black2pink is a hack, it should be denied
2 (5.9%)
Chop bars is a hack
13 (38.2%)
Nothing is
6 (17.6%)
Let's make and promote more plugins/utils: health bars, magic bars, etc
5 (14.7%)
All plugins should be detected by antihack to know who use them, then they are legal
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Which is more of a hack 2?  (Read 20430 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Which is more of a hack 2?
« on: September 04, 2019, 04:16:08 PM »
Well, one of arguments against chop bars is someone can use it and others can know nothing about that.
Then that will give an advantage to those who use it.

Same logic as for warlatency 10-12 years ago, till that have been included into combat.
edited: Same logic for black2pink, but not so many people think it's a hack.

Do you guys think there was an error and warlat should not be included that days black2pink should not be included into combat?

Let's discuss about chop bars and some more plugins possible in future releases.

My opinion is we need to make some fresh improvements to attract new players, and of course to not break the gameplay and to not make any agvantages to one player over another.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:53:59 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Which is more of a hack 2?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »
There's a difference between a fix and a hack. 

A fix is correcting something that is flawed.  We all want to have an optimal experience, so of course we should use, and include, Warlat in Combat. 

A hack is something that adds a new ability. 

Chop meter is a hack.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »
Chop meters, health bars, rally points, unit queues, and auto-heal could be seen as "improvements" but they are not fixes or "debugs," and were not part of the original game.  They shouldn't be used in the original game environment and should only be part of some big "War2 Remastered" project relaunching the game.  In the current game environment they would all be categorized as hacks.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »
Nothing is a hack untill it came with original version's and everyone can use them.

(Aternative) Can also com from the DL section of the official website of war2ru combat.

Even map hack can be consider totally legit if it came in the original version.

A hack is not a software or a modification of the game, a hack is a software or even an hardware that only you or a group of person can use to increase your skills against some other peoples who cant have that priviledge.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 04:36:04 PM »

A fix is correcting something that is flawed.  We all want to have an optimal experience, so of course we should use, and include, Warlat in Combat. 

Chop meter is a hack.

Fix mean nothing bro, the word you are looking for is * updates * wich mean you do a modification in the game to bring something new… There no rules or no code about you cant touch a game until something have to be fix because it's trash to play like that… its 2019 and Everygame do updates and its not only about fixing it but also about bring something new!

Chop bar is not a hack, chop bar is a tool, period.

It's a hack if lambchop use it secretly with his group of geeks, but it's not if we add it to the game and everyone have it.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 04:37:33 PM »
Well, one of arguments against chop bars is someone can use it and others can know nothing about that.
Then that will give an advantage to those who use it.

Same logic as for warlatency 10-12 years ago, till that have been included into combat.

Do you guys think there was an error and warlat should not be included that days?

Let's discuss about chop bars and some more plugins possible in future releases.

My opinion is we need to make some fresh improvements to attract new players, and of course to not break the gameplay and to not make any agvantages to one player over another.

Actually that isnt correct.  Warlat works for EVERYONE whether they have it or not.  Once someone in the game has enabled it,  it works for EVERYONE.  So war2combat didnt standardize it's use,  it merely added it so that anyone could enable it.

I think the improvement you are looking for is the one I've been suggesting.  The ability to enable mods from the game launch form and have which options are enabled either in the form of a URL that someone can click on when they enter the lobby,  or displaying them all right in the lobby itself (which is the most user friendly but hardest method).  Another method might be a server command,  something like /gameoptions  and it'll show which mods the game creator is allowing.

But until that happens,  things like the chop bars is a HACK that shouldnt be allowed.  IMO it actually ruins micro gaming.  Those that dont know what micro'ing is or think it's irrelevant wont understand why I think it's a hack instead of some sort of improvement.  If war2 had started with the status bars and had it for 20+yrs,  maybe it would be ok,  but thats not reality.  It also gives those that dont have it a clear disadvantage.  There is absolutely NO arguing that someone using it will have an advantage over someone not using it because it directly affects the economy of the game which is INTEGRAL to the game itself.  So to compare War2lat to the Chop meter is INCORRECT.  If you're looking for something that the game ALREADY has as an example, then the Pink 2 Black HACK is the only example you can use.  I personally consider that a hack because it killed off a whole fun part of war2 with being stealthy simply because u are black but many do NOT consider it a hack and instead consider it a bug fix.  They instead view it as fixing a deficiency in the game,  similar to what War2lat does.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:44:19 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »

Chop meter is a hack.

Agree.

This applies to the black to pink hack/patch imo. The color black on the mini-map was an error. The black2pink fixed that. It gives no unfair advantages.. just puts the observer on an even playing field.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 04:40:57 PM »
BTW,  why cant I vote?  There are no bullet elements for me to select.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 04:41:54 PM »
Chop meters, health bars, rally points, unit queues, and auto-heal could be seen as "improvements" but they are not fixes or "debugs," and were not part of the original game.  They shouldn't be used in the original game environment and should only be part of some big "War2 Remastered" project relaunching the game.  In the current game environment they would all be categorized as hacks.

Please here again, forget the original game! We leave the original game because it was dead and there was absolutly no updates and nobody to take cares of us.

Our actual ladder we are using is not from the actual game and we totally enjoy it, igl was not from the actual game and we totally have enjoy it, warlat is not from our actual game and we totally enjoy it…

All those update need to be in the official war2ru combat, there no time to waste on solo campain and resmastered version and different version…

We are war2ru combat and we did our own things! Forget Warcraft II battle net edition, Warcraft II is dead, war2ru combat is what have keep us togheter.

Our moderation, our updates, our community, our ideas..

We cant stand on the same things over and over, new stuff is good, new stuff is live.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
BTW,  why cant I vote?  There are no bullet elements for me to select.
Ops, was locked somehow, maybe that was me, no idea, unlocked...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »
Fixed now.  Maybe change War2Lat to Black to Pink as thats the correct comparison?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 04:49:06 PM »
Actually that isnt correct.  Warlat works for EVERYONE whether they have it or not.  Once someone in the game has enabled it,  it works for EVERYONE.  So war2combat didnt standardize it's use,  it merely added it so that anyone could enable it.
So, why people in 2007 or 2008 called warlat a hack?
As i understand warlat moves latency proper value only for those who had it activated.
For others it just changes latency to extra high and then back to low...

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 04:49:54 PM »
Fixed now.  Maybe change War2Lat to Black to Pink as thats the correct comparison?
ok, i'll try (probably will erase voices)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
As i understand warlat moves latency proper value only for those who had it activated.

Im not sure why you think that,  I've never heard anyone call warlat a hack.  As for how it works,  for anyone who DOESNT have it,  it will appear as though someone set it from high to low (unless they also have warlat,  then they will also get see the strange chars),  but if you know enough about war2,  you'd notice that its NOT actually low,  its using pkt:4.  Low is pkt: 5  Theres a very subtle difference between the two and you wouldnt notice it unless you've been playing for a very long time.  The pkt setting isnt even from the Battlenet edition.  It's from the old Dos addition which had 8 settings,  all the way down to 1 but everyone and their dog always used pkt:4 because that produced the best responsiveness vs lag in the game.  The dos game defaulted to pkt:7 I believe.  But with BNE it didnt include those settings,  it only had 5, 6, and 7.  So Warlat provided us with pkt:4
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:57:01 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Because there alot of peoples who still keep to believe warlat is a solo thing.

How much time i join games and i fix latency and someone re fix latency over me like if he was not fix.

People think everyone have to fix ther personal latency, so sometime we join a game and 8 players fix there latency, one after one LoL

They dont realize only one player in the game who fix latency will fix latency for everyone in the game, 20 years…. thats sad….
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:23:37 PM by Equinox »