Removing it is the right thing to do, thanks for that. Now the next step is to add it to the detection logic of the Antihack. Here is a list of things that I see as needing improvement before anything else:
1. AH Needs to function properly (fix any bugs in it if there are any)
2. Close the man in the middle attack for the AH by using authentication on every call/request. (I can walk you through how to create a UUID in private)
3. Disallow non-war2combat clients from the PVPGN server
4. Modify msg from "Note" user for those that have Holepunch enabled, change it's message to "Only users with holepunch will be able to join your games" (this may not be needed if you force all users to a version that has it enabled by default anyway)
5. Fix /gameinfo to work with games that have been started
6. Consider modifying PVPGN (more /COMMAND type things) rather than modifying the war2 client. The server is capable of much more than you give it credit for (such as being able to create tourneys and manage them from the server and have the results show up on a website OR with a server command). I think the biggest overlooked area to consider modifying is the PVPGN server. It's also the EASIEST to modify as well since we have the sourcecode for it.
Put your efforts toward getting that working properly, once it's working well, then focus on something else. A good start after getting the AH working would be to limit the game versions that can connect to the PVPGN server. That one change will fix a lot of hack type problems. Then once you have that done, you can work on identifying EACH machine with a UUID so that you can improve the effectiveness of the AH. Each request/call should be an "authenticated" process and you tie that to the UUID. How you create that UUID, thats something I would have to outline to you in private.