black2pink is a hack, it should be denied
2 (5.9%)
Chop bars is a hack
13 (38.2%)
Nothing is
6 (17.6%)
Let's make and promote more plugins/utils: health bars, magic bars, etc
5 (14.7%)
All plugins should be detected by antihack to know who use them, then they are legal
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Which is more of a hack 2?  (Read 20416 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Which is more of a hack 2?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »
Even worst, that people who still use those 2.02 version of Warcraft II battle net edition, they join us and think they fix latency but actually warlatency fix dont work with those clients..

So they think they have fix latency but nobody in the game cant be fix by there fault and we cant ressource management…

Someting we should take care way much more then chop bars.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Warlat is a little bit complicated.

1- There two different warlatency fix software, an old one for Warcraft II battle net edition, and the one we are using for war2ru combat. The old one dosent work with war2ru combat client, and the one we are using dont work with Warcraft II battle edition client under 2.02.

2- So if someone join a games on our war2ru combat server with an old client of Warcraft II battle net edition, it will broke our latency even if we use the good warlatency fix.. Because our latency fix cant fix old Warcraft II battle net editition client, so actually most of our games we are doing or not even fix for the most of time because there alot of peoples whos still use those corrupted client.

3- if 8 players are using the goood war2ru combat client in the same game, then our warlatency fix will really fix the latency because everyone are ready to be fix since they all have the right client.. If 7 use the right client and only 1 use a Warcraft II battle net edition then nobody is fix because your warlatency fix cant fix that guy, and since we are all on the same latency, nobody is fix.

I hope you guys understand better how it really work.

ps: thats why i said since many years we have to close those corrupted Warcraft II battle edition client of our server, because first they corrupt latency, second they make crashing our games, third we also gonna get rid of a good tool for hackers.

No reason to keep those clients on our server, we got different original version of war2ru combat in every language now.

Those clients was still tolerate because peooples where using them for different language, but now we dont need those client anymores at all, it just bring us problèmes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:19:55 PM by Equinox »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 05:37:28 PM »
1- There two different warlatency fix software, an old one for Warcraft II battle net edition, and the one we are using for war2ru combat. The old one dosent work with war2ru combat client, and the one we are using dont work with Warcraft II battle edition client under 2.02.
hm, do you mean 2020 and 2021? So, "old" is 2021?
I don't know any other versions except 2020, 2021 and 200 (that is not allow to select the bnet server and so i have no idea how to join some custom server).

Also, loader for combat 4.4 (and also combat 4.5 with gog option selected) have an function to switch warlat on. For 2021 version. Works fine.

So now there's no problems between 2020 and 2021 functionality of warlat.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 05:44:56 PM »
Actually it's really hard to explain, let me explain you better.

Actually it's not client 2.02, it's patch 2.02 and above that, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3 etc etc.

So here the deal,  peoples cant install those patch on our war2ru combat client but they can install it on those old Warcraft II battle net client.

By using those old rigged patch they can hack the game easier on our own server since you are allowing those clients to play with us.

It's also mean we have more chance to get alot of games crash and they also corrupt our war2latency fix.

Here an exemple of those patch i talk you about.

https://warcraft2.judgehype.com/article/patchs-de-warcraft-ii/

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »
Actually it's not client 2.02, it's patch 2.02 and above that, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3 etc etc.
Hm, your link shows "Patch 2.02" only for battle.net edition. And patches "Patch 1.5", 1.4, etc are related to "Tides of Darkness & Beyond the Dark Portal", so DOS versions as i understand...
Never heared about 1.x patches for BNE. I always thought 2.00 was the 1st BNE version. Not sure about 2.01 patch exists anywhere, i know about 2.020 and 2.021 patches only.
Appreciate if one can find different patches for BNE version...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »
Hm, your link shows "Patch 2.02" only for battle.net edition. And patches "Patch 1.5", 1.4, etc are related to "Tides of Darkness & Beyond the Dark Portal", so DOS versions as i understand...
Never heared about 1.x patches for BNE. I always thought 2.00 was the 1st BNE version. Not sure about 2.01 patch exists anywhere, i know about 2.020 and 2.021 patches only.
Appreciate if one can find different patches for BNE version...

Actually i dont know about 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, look like your right and its not bt net, but the major probleme is still 2.02

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
Actually i dont know about 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, look like your right and its not bt net, but the major probleme is still 2.02
The major problem is GOG uses 2021 and they dont want 2020.

You can say GOG is nothing, but i had an experience when i uploaded combat of the torrent tracker and they didn't want to approve build of war2 with "some unknown .ru server". GOG support helped very much.
Another world knows about shitty GOG as the best server ever and they knows nothing about .ru...

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
The major problem is GOG uses 2021 and they dont want 2020.

You can say GOG is nothing, but i had an experience when i uploaded combat of the torrent tracker and they didn't want to approve build of war2 with "some unknown .ru server". GOG support helped very much.
Another world knows about shitty GOG as the best server ever and they knows nothing about .ru...

The only thing i know and without offended you is… I told you for many years to change your name for a worldwide one, i always told you RU was not a good thing for our server and you have never listen me.

Look like i was right again!

Btw we dont need gog at all, believe me.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
Isn’t a hack when one player utilizes something that nobody else has? Or say IL takes down this new combat version but some already have it... that would be a hack.  However, if everyone has access it’s simply a mod no longer a hack.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 06:21:03 PM »
If everyone has it,  it could be considered a mod but that doesnt mean it IS a mod.  For example,  if you added the maphack to the install profile and everyone has it,  is it then still "just a mod"?  Or would you still consider it a hack.  A hack has a VERY clear definition:

Hack:  A tool that when given to one player and not another,  provides the player using the tool an unfair advantage.

Both the black to pink AND chop meters fall under this category.  However,  I think b2p isnt as problematic because it doesnt affect the war2 economy like a chop counter would do.  The chop counter would directly impact the wood production of one player where as the other player wouldnt have that same advantage.  The B2P hack however doesnt do that.  It's just a visual thing.  Some people can see black better than others on their monitor.  Therefore a LOT of people (self NOT included) considered this a BUG that needed to be "patched".  I still consider it a hack not because it gave anyone an unfair advantage,  but because it removed an entire part of war2 that I always enjoyed,  and that was being sneaky and towering people right under their noses.  Sometimes it worked,  sometimes it didnt.  But either way it was a part of the game of war2 and it was fun as all hell.  But since b2p came out,  that part of my game has been completely destroyed and will NEVER return.  The same could be true for wood micro if this retard counter thing hits the main stream.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 06:24:07 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 06:25:02 PM »
If everyone has it,  it could be considered a mod but that doesnt mean it IS a mod.  For example,  if you added the maphack to the install profile and everyone has it,  is it then still "just a mod"?  Or would you still consider it a hack.  A hack has a VERY clear definition:

Hack:  A tool that when given to one player and not another,  provides the player using the tool an unfair advantage.

Both the black to pink AND chop meters fall under this category.  However,  I think b2p isnt as problematic because it doesnt affect the war2 economy like a chop counter would do.  The chop counter would directly impact the wood production of one player where as the other player wouldnt have that same advantage.  The B2P hack however doesnt do that.  It's just a visual thing.  Some people can see black better than others on their monitor.  Therefore a LOT of people (self NOT included) considered this a BUG that needed to be "patched".  I still consider it a hack not because it gave anyone an unfair advantage,  but because it removed an entire part of war2 that I always enjoyed,  and that was being sneaky and towering people right under their noses.  Sometimes it worked,  sometimes it didnt.  But either way it was a part of the game of war2 and it was fun as all hell.  But since b2p came out,  that part of my game has been completely destroyed and will NEVER return.  The same could be true for wood micro if this retard counter thing hits the main stream.

Dude if map hack his add to the original version is not a hack anymore cuz everyone will have it, so it's not an advantage for nobody since everyone got it.. What do you dont understand of that part…

Fucking read bro!

Hack: A tool that when given to one player and not another,  provides the player using the tool an unfair advantage.

A tool can be a software or even an hardware, that give advantage to one player and not the other, using the tool an unfair advantage, NOTHING is unfair we everyone got it!!

Comprendez!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 06:28:40 PM by Equinox »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »
So let me get this straight,  you wouldnt have a problem with adding a maphack to war2?  You would consider it a "cool update"?  In order to ADD something to war2combat,  it must first be determined if it's a HACK or not BEFORE it comes in.  If it is a hack,  then it should absolutely NEVER be added.  Ever.  Because it would ruin the game.  A prime example of how war2 was ruined (by blizzard themselves) was when they "fixed" the lumber bug.  An example of how War2combat ruined war2 was when they made the black to pink hack a main stream thing.  To AVOID these things in the future,  then we need to vet whatever goes into the install profile and simply not allow anything that is considered a "hack" BEFORE it was added.  Not after.  If you only look at it AFTER,  then it's already to late.  You've ruined the game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 06:33:39 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 06:33:02 PM »

Actually you said in other post, i miss that time where i can make surprise attack as black player and rape eveything because player cant notice im there…

You see, that clearly an hack!!! And thats why black to pink it not an hack but it have been created to get rid of that hacks…

You see being black and make surprise attack because because peoples cant see you is not fun, its a fucking damn advantage you took on 7 other peoples who will be visible as fuck with there bright color since black is the only color to give advantage…

You see how the fuck you make no sens, you there giving props to black hack but you are there spitting on the black to pink fix.

You have absolutly no idea of what you are talking, your just there spitting your god damn none sens.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »
The only thing i know and without offended you is… I told you for many years to change your name for a worldwide one, i always told you RU was not a good thing for our server and you have never listen me.
Btw that was a russian torrent tracker...
And that wasn't about .ru, that was about unofficial server. GOG is official, war2.ru is not. Quite enough to not care or war2.ru and care of GOG.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
You forgot one thing.  The color black is built into the game and it doesnt give you the same color in EVERY game.  It's completely random.  Not forgetting that your opponent is black and that you need to PAY ATTENTION,  is a skill.  One which died well before you were in War2 so I dont expect you to understand it much,  as did the lumber bug skills.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 06:38:10 PM by {Lance} »