Author Topic: Leftism thread for forum.war2.ru (Communism itt)  (Read 164591 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Leftism thread for forum.war2.ru
« Reply #390 on: March 18, 2017, 01:17:42 AM »
There are people living on the streets out there, and there are people going to bed hungry, and we all have our own little luxuries but $30k on wine each month is beyond decadent, it's so extravagant and stupid, so callous and evil, that the only humane, just, and merciful response is to take these wine enthusiasts, line them up against a wall, and give the signal to the firing squad.  Unfortunately the world is not so kind, and so these people carry on buying $30,000 in wine.

Would it also be ok to also place rappers and celebrities who spend thousands of dollars on jewelry, clothes, and fancy cars in said firing squad?

Poverty isnt that bad in America in the grand scheme of things.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:22:14 AM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2017, 01:20:34 AM »
u want them to mc hammer,people like me just sit on money make ya own wine

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:22 AM »
that's not true. equal opportunity doesn't exist and your place in the hierarchy of capitalist society is determined by heredity. not hard work. the poorest people of society are also the hardest workers of society.

My parents immigrated to American from India in 1983 with nothing.
My father got a sales job in manhatten and worked 45-60 hours a week until he was able to save enough to start his own business. In 2000 my mother sold my fathers businesses for a considerably large amount of money.
It was through hard work and proper savings/investments that my family is successful. It wasn't hereditary as you claim.

Anyone can work hard and save money. You dont have to be born into wealth.

you think a few rare exceptions change the general rule? many people can work their asses of 60 hours and week and that doesn't guarantee their business will succeed. you got lucky.
also if he got a job as a salesman he likely already had an education, making him already more privileged than most indians. much less than half the country was even literate in the '80s.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »
that's not true. equal opportunity doesn't exist and your place in the hierarchy of capitalist society is determined by heredity. not hard work. the poorest people of society are also the hardest workers of society.

My father got a sales job in manhatten and worked 45-60 hours a week until he was able to save enough to start his own business. In 2000 my mother sold my fathers businesses for a considerably large amount of money.
It was through hard work and proper savings/investments that my family is successful. It wasn't hereditary as you claim.

Your parents sound retarded.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

you think a few rare exceptions change the general rule? many people can work their asses of 60 hours and week and that doesn't guarantee their business will succeed. you got lucky.
also if he got a job as a salesman he likely already had an education, making him already more privileged than most indians. much less than half the country was even literate in the '80s.

He's full of shit, Indians who actually "have nothing" can't afford to immigrate to America 99% of the time. If you poke him about it enough it will probably eventually come out hes from a high caste family.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »

Marxism and communism died decades ago. Its a disproven ideology which has been shown to be ineffective.

Seems unlikely anything I will say will tilt your ideology in a different direction. If your fine with the government telling you what to do and how to live so be it I suppose.
war2 > war3

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »

Marxism and communism died decades ago. Its a disproven ideology which has been shown to be ineffective.

That's why Kerala, a state run by Marxists, has the highest literacy rate, highest HDI, highest life expectancy, and the most progressive state BY FAR in all India.

Seems unlikely anything I will say will tilt your ideology in a different direction.

Why would your stupid anecdote change my mind?
Marxism isn't an ideology, it's a science.
Liberalism is an ideology. Parroting old stupid myths like "anyone can work hard and make it" ignores classes, ignores unequal opportunity, etc. pure ideology.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:31:46 AM by marx was right »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »
There are people living on the streets out there, and there are people going to bed hungry, and we all have our own little luxuries but $30k on wine each month is beyond decadent, it's so extravagant and stupid, so callous and evil, that the only humane, just, and merciful response is to take these wine enthusiasts, line them up against a wall, and give the signal to the firing squad.  Unfortunately the world is not so kind, and so these people carry on buying $30,000 in wine.

Would it also be ok to also place rappers and celebrities who spend thousands of dollars on jewelry, clothes, and fancy cars in said firing squad?

Poverty in America is sinfully bad considering it's the wealthiest nation on earth and the world's foremost neocolonialist, the greatest exploiter of developing world resources and labor in existence.  And yet all that wealth is funneled back to a few billionaires spending $30,000 on wine a month while millions live in poverty, in crushing debt, ready to go bankrupt the first time they get seriously sick.  It's a disgrace.  And shit about your parents doing well doesn't matter, there are tens of millions of people in this country that have jobs and work hard everyday and still struggle to live a life above the poverty line.  It's sick.  And this is at the seat of empire, not even mentioning the suffering we export across the rest of the world, where indeed it's much worse thanks to this malevolent and predatory capitalist system.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:53:42 AM by eyyy im walkin here »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
https://monthlyreview.org/2017/02/01/trump-and-climate-catastrophe/
Capitalism is literally going to destroy the earth, and for the benefit of like 0.01% of its people lol.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »

Poverty in America is sinfully bad considering it's the wealthiest nation on earth and the world's foremost neocolonialist, the greatest exploiter of developing world resources and labor in existence.  And yet all that wealth is funneled back to a few billionaires spending $30,000 on wine a month while millions live in poverty, in crushing debt, ready to go bankrupt the first time they get seriously sick.  It's a disgrace.  And shit about your parents doing well doesn't matter, there are tens of millions of people in this country that have jobs and work hard everyday and still struggle to live a life above the poverty line.  It's sick.  And this is at the seat of empire, not even mentioning the suffering we export across the rest of the world, where indeed it's much worse thanks to this malevolent and predatory capitalist system.

The reason I talked about my family is because they are examples of how anyone can work hard and be successful. There are thousands of examples of people who came from little money and social status who went on to be successful.
While it is true that there are people living in inner cities and manufacturing towns who don't have the same opportunities as a good portion of America. That doesn't mean it is impossible for and underprivileged kid to work hard and be successful.

The government collects roughly $3.18 trillion in taxes each year. The problem is not lack of tax revenue to help disproportional under privileged Americans. The problem is wasteful spending and corruption.
The American government doesn't seem able to properly account for its own budget, giving it more tax revenue wouldn't solve any of the problems you are out lining.
war2 > war3

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »
again no one cares about your personal anecdotes. the examples of someone becoming well off after starting from nothing is so rare. and your claims of  your parents coming from "nothing" is dubious as fuck anyways.

Quote from: ~ToRa~
The government collects roughly $3.18 trillion in taxes each year. The problem is not lack of tax revenue to help disproportional under privileged Americans. The problem is wasteful spending and corruption.
The American government doesn't seem able to properly account for its own budget, giving it more tax revenue wouldn't solve any of the problems you are out lining.

what incentives does capitalism offer to curb corruption and help other people? it doesn't, that's an issue. the opposite is incentivized instead, extreme selfishness and greed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:08:41 PM by marx was right »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
again no one cares about your personal anecdotes. the examples of someone becoming well off after starting from nothing is so rare. and your claims of  your parents coming from "nothing" is dubious as fuck anyways.

Ok tell me what do you mean by "from nothing"?

When I say from nothing I mean from no start up capital.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »

The reason I talked about my family is because they are examples of how anyone can work hard and be successful. There are thousands of examples of people who came from little money and social status who went on to be successful.
While it is true that there are people living in inner cities and manufacturing towns who don't have the same opportunities as a good portion of America. That doesn't mean it is impossible for and underprivileged kid to work hard and be successful.

What does it matter if a family here and there can get money if there's still millions of people working everyday and struggling?  It doesn't. 

It's not that much worth arguing about this since your pov is simple and ideological and is only supported by an anecdotal story and vague notions of "corruption" and "waste."  As long as there are people with tens of millions of dollars and others with nothing, taxes aren't high enough.  And when you talk of waste, that's what the for-profit health care system is, a massively wasteful system that even a cursory glance at statistics and facts would make clear.  We need medicare for all and other Bernie-type policies desperately because the inequality in this country is driving people to racist reaction.  But we really need much more than that, we need to smash the system that makes this sort of inequality and exploitation possible.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
You need don't need more tax revenue to make a better health care system or many of the things bernie sanders preached. Your argument sounds more like "it's unfair that some people are very wealthy while others are poor, so lets take away money from rich people."
The tax revenue America already collects is more than sufficient to to cover the costs of running the country properly.
Raising peoples taxes wouldn't bring millions of people out of poverty. It would just make lobbyists in Washington who fight for defense, construction, environmental, etc. more wealthy than they already are.

Example: the 2nd ave subway line in NYC
http://www.npr.org/2017/01/02/507898727/new-yorks-long-awaited-second-avenue-subway-finally-leaves-the-station

This project costs 6 billion dollars for less than 4 miles of train track. It is the most expensive subway line in the world. Why you ask? The world may never know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:52:42 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »
You need don't need more tax revenue to make a better health care system or many of the things bernie sanders preached. Your argument sounds more like "it's unfair that some people are very wealthy while others are poor, so lets take away money from rich people."
Well yeah.  There being people so wealthy while others starve is a form of violence.