try,  put it up where I can actually DL it,  the one up there isnt downloadable :D

EDIT: Nevermind,  now its downloadable :P  something changed lol.  I'll see how this one works.

Ahh now I recognize this .dll,  its from Aqcrit.  I guess he's still working on that project.  I thought it was long dead lol.  Boy I must have taken an extra long break.  I didnt even realize someone had forked Acrit's work.  This funkyfr3sh person seems to have picked it up.  Is that your github account Fois?

If you're just playing in fullscreen and 640x480 is supported on your pc then yeah, the new ddraw won't give you any advantages. Windowed mode and upscaling are the key features of the new version.
And yes, It's me working on it.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
"AntiAliasedFonts=Yes", you can enable it if you prefer the look of it.

Oh, lol, quick response :)
I personally prefer real fonts w/o additional processing, but some people (Vity, Ragner, etc...) will happy to use this option.

No need to have multiple ddraws just for that

Still need some option to restrict switching to fullscreen and back,
to block accidental mode switching when someone prefer to play all the time windowed OR all the time fullscreen.
something like:
"AllowModeSwitching=Yes/No" or "IgnoreAltEnter=Yes/No"

1.6.3 same bug as previous test:
when finally switches to desktop (by "windows" key or some another hotkey)
and clicked on _another program icon_ in taskbar, somehow that switching back to war2, not to clicked program.
but i clearly NOT clicked on "war2 button" in taskbar.

Why need to use test4 behavior for Alt-Tab?
1.6.2 version was better in this part.

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
In principle, I do not want the chop bar. But i did dl latest version n couldnt see the chop bar, how do I activate it?

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
It’s in the installation, the chop bar is really not as useful as you think.  If you start clicking alll your peons to pick the optimal peon you are just wasting time.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!