Poll

What cost would make a paladin equal an ogre mage in terms of cost effectiveness?

750 gold 100 wood
0 (0%)
700 gold 100 wood
7 (63.6%)
800 gold 50 wood
0 (0%)
775 gold 75 wood
0 (0%)
None of those- here is my suggestion:
1 (9.1%)
Leave as is
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: November 05, 2019, 08:55:30 AM

Author Topic: Human Race Paladin Cost  (Read 9214 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Human Race Paladin Cost
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 08:09:01 PM »
All retarded ideas.  Keep it out of war2.  If you want to do this,  go play wargus.  It has all of these already.  You can modify it easier, it has pretty much all the mods done already, and it doesnt affect war2.  What your proposing is to turn war2 into something completely different.  There is no need to do any of that when such a project already exists and its NATIVE.  No need to reverse engineer anything or nigger rig anything either.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Right now there are 4 people wanting the change and 3 not.. so majority is okay with this change. Couple more votes and we can make this happen! 4 beats 3.

This isn’t turning the game into something different as lance says, this is turning the game into making paladins playable.   We are not changing any mechanics except one simple gold price.  It isn’t even a huge change to be noticeable,  but we might see paladin play.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 07:03:43 AM »
as I said vote should be in game, make banner?
there are only 7!!! votes, sometimes even 50 people play on the weekend

If we got 100 players, its only 7%

http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 07:29:42 AM »
Go for 80%+. Calling one extra vote 'majority' is kinda silly. Great ideas will get more people voting (and voting yes). Keep thinking, discussing. For now...:

Explain the 'feel' you get seeing the cost of paladins drop from 800 to 700 gold. This to me 'feels' very customy, even tho it would improve hu vs orc gameplay.

Imagine and explain how it would affect the gameplay at different stages. I'd rather you to show your understanding of the game and your reasoning here.

Try to imagine what others will think about this approach: The cost reduction idea is for helping humans directly combat ogres and/or allow more room for mistakes.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »
Let me make this abundantly CLEAR.  The poll had nothing to do with actually making a change.  It had everything to do with an OPINION on what it would take to make paladins or whatever u want to call it,  better in the eyes of others as far as "balance" goes.  Trying to make the jump from opinion on a THEORETICAL CHANGE to lets fuck up war2 with it are 2 completely different things.  Those "votes" you are calling for change with would very likely never actually vote for such a ridiculous change.  They would probably tell you the same thing I'd tell you.  Do it somewhere else.  It's one thing to talk theoreticals,  its quite another to literally ruin a game over those theoreticals.  And thats not even to mention the fact that a 4-3 vote is anything to write home about.  That to me actually spells CONTROVERSIAL and not "majority rules".  A majority to me is 90-95% and the amount of votes would have to be FAR more than 7 freaking people.  I'd want to see 30+ from KNOWN real people in the game (none of this 10 post account crap) in order to eliminate any possibility that 90% of the people didnt vote when it comes to something like balance of the game.  I can guarantee you that in such a scenario,  something like this would be the laughing stock and get shot down faster than a duck in duckhunt.

I have said this A TON already but it's clearly not sinking in.  There are OTHER WAYS to improve war2 besides making changes to the game mechanics.  Lone hit on a good example of this.  Make a command IN THE GAME that allows you to vote on things about the game.  Of course it should be limited to accounts with a history (maybe stats can be used for that or some sort of other flag such as a "verified" flag),  but still is in improvement that DOESNT TOUCH THE GAME MECHANICS. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:59:01 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 02:52:12 PM »
It’s 6-3 now actually. A small improvement but 66 percent approval rating. That’s enough to change a bill in the house. Let’s keep voting to get this small adjustment done.  We need a lot more votes, I’ll work on getting battle net public up to speed.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »
It’s 6-3 now actually. A small improvement but 66 percent approval rating. That’s enough to change a bill in the house. Let’s keep voting to get this small adjustment done.  We need a lot more votes, I’ll work on getting battle net public up to speed.

still not enough, admins can you check how many we got active players?
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »

You keep forgetting that the poll wasnt about an actual change to the game installer.  It was simply an opinion about "what if".  If you want to actually make a REAL change,  you would need a crap ton more people to vote on a NEW poll specifically for that purpose.  The ONLY example we have of that is the black to pink patch and that took a LOT of discussion and polling and its the ONLY change to war2 that I have no problem with and I'll be the first to tell you, I DIDNT vote for it, I still dont support it, but I was outnumbered and I accept it as a change simply because of the sheer amount of people who didnt see it the way I do.  I have made no polls to remove it and I would not start now either.  It's proponents won fair and square with a LARGE majority of over 95% with a large voting pool,  it wasnt 7 people or whatever,  not even close.  And a change like this is even MORE delicate than B2P.  Trying to sneak something by simply because you think you have some sort of majority,  is a joke at best and laughable at worst.

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »
This poll is a real poll to change the game. Just need a lot more votes. I wouldn’t do a hypothetical and nobody else besides you thinks it is a hypothetical.  This is real, if we get about 30-40 voters, it can happen.

The chop bar removal shows you only need 15 voters.  There was 10 votes against it, 5 votes for it and 5 voters in other areas supporting the bar.  There was a 66 percent  get rid of vote rating, and in the end it got removed.

In fact there were people supporting the concept of adding other bars but I won’t even count those in because multiple votes could be counted.

In the end, it’s what the community wants. Not just 1 or 2 people.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:49:19 PM by Incos »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
What cost would make a paladin equal an ogre mage in terms of cost effectiveness?

Where in there does it say "Would you support adding a change that changes the cost effectiveness...."  It doesnt.  The above question is a HYPOTHETICAL opinion question,  its not a question of support.  It's not a question of whether to add something to the installer or not.

"what would make" == HYPOTHETICAL.  What college did you go to?  The prestigious electoral collage in their doctorate program?  lol

"Would you support" != "what would make"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:58:07 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 03:57:52 PM »
Look at all the options. I wouldn’t put “leave as is” if it was hypothetical. That wouldn’t make sense to the conversation.

This is not hypotheticals.. this is obviously a poll.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:00:18 PM by Incos »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 03:59:45 PM »
That is actually what you call a "bait and switch" tactic,  try to present it as one thing, and then apply it to something completely different.  The ONLY reason it's there is so that you can try to paint the original question as something its NOT.  A real poll of approval has 2 options.  Yes and No.  Period.  Thats it.  It doesnt have 50 different options (unless of course you live in Maine where are voting rules have gone to complete and utter fucking shit).

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »
Chop bar got removed with 5 options. (Not just a yes or no so your reason is invalid).. Everyone has a right to their own choice, maybe yours doesn’t align to the people. That’s fine, you’re a little antiquated. I support people’s choices, if this gets enough votes. We will try to move forward and get the coding piece done.  Then add it to the game. This isn’t a dictatorship.  Let everyone speak... there is no tactics here.  It’s been clearly expressed since the beginning as a real possible change.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:07:53 PM by Incos »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
Chop bar got removed with 5 options. (Not just a yes or no so your reason is invalid).. Everyone has a right to their own choice, maybe yours doesn’t align to the people. That’s fine, you’re a little antiquated. I support people’s choices, if this gets enough votes. We will try to move forward and get the coding piece done.  Then add it to the game. This isn’t a dictatorship.  Let everyone speak... there is no tactics here.  It’s been clearly expressed since the beginning as a real possible change.

It was removed because it was added improperly and it was painfully obvious that the senior players were in agreement.  Maybe you're not aware,  but like Tom Brady,  some of us have been preserving war2 since before some of you were even walking on this earth.  It also had NO impact on the game where as adding something has a HUGE impact.  Therefore removing it is not as dangerous and doesnt need to be held to the same standards.  You vet a change more than you do removing a mistake/bug, that applies to not only war2,  but anything in life.

I tell you what.  I'll help you out by making a REAL poll.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm confident enough that this is such a joke,  I have no problem proposing it as a retarded change.

Here you go: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5315.0.html A real poll about real change.  Let me know how it goes.  If you can get like 20+ people to vote on it (like REAL people,  not some 10 post drone that just signed up a yr or less ago),  we'll have something to discuss.  Otherwise,  all this talk about changing the installer with this kind of change is just a complete joke.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:50:39 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
Bump.  This is the official poll. Continue on.