black2pink is a hack, it should be denied
2 (5.9%)
Chop bars is a hack
13 (38.2%)
Nothing is
6 (17.6%)
Let's make and promote more plugins/utils: health bars, magic bars, etc
5 (14.7%)
All plugins should be detected by antihack to know who use them, then they are legal
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Which is more of a hack 2?  (Read 20421 times)

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Which is more of a hack 2?
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2019, 10:40:19 AM »
Great question. 
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »
We could always test it, if everyone agrees on a poll.  Then from there if we don’t like it, change it back through another poll.  Ilyaz not going to care about adjusting an easy value on whatever is agreed on.
You could just create a Custom GOW.pud where the knights are stronger or cheaper.  Maybe make archers stronger, and dragons and gryphons faster as well.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2019, 11:17:22 AM »
We could always test it, if everyone agrees on a poll.  Then from there if we don’t like it, change it back through another poll.  Ilyaz not going to care about adjusting an easy value on whatever is agreed on.
You could just create a Custom GOW.pud where the knights are stronger or cheaper.  Maybe make archers stronger, and dragons and gryphons faster as well.

But you cant change it like speed attack
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:24 AM »
Voting options are cretins.
I do not know what to choose there. MUCH excess.
Bitch, or CHOICE that THIS IS CHEAT, or, bitch, THIS IS NOT CHEAT.

I vote that the chopbar is NOT cheat.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2019, 06:24:51 AM »
Misters clever, figs.
Tell me, will it be fair if someone uses this plugin and someone does not?
I heard that the CHOPBARS plugin has been used up to this point. And no one complained - it was probably convenient to have an easy advantage, right?

So what is the problem of legalizing a really useful plugin?
_____
Господа-умники, фиговы.
Скажите, честно ли будет, если кто-то будет использовать этот плагин, а кто-то нет?
Я слышал, что плагин ЧОПБАРС, использовали и до этого момента. И никто не жаловался - наверное, было удобно, иметь лёгкое преимущество, не так ли?

Так в чём, проблема легализовать действительно полезный плагин?

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »
You can’t do it unless you use the setting “use map settings” which in turn on GoW would just make it fixed order (ie red 4:00, blue 5:00).  On melee the settings won’t stick(through testing). I don’t believe there’s another way to do this besides setting it in the .exe.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
ybe go play on bnet and open your eyes a little.  You are very close minded, you haven’t mentioned a single idea yet. All you are doing is being s typical nay sayer (probably another one that votes against the lumber bar) because you don’t like change.

That is why NONE of these game mechanic type mods belong here (health bars, unit strength modifications, etc).  There is already an engine that allows you to do those types of mods WITHOUT the difficulty of implementing them in the GUI.  Since you have the actual sourcecode for the GUI,  doing all of that is very simple.  If you DL the latest Wargus,  you'll see that they already have these types of mods as options AT game creation time.  If you REALLY want to do these things, then all you have to do is DL wargus,  remove all the garbage they put into it,  make it as close to war2 as possible, and then start over with adding whatever mods you want.  Thats the best way to get a "new" war2 without fucking up what we have already.  The server for a stratagus based game is called Metaserver and its essentially the same thing as PVPGN.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »
the best thing would update 1.33 + dosbox ....all it needs is ally vision there ya go android mac linux windows solaris reactos os2 warp 4.0 is covered
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:51:20 PM by easycompany »

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2019, 05:57:27 PM »
wtf is chop bars?? some custom map shit???

pink "hack" isnt a hack, it is fair for everybody.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2019, 07:51:37 PM »
wtf is chop bars?? some custom map shit???

pink "hack" isnt a hack, it is fair for everybody.

Chop bar was fair for everyone, they just decide whats it's fair or not depent of what they want from there personal gaming.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2019, 05:59:46 AM »
wtf is chop bars??

The "Chop Bars" plugin

The "Chop Bars" plugin gives you an on-screen progress bar for chopping peons that you own and are selected.

I released it so everyone could use it, mainly as a demo of the sort of improvements we could make to the game to make it better for everyone.

Because it conveys a little bit of information a few people started throwing a huge tantrum about it.

iL released it (and the rest of my plugins) as part of the latest CE then removed the chop_bars later because of people crying on this forum. AFAIK it has never actually been declared to be an illegal mod. Its still on the forum somewhere in a zip file. If you want to check it out you can just put the chop_bars.w2p file in the PLUGIN folder and restart wc2.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2019, 06:36:33 AM »
You were the only one throwing a "huge tantrum" about it Lambchops because people disagreed on it and you  then decided to throw a huge tantrum, which you then followed up with trying to frame me for hacking. Then you got caught hacking days later, banned, and now you're probably the one who hacked burnt too because you're still pissed off you're not allowed to hack and want to take it out on war2s most passionate player.

But by all means, we all threw the tantrum. Not you. Even though you rage replied to every post that was like "cool mods, but the chop bar should probably go"

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2019, 08:33:26 AM »
Oh that lamb. Forgot, I've read about it yes. Well, it is fair if it is loaded in combat for everybody.

However, as an old skooler I admit it changes the gaming style a lot.
In my op it is a skill to remember ur own peons n switch them around with diff jobs.

But , I don't c much harm done if every combat user has it.
Bnet users should b forbidden cuz have no AH... I know the language probs but u can mode hotkeys rite?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »
Oh that lamb. Forgot, I've read about it yes. Well, it is fair if it is loaded in combat for everybody.

However, as an old skooler I admit it changes the gaming style a lot.
In my op it is a skill to remember ur own peons n switch them around with diff jobs.

But , I don't c much harm done if every combat user has it.
Bnet users should b forbidden cuz have no AH... I know the language probs but u can mode hotkeys rite?

I agree with you ripe it's a skill to remember, and after 20 years i know how to play that game without chop bar, and im sure you can do it too.

The fact is, after a certain level, when you became pro, you dont need that thing at all, but it was still a nice tool to add on the game for new commer and as improvement for the game itself.

It's also a skill being able to adapt yourself on new mecanic and new updates.

Every games add new mecanics to there game every weeks or months, thats why best players of the worlds always follow updates no matter what.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »
The fact is, after a certain level, when you became pro, you dont need that thing at all, but it was still a nice tool to add on the game for new commer and as improvement for the game itself.

Yes. Nobody needs it, and I honestly don't care if people use it or not. It is no big deal at all.

Was really just a test/demo.

The result of the test was: Don't waste your time and energy creating things for a bunch of children who will just complain and abuse you anyway.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!